A Quick Thank You!!!!

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
      Hey everybody,

      I'm still decompressing from the weekend. I promise I'll have the
      pics up on the website and a formal report about the show out to all
      our e-mail subscribers by the end of the week, (I had to return to my
      secret identity of Self-Employed Commericial Printer Boy first thing
      Monday Morning) but I did want to drop a line to thank everyone on the
      board.

      It was so great to see so many of you in person. Troy contributed a
      helpful hand at the Quick Sketch on Saturday when we got backed up
      with ticket sales, and I needed someone to parade the art around the room.

      Rich and I got to have a nice conversation before the costume contest.

      It is always good to see Jim & Holly!!! I've said it once and I'll
      say it again, there are no artists more receptive and generous with
      their time than Jim, Holly and the Broadsword Crew! It is always a joy
      to have them at the show.

      I can't say enough about Jen Contino; The smartest thing Renee ever
      did was get Jen involved with the show. Her hard work on Win Lose or
      Draw, the Match Game and Karaoke Night have made them some of my
      favorite events of the show. THANK YOU JEN!!!!!

      I met Steve Regina right before the costume contest. His help with
      the Anime Catagory and names was invaluable. And the Alienated
      Productions crew were the best to work with for the Costume Contest.
      TO ALL OUR COSTUMERS: WOW!!!! You all did such a great job.

      I also got to have a nice conversation with Lisa "spider-girl" Davis,
      although I don't think either of us knew who the other was. She had
      just got back from having dinner at Friday's and I was outside on the
      steps taking a smoke break during the Auction. It was great talking
      to her as well.

      I know I'm forgetting others that I met over the weekend. But I want
      to Thank All of You, artists, vendors and fans alike for making it a
      great weekend!!!

      As a whole we couldn't be happier with how the show went and we are
      excited about planning for next year. (April 24-26, 2009)

      Just one last note:
      The Charity Auction brought in over $19,000 for Make-A-Wish
      The Quick Sketch brought in around $4,000 for the CBLDF
      and smiling Sal Buscema raised over $2,300 for the Hero Iniative.

      We have always been proud of Pittsburgh's generousity during our
      various charity events and you all out did yourselves this year.

      I'll be in touch with more news and stuff about this years con and
      details about next year.

      THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!!

      Patrick Thomas
      Marketing Director of the Pittsburgh Comicon
    • jencomx3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
        In a message dated 4/30/2008 8:02:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, patlqp@... writes:
        I can't say enough about Jen Contino; The smartest thing Renee ever
        did was get Jen involved with the show. Her hard work on Win Lose or
        Draw, the Match Game and Karaoke Night have made them some of my
        favorite events of the show. THANK YOU JEN!!!!!
        I love doing it!

        I can't wait until next year.  Each year the bugs get worked out a little better and by next year, it should be even more fun :)

        Jen
        http://www.comicon.com/pulse

      • Jim Balent Studios
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
          Always great to see you too Pat!!!
          now I'm off to colour Tarot#50!
          WooHoo
          Holly
        • SINically Twisted
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
            AH!!! This is what I get for not looking at the
            member's list! DOHH!! hehehehe HI HOLLY!

            ~Amy

            --- Jim Balent Studios <holly@...> wrote:

            > Always great to see you too Pat!!!
            > now I'm off to colour Tarot#50!
            > WooHoo
            > Holly

            Be a better friend, newshound, and
          • SINically Twisted
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 30, 2008
              It was LOTS of fun being there!! And that was my first
              time at Pittsburgh!! I meet sooooo many nice people!!
              Everyone ROCKED!!! And people sniffed me too!! LMAO
              Blasted cotton candy body spray hehehehe ;0)

              Thanks for such an awesome fun time!!! *HUGS TO ALL*
              ~Amy

            • stevenjregina
              Message 6 of 6 , May 6, 2008
                It was good talking with you before the costume contest. Also, you
                did a fantastic job running the Quick Sketch.

                I had an amazing time this year. I was honored to be asked to help
                with the anime costume judging and had a great time with the
                Alienated Productions crew at the contest, panel and my last-minute
                judge training. I had a lot of fun and look forward to doing it again.

                I ended up spending more time at my booth than I had originally
                anticipated, so I didn't get to see as much of the show as I usually
                do, but I really enjoyed what I saw. The Quick Sketch is always my
                favorite part of the show, and the Charity Auction was quite fun as
                well. Tommy Castillo, Glenn Barbis and the other auctioneers should
                be applauded for their efforts.

                The show was exhausting, but a great amount of fun.

                Steve