Had a blast at Comicon

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 27, 2008
      Wow... nice to finally meet some of you. I know Jim and Holly I
      introduced myself to at their booth and bought one of their shot glasses.

      And it was also nice to meet Patrick at the costume contest.

      Hopefully, I'll get to meet some of you later in the year around town
      and around the area.

      On my bought list:

      Legend of Zelda all episodes DVD
      Big Momma 1 & 2 by Layne Toth
      Some of those Cinnamon Roasted Cashews... yummmmmm!!!
      One of the Darth Vader hats at the Auction
      Aforementioned shot glass

      Then I got to participate as one of the contestants on Win, Lose or
      Draw. We were the winning team, so I got a $15 gift card at Phantom
      of the Attic, which I bought some back-issue Street Fighter Comics.

      And to the guys that ran the poker room/tourney, thank you for
      bringing that back.

      Had a great time.

      That being said, notably missing from the Con was all the anime guys.
      And I'm referring to the dealers, not the Anime Room guys, who just
      flat out didn't show up (did I mention before they're involved with
      Tekkoshocon???). And the video game room was very sorely missed. It
      meant trying to find stuff to kill time in between events, which I'm
      sure I'm not the only one who has a hard time keeping them self busy
      at low points in the day.

      Anywho, hope to see everyone again next year.

      Rich.
    • sillysully7
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 27, 2008
        I also had a good time. I was a little worried due to Friday's
        attendance but was pleasantly surprised.
      • James Rowe
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 28, 2008
          I also had a blast. I filled up two get well cards for Michael Turner, and got my family guy bounty hunter comission. (a second print of which went up in the charity auction). On to the what appeared to me to be a much smaller crowd, it was a hockey playoff weekend with games downtown on Friday and Sunday.

          Darth Stewie

          James rowe

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 28, 2008
            I too had a great con! I met batmiteforever, who has an awesome Batman
            art collection, and got a nifty color sketch from Todd Smith, who gives
            something extra in all his pieces. Holly and Jim were a welcome return
            this year, and will hopefully make it back soon.

            Friday seemed a little slow, especially early in the day when many of
            the artists hadn't arrived yet. The warm weather, construction on the
            east parkway, Penguins and Pirates games couldn't have helped
            attendance this year. Saturday was pretty robust, the isles were full
            and even David Prowse had a nice line.

            The costume contest was fun, but where were all the stormtroopers &
            Darthvaders? I didn't see one (not counting the children) even though
            David was at the con. I wanted a pic with Dave & some troopers :(

            Looking forward to the big show next years -

            Anthony
          • G.W.
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 28, 2008
              Overall the show was good, and the costume contest was a blast, but I
              still miss the people who had a huge booth with nothing but tons of
              t-shirts. And maybe it's just the market this year, but it seemed like
              only one vendor had any gaming merchandise, and it was very little at
              that.

              On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Anthony <forgiona@...> wrote:

              > I too had a great con! I met batmiteforever, who has an awesome Batman
              > art collection, and got a nifty color sketch from Todd Smith, who gives
              > something extra in all his pieces. Holly and Jim were a welcome return
              > this year, and will hopefully make it back soon.
              >
              > Friday seemed a little slow, especially early in the day when many of
              > the artists hadn't arrived yet. The warm weather, construction on the
              > east parkway, Penguins and Pirates games couldn't have helped
              > attendance this year. Saturday was pretty robust, the isles were full
              > and even David Prowse had a nice line.
              >
              > The costume contest was fun, but where were all the stormtroopers &
              > Darthvaders? I didn't see one (not counting the children) even though
              > David was at the con. I wanted a pic with Dave & some troopers :(
              >
              > Looking forward to the big show next years -
              >
              > Anthony

            • Will Crites

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 28, 2008
                  This was my first time there as a fan. I unfortunately didn't stay
                  long enough to take in everything, but i enjoyed it. I was
                  disappointed in the fact that there weren't any 2008 PITTSBURGH
                  COMICON TSHIRTS for sale, but only 2007. I felt like a kid again
                  when i met Mr. Prowse. He seemed like a very nice gentleman.

                  (

                  > > Looking forward to the big show next years -
                  > >
                  > > Anthony

                • Will Crites
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 28, 2008
                    This was my fifth or sixth year going, and my daughter's first. We both had a blast. The costume contest was great, my daughter go a huge case of stage fright and didn't enter. I got a sketch from Jim Balent, which I will post as soon as I get it scanned. Then my daughter got one from Jim at the end of the day. Saw Amy Lynn Best and her hubby Mike Watt at the Sirens of Cinema table. Then took a few pics. All in all, I'll be back next year.

                    Will

                  • batmiteforever
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 28, 2008
                      I had a blast and it was cool drooling over your fantastic Catwoman
                      collection of art Anthony! I hope you got some great stuff and if you
                      ever wanna sell a couple.....lol... Agree with what everybody is
                      saying Friday was slow but was great if you were getting sketches
                      done and the artist you wanted was there. Saturday was busy and
                      Sunday laid back. For all the distractions that we know were going on
                      it was well run (as always) and I thank everyone involved and know
                      next year is going to be great too! --- In
                      pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@...> wrote:

                      > I too had a great con! I met batmiteforever, who has an awesome
                      Batman
                      > art collection, and got a nifty color sketch from Todd Smith, who
                      gives
                      > something extra in all his pieces. Holly and Jim were a welcome
                      return
                      > this year, and will hopefully make it back soon.
                      >
                      > Friday seemed a little slow, especially early in the day when many
                      of
                      > the artists hadn't arrived yet. The warm weather, construction on
                      the
                      > east parkway, Penguins and Pirates games couldn't have helped
                      > attendance this year. Saturday was pretty robust, the isles were
                      full
                      > and even David Prowse had a nice line.
                      >
                      > The costume contest was fun, but where were all the stormtroopers &
                      > Darthvaders? I didn't see one (not counting the children) even
                      though
                      > David was at the con. I wanted a pic with Dave & some troopers :(
                      >
                      > Looking forward to the big show next years -
                      >
                      > Anthony

                    • Jim Balent Studios

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 29, 2008
                            Hugs to Will!

                          • sjharvey9@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 30, 2008
                              In a message dated 4/28/2008 3:24:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, megacitytours@... writes:
                              This was the only thing that disappointed me about the con too.
                              I was wondering where the booth was with all the t-shirts. I was sorta looking forward to looking thru it.