Re: [pittscomicon] Guests you would like to see in 2009...

    Message 1 of 27 , May 15, 2008
      Larry Hama

      dont forget everyone sign up on the myspace page i made for us at      myspace.com/pghcomicon

      In a message dated 5/15/2008 5:07:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, uss_escort@... writes:
      Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
      see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
      the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 27 , May 15, 2008
        Oh don't get me started....Neal Adams, Frank Brunner, Gene Colan
        (although I hear his health is bad), Jerry Robinson, Dick
        Giordano...enough for now :)--- In

        Message 3 of 27 , May 15, 2008

          Joss Whedon, stan the man lee, Judd winick, bring back some old school wrestlers, hot model chicks (not the crack head ones either) I will leave it at that...for now

          Oh don't get me started....Neal Adams, Frank Brunner, Gene Colan
          (although I hear his health is bad), Jerry Robinson, Dick
          Giordano...enough for now :)--- In
          pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@ ...> wrote:

          > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
          > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
          > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

        • justinalvahuntsman
          Message 4 of 27 , May 15, 2008
            Toss money at Ethan VanSciver until he decides to show up.

            I wonder how much it'd really cost for him to weigh his
            ridiculous "Moral Standards" against his bank account, and show up.
          • justinalvahuntsman
            Message 5 of 27 , May 15, 2008
              Seriously though:

              Bryan Lee O'Malley, and David Willis

              Writer/artists on "Scott Pilgrim" and "Shortpacked" respectively.

              of course, with Willis, that may be a problem, as "Botcon" happened the
              same weekend as Pittsburgh this year, and well, he's an insatiable
              Transformers fan, who'll not give up that show to save my dying mother.

              who he bought for a nickel.

              you see, my mom is a prostitute.
            • Will Crites
              Message 6 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                I'd like to see Simon Fraser at next years ComiCon. He's been an artist for
                2000 AD for years. He's done Judge Dredd and created Nikolai Dante. To
                contact him his email is mzungusi@... , to see some of his work go to
                www.simonfraser.net . Yep he's from the UK but lives in New York City.

                Will

                uss_escort wrote :

                Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
              • Hunter Rose
                Message 7 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                  Matt Wagner.

                  Message 8 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                    Orson Scott Card

                    wrote:

                    > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                    > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                    > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                  • James Rowe
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                      Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some actors from heroes.

                      Darth Stewie

                      James

                      Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                      see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                      the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                    • Jim Balent Studios
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                        if Joss comes...i challenge him to Jello wrestling!

                        Message 11 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                          I will referee.

                        • jencomx3@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                            In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:

                            I will referee.

                            and I'll host :)

                            Jen
                            htttp://www.comicon.com/pulse

                          • Jim Balent Studios
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                              got to be blue jello

                              I will referee.

                              Message 14 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                                i'll sing while wrestling

                                jencomx3@... wrote:

                                In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com writes:

                                I will referee.

                                and I'll host :)

                                Jen
                                htttp://www. comicon.com/ pulse

                                Message 15 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                                  Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                                  suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you are
                                  interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                                  that info you can send it directly to me.)

                                  Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...

                                  There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                                  it comes to media guests:
                                  They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                                  guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                                  the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business wise.

                                  There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                                  just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                                  see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:

                                  Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who graduated
                                  from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.

                                  Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl

                                  Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                                  another person I'd love to have.

                                  They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                                  maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".

                                  So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon Faithful.
                                  If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or their
                                  representation. Let me know.

                                  Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible guests
                                  with Pittsburgh ties let me know.

                                  Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay in
                                  know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                                  you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests to
                                  the Burgh. Keep me informed.

                                  I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and passion.

                                  Patrick
                                  Marketing Director
                                  Pittsburgh Comicon
                                • batmiteforever
                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                                    fyi..
                                    Artist Gene Colan has been suffering from liver failure for the past
                                    several weeks. "Spoke with Gene this evening," Clifford Meth has
                                    posted on his blog. "He was exhausted but very optimistic." But his
                                    wife, Adrienne, wrote Meth, "The complications are very nasty. This
                                    week it's fluid retention and encephalitis. He's on powerful meds
                                    now to diminish the symptoms."

                                    Colan, of course, worked in comics beginning in the mid-1940s, with
                                    fans today most familiar with his work on Daredevil, Tomb of
                                    Dracula, and Howard the Duck.

                                    Meth is in the midst of preparations to auction comics-oriented
                                    material on the Colans' behalf. Check his blog to support the effort
                                    to help the couple.

                                    ..--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"

                                  • sjharvey9@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 16, 2008
                                      In a message dated 5/15/2008 5:07:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, uss_escort@... writes:
                                      Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                      see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                      the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
                                      Maybe more actors from Farscape or the Stargate series.

                                      --- SCOTT

                                    • Nathan Hill
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 17, 2008

                                        Well...how about Harlan Ellison?  He is from Ohio, and I've heard was entertaining the notion of returning to the Mid Ohio Con.  I saw him there about 8 years ago, and he was awesome.  Gave a great lecture, then signed books for hours.  He also played "hollywood squares" with other con guests, which was hilarious.

                                        My wife (Jen, you know her as Amy the "Jedi Girl" from the wedding panel) and I would LOVE Dick Giordano to come.

                                        Larry Hama was another good idea.  Denny O'Neil was in Baltimore two years ago, and was pretty cool.

                                          Message 20 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                                            Michael Keaton is from the burgh and comes back now and again. I know
                                            dream big right....but my boss knows his sister. I'll see if he can
                                            get me some contact info...I was telling Glenn at the store today
                                            about it. (I should point out I have been begging my boss to get an
                                            autograph for me for 2 years and counting)--- In
                                            pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

                                            > Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                                            > suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you
                                            are
                                            > interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                                            > that info you can send it directly to me.)
                                            >
                                            > Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...
                                            >
                                            > There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                                            > it comes to media guests:
                                            > They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                                            > guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                                            > the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business
                                            wise.

                                            > There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                                            > just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                                            > see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:
                                            >
                                            > Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who
                                            graduated
                                            > from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.
                                            >
                                            > Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl
                                            >
                                            > Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                                            > another person I'd love to have.
                                            >
                                            > They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                                            > maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".
                                            >
                                            > So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon
                                            Faithful.
                                            > If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or
                                            their
                                            > representation. Let me know.
                                            >
                                            > Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible
                                            guests
                                            > with Pittsburgh ties let me know.
                                            >
                                            > Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay
                                            in
                                            > know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                                            > you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests
                                            > the Burgh. Keep me informed.
                                            >
                                            > I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and
                                            passion.

                                            > Patrick
                                            > Marketing Director
                                            > Pittsburgh Comicon

                                          • Chris Underwood
                                            Message 21 of 27 , May 17, 2008
                                              I'd love it if Bendis came back again.
                                              The Hernandez brothers would be great too.
                                              Maybe J.G. Jones, Rich Buckler, Ernie Chan, Paul Jenkins, Chris Claremont, Mark Silvestri, Neil Gaiman,  Sergio Aragones, Mike Mignola, Jeph Lobe, Bernie Wrightson, Bruce Jones, Alex Ross, John Byrne, Sam Kieth, Moebius, Neal Adams, Harvey Pekar, Marc Hansen, David Finch, J. Scott Campbell.......................Wow, I'm sorry. Just got on a roll there

                                              On 5/15/08, uss_escort <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                                              Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                              see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                              the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                            • briantlaslo
                                              Message 22 of 27 , May 25, 2008
                                                Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.

                                                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                                                > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                                > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                                > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                              • Maya
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jun 2, 2008
                                                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@...> wrote:
                                                  >That would be so super if he Joss Whedon; would grace us with his
                                                  present!
                                                  > Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.
                                                  >
                                                  > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@> wrote:
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                                  > > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                                  > > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                                • liquidjupiter81
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jun 6, 2008
                                                    Jim Lee

                                                    Gigi Edgley & other Farscapers
                                                    I also agree on Heroes actors

                                                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, James Rowe <pestilence15052@...>
                                                    wrote:

                                                    > Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some
                                                    actors from heroes.

                                                    > "Join the dark side ... We have cookies"
                                                    > Darth Stewie
                                                    >

                                                    > James

                                                  • AZAZEL RAVENHEART
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008
                                                      I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008

                                                        I will second that motion

                                                        I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone