Fw: Futuristic Exhibit - Call for Artists

  • Gene Fenton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2008

      CALL FOR ARTISTS
       ANOTHER NEW EXHIBIT!

      Juried Art Show

      ‘Futuristic Art’ Exhibit

      National Call for Artists

      JUNE 13 – JULY 11 2008

      The Associated Artists of Butler County (AABC) are pleased to announce a call for artists for an exhibit to open in the main Rittelmann Gallery. The show will be held from June 13th – July 11th, 2008 with the opening reception on Friday, June 13th from 7 – 9 pm at The Art Center. The reception is free and open to the public; light refreshments served. Deadline for entry forms and fees is May 30th, 2008. AABC members may take advantage of early entry special.

      Futuristic Art is a new exhibit and is open to all artists at any point in their career. This is a themed show and must represent ‘Futuristic Art’. What will life be like 10, 100, 1000 or a million years from now? All artwork must represent the future: our town, world, universe, our fashion, technology, environment, music, film, aliens, spaceships, galaxies, etc

      Judges prizes and awards will be presented during the opening reception on June 13th. The Art Center is a large airy open facility and is located at 344 South Main Street in Butler, PA. The site has been home to AABC for over 15 years.

      For information and entry: Please visit us online at www.theartcenterbutlerpa.org and www.myspace.com/butlerartcenter.  Or call Rebecca Rose, Exhibit Director (724) 283-6922

      About the Judge: Glenn Wonsettler

      Glenn Wonsettler has been part of the administrative team at The Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as its Visitor Services Department Manager since August of 2004. Working closely with the Museum’s Educational, Curatorial and Marketing departments, he represents the visitors and patronage of The Warhol in all aspects of its function. He manages a staff of Gallery Attendants whose duties are to not only protect The Warhol Museums’ collection, but also to assist museum visitors with facts about the artworks on view while providing information about Warhol’s background and historical significance; setting them apart from typical gallery or museum security personnel.

      A graduate of the BFA program at Slippery Rock University in 2002, Wonsettler concentrated in Painting, but also studied extensively in Photography and Ceramics. He participated in many Art Department clubs and activities as well as exhibited his work on multiple occasions at the campus gallery as well as in galleries throughout the region. He spent a semester studying at the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava, Slovakia where he was able to exhibit his work and travel throughout the region. Wonsettler has also traveled extensively, both nationally and internationally, visiting countries such as Germany, Italy, France, and Japan and studying many of their renowned museum’s collections. He began work in art administration at the LaFond Gallery on Pittsburgh’s South Side as the Assistant to the Director before accepting his position at The Andy Warhol Museum.

      Heavily active in the arts and art community to this day, now in Pittsburgh where he resides, Wonsettler has recently exhibited new works in group shows at several Pittsburgh institutions and galleries such as: Modern Formations Gallery, Space and The Andy Warhol Museum. He is currently preparing for an exhibition later this year.

       *************************************************************************************************************************

      STILL TIME TO ENTER GRAPHICA AND SPRING SHOW TOO! VISIT THE WEB.

      www.theartcenterbutlerpa.org

      About the AABC...The Art Center

      The Associated Artists of Butler County is the oldest cultural organization in Butler County. Our rich history began in 1934 as our intent to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, as well as to encourage and foster art. From 19 original members our organization has grown to over 350 members.

      In 1990 The Associated Artists of Butler County moved to our current residence at 344 South Main Street and established The Art Center. The new home of the Associated Artists of Butler County provides year round exhibits free and open to the public for viewing. There are nine shows a year scheduled in the Rittelmann Gallery, The Member's Gallery, The Underground Gallery and The Mezzanine Gallery. The Kid's Art Center features work by our young artists in the After School Program. We have several classrooms, a pottery lab with kilns and a library. The Gallery Shop provides the public with the opportunity to purchase work by our many talented members. The Spirit Cafe is held every Friday night (except during opening receptions) from 7 – 9 pm and serves as an open forum for the expression of art.

      The Art Center's Mission: To encourage, foster, and promote the arts in the Butler County Community.

      Gallery Hours
      Wednesday 12 pm – 6 pm
      Thursday   12 pm – 6 pm

      Friday  12 pm - 9 pm
      Saturday   12 pm - 4 pm

      Contact Information

      Call 724-283-6922

      www.theartcenterbutlerpa.org

      www.myspace.com/butlerartcenter

      The town of Butler is located just 35 minutes north of Pittsburgh along Route 8 in Butler County.  It is easily accessible via the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

      #  #  #

      Media Contact:

      Rebecca Rose
      Exhibit Director