worth the trip

  • nubol9s
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 4:09 PM
      Hi all, I made the show again this year, I think this was my 9th year
      at this con. It was well worth the drive from Youngstown, Ohio (about
      an hour and a half drive.) I found a lot of great deals (thanks New
      Dimension,) some great $1.00 books, I also filled in some holes in my
      back issue collection of silver-age and bronze-age Marvel and DC. I
      loved seeing Holly and Jim at the Broadsword booth. I picked up lots of
      back issues there (however, just try and find any of their early issues,
      I only saw one dealer with #8 and/or under for sale. I found it also
      impossible to locate any issues of New Frontier or 300 (by DC). I loved
      seeing all the toys and dvd stuff. And as usual the artists and indie
      tables were entertaining and interesting. I do agree that there seemed
      to be fewer dealers at this show. I didn't go to any of the
      panels...sorry, nothing seemed to interest me. So until next year,
      this aging 50ish comic book fan says "Thanks Pittsburgh and ... Go
      Browns."