Guests you would like to see in 2009...

  • uss_escort
    Message 1 of 27 , May 15 2:07 PM
      Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
      see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
      the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
      Message 2 of 27 , May 15 2:40 PM
        Larry Hama

        dont forget everyone sign up on the myspace page i made for us at      myspace.com/pghcomicon

        In a message dated 5/15/2008 5:07:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, uss_escort@... writes:
        Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
        see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
        the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 27 , May 15 8:02 PM
          Oh don't get me started....Neal Adams, Frank Brunner, Gene Colan
          (although I hear his health is bad), Jerry Robinson, Dick
          Giordano...enough for now :)--- In

          Message 4 of 27 , May 15 8:28 PM

            Joss Whedon, stan the man lee, Judd winick, bring back some old school wrestlers, hot model chicks (not the crack head ones either) I will leave it at that...for now

            Oh don't get me started....Neal Adams, Frank Brunner, Gene Colan
            (although I hear his health is bad), Jerry Robinson, Dick
            Giordano...enough for now :)--- In
            pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@ ...> wrote:

            > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
            > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
            > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

          • justinalvahuntsman
            Message 5 of 27 , May 15 11:02 PM
              Toss money at Ethan VanSciver until he decides to show up.

              I wonder how much it'd really cost for him to weigh his
              ridiculous "Moral Standards" against his bank account, and show up.
            • justinalvahuntsman
              Message 6 of 27 , May 15 11:11 PM
                Seriously though:

                Bryan Lee O'Malley, and David Willis

                Writer/artists on "Scott Pilgrim" and "Shortpacked" respectively.

                of course, with Willis, that may be a problem, as "Botcon" happened the
                same weekend as Pittsburgh this year, and well, he's an insatiable
                Transformers fan, who'll not give up that show to save my dying mother.

                who he bought for a nickel.

                you see, my mom is a prostitute.
              • Will Crites
                Message 7 of 27 , May 16 1:31 AM
                  I'd like to see Simon Fraser at next years ComiCon. He's been an artist for
                  2000 AD for years. He's done Judge Dredd and created Nikolai Dante. To
                  contact him his email is mzungusi@... , to see some of his work go to
                  www.simonfraser.net . Yep he's from the UK but lives in New York City.

                  Will

                  uss_escort wrote :

                  Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                  see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                  the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
                • Hunter Rose
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 16 4:48 AM
                    Matt Wagner.

                    Message 9 of 27 , May 16 6:01 AM
                      Orson Scott Card

                      wrote:

                      > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                      > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                      > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                    • James Rowe
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 16 6:06 AM
                        Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some actors from heroes.

                        Darth Stewie

                        James

                        Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                        see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                        the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                      • Jim Balent Studios
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 16 6:52 AM
                          if Joss comes...i challenge him to Jello wrestling!

                          Message 12 of 27 , May 16 6:56 AM
                            I will referee.

                          • jencomx3@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 16 6:57 AM
                              In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@... writes:

                              I will referee.

                              and I'll host :)

                              Jen
                              htttp://www.comicon.com/pulse

                            • Jim Balent Studios
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 16 7:16 AM
                                got to be blue jello

                                I will referee.

                                Message 15 of 27 , May 16 7:17 AM
                                  i'll sing while wrestling

                                  jencomx3@... wrote:

                                  In a message dated 5/16/2008 8:56:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com writes:

                                  I will referee.

                                  and I'll host :)

                                  Jen
                                  htttp://www. comicon.com/ pulse

                                  Message 16 of 27 , May 16 7:19 AM
                                    Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                                    suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you are
                                    interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                                    that info you can send it directly to me.)

                                    Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...

                                    There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                                    it comes to media guests:
                                    They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                                    guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                                    the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business wise.

                                    There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                                    just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                                    see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:

                                    Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who graduated
                                    from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.

                                    Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl

                                    Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                                    another person I'd love to have.

                                    They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                                    maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".

                                    So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon Faithful.
                                    If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or their
                                    representation. Let me know.

                                    Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible guests
                                    with Pittsburgh ties let me know.

                                    Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay in
                                    know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                                    you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests to
                                    the Burgh. Keep me informed.

                                    I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and passion.

                                    Patrick
                                    Marketing Director
                                    Pittsburgh Comicon
                                  • batmiteforever
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 16 9:11 AM
                                      fyi..
                                      Artist Gene Colan has been suffering from liver failure for the past
                                      several weeks. "Spoke with Gene this evening," Clifford Meth has
                                      posted on his blog. "He was exhausted but very optimistic." But his
                                      wife, Adrienne, wrote Meth, "The complications are very nasty. This
                                      week it's fluid retention and encephalitis. He's on powerful meds
                                      now to diminish the symptoms."

                                      Colan, of course, worked in comics beginning in the mid-1940s, with
                                      fans today most familiar with his work on Daredevil, Tomb of
                                      Dracula, and Howard the Duck.

                                      Meth is in the midst of preparations to auction comics-oriented
                                      material on the Colans' behalf. Check his blog to support the effort
                                      to help the couple.

                                      ..--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"

                                    • sjharvey9@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 16 4:35 PM
                                        In a message dated 5/15/2008 5:07:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, uss_escort@... writes:
                                        Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                        see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                        the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.
                                        Maybe more actors from Farscape or the Stargate series.

                                        --- SCOTT

                                      • Nathan Hill
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 17 4:36 AM

                                          Well...how about Harlan Ellison?  He is from Ohio, and I've heard was entertaining the notion of returning to the Mid Ohio Con.  I saw him there about 8 years ago, and he was awesome.  Gave a great lecture, then signed books for hours.  He also played "hollywood squares" with other con guests, which was hilarious.

                                          My wife (Jen, you know her as Amy the "Jedi Girl" from the wedding panel) and I would LOVE Dick Giordano to come.

                                          Larry Hama was another good idea.  Denny O'Neil was in Baltimore two years ago, and was pretty cool.

                                            Message 21 of 27 , May 17 8:10 PM
                                              Michael Keaton is from the burgh and comes back now and again. I know
                                              dream big right....but my boss knows his sister. I'll see if he can
                                              get me some contact info...I was telling Glenn at the store today
                                              about it. (I should point out I have been begging my boss to get an
                                              autograph for me for 2 years and counting)--- In
                                              pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...> wrote:

                                              > Now this I like. I like seeing you all so involved!!!! Keep the
                                              > suggestions coming and if you have contact info for the guests you
                                              are
                                              > interested in let us know that as well. (If you don't want to post
                                              > that info you can send it directly to me.)
                                              >
                                              > Let me take a minute to talk about media guests...
                                              >
                                              > There are some things we always have to take into consideration when
                                              > it comes to media guests:
                                              > They are expensive. It is so hard to get the money out of a media
                                              > guest that you put into them and of course the more popular they are
                                              > the more we have to pay. It is a delicate balancing act business
                                              wise.

                                              > There are tons of media guests I'd love to see in Pittsburgh that we
                                              > just can't afford, however there are a couple of guests I'd like to
                                              > see us work on because of their ties to the Burgh:
                                              >
                                              > Zachary "Sylar" Quinto from Heroes is a Greentree Native who
                                              graduated
                                              > from Central Catholic and Carnegie Melon.
                                              >
                                              > Julie (buffy/angel/dexter) Benz is a Pittsburgh/Murrysville Girl
                                              >
                                              > Author Michael Chabon (The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) is
                                              > another person I'd love to have.
                                              >
                                              > They would be generally out of our price range for Media guests but
                                              > maybe we could get a reduced rate since we are bringing them "Home".
                                              >
                                              > So I'm putting it out there to you -The Pittsburgh Comicon
                                              Faithful.
                                              > If any of you would know of any contact info for either them or
                                              their
                                              > representation. Let me know.
                                              >
                                              > Keep the suggestions coming. And if you know of other possible
                                              guests
                                              > with Pittsburgh ties let me know.
                                              >
                                              > Also keep an eye out for Movie Production Schedules. I try to stay
                                              in
                                              > know about movie productions going on during our Show dates, but if
                                              > you see something that is going on that would bring possible guests
                                              > the Burgh. Keep me informed.
                                              >
                                              > I'd like to be able to benefit from all of your knowledge and
                                              passion.

                                              > Patrick
                                              > Marketing Director
                                              > Pittsburgh Comicon

                                            • Chris Underwood
                                              Message 22 of 27 , May 17 10:18 PM
                                                I'd love it if Bendis came back again.
                                                The Hernandez brothers would be great too.
                                                Maybe J.G. Jones, Rich Buckler, Ernie Chan, Paul Jenkins, Chris Claremont, Mark Silvestri, Neil Gaiman,  Sergio Aragones, Mike Mignola, Jeph Lobe, Bernie Wrightson, Bruce Jones, Alex Ross, John Byrne, Sam Kieth, Moebius, Neal Adams, Harvey Pekar, Marc Hansen, David Finch, J. Scott Campbell.......................Wow, I'm sorry. Just got on a roll there

                                                On 5/15/08, uss_escort <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                                                Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                                see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                                the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                              • briantlaslo
                                                Message 23 of 27 , May 25 8:15 PM
                                                  Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.

                                                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@...> wrote:

                                                  > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                                  > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                                  > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                                • Maya
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jun 2, 2008
                                                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "briantlaslo" <blaslo@...> wrote:
                                                    >That would be so super if he Joss Whedon; would grace us with his
                                                    present!
                                                    > Joss Whedon, anyone from Firefly.
                                                    >
                                                    > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort" <uss_escort@> wrote:
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Hey folks. How about starting a list of creators you would like to
                                                    > > see at the 2009 Pittsburgh Comicon. The upcoming con season is when
                                                    > > the troops go out and recruit for next year's show.

                                                  • liquidjupiter81
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Jun 6, 2008
                                                      Jim Lee

                                                      Gigi Edgley & other Farscapers
                                                      I also agree on Heroes actors

                                                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, James Rowe <pestilence15052@...>
                                                      wrote:

                                                      > Peter David, JMS, Gary Frank, actors from Farscape, How about some
                                                      actors from heroes.

                                                      > "Join the dark side ... We have cookies"
                                                      > Darth Stewie
                                                      >

                                                      > James

                                                    • AZAZEL RAVENHEART
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008
                                                        I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Jun 19, 2008

                                                          I will second that motion

                                                          I would love to see Grant Morrison and maybe Jeff Smith.GailSimone