my thoughts on the Con

  • dugger_rockz
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 4:01 AM
      I thought it was alright. I spoke to many people about the convention
      this year and the feedback was about 50/50, the pens and the pirates
      were in town but i really cant say what the impact that had on the
      show was.The main complaint I heard was, not enough vendors, filling
      in those gaps was tougher this year and i am forced to agree, met some
      cool folks too. I dont know if i will spend the entire weekend next
      year or if i will just spend a day. I love coming to the con but this
      year just didnt do it for me. I seen it mentioned earlier about how
      the show was in the early 90's and i think there is alot to be said
      for that. I know i saved alot of money this year simply because there
      wasnt to much there. Im not trying to ruffle any feathers, Im just
      being honest. I hope next year picks up, only time will tell.
    • G.W.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29 9:15 AM
        I go to the Pittsburgh Comicon to buy, well, silly stuff. T-shirts,
        gaming stuff, oddball DVD's, that kind of thing. And there's been less
        and less of that at the Con each year. I have a pretty thorough
        arrangement with the Comic Swap, and I really don't miss many issues
        of mainstream comic books. The books I *do* miss, they're apparently
        so obscure I can't find them at the Con anyway. At this rate, there's
        going to need to be some pretty spiffy panels on Saturday to get me to
        go Sat and Sunday next year. The costume contest is a blast, don't get
        me wrong there though, and it more than makes Sundays worth it.