Re: Original art collectors?

  • batmiteforever
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
      I also get something by Gene every year. Great artist and a great
      guy. --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort"
      <uss_escort@...> wrote:

      > I have been getting sketches of the original Huntress where and
      when I
      > can. I also have been buying art from the Wonder Woman back-up
      series
      > and Infinity Inc. pages. I got a GREAT Huntress sketch from Gene
      > Gonzales around two years ago. He has great line work, anyone
      looking
      > for a great sketch should talk to Gene. Gotta agree with 'mite,
      > hopefully, Jim will be doing some sketches as well, I would love to
      > get a Huntress from him.
      >
      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
      > <batmiteforever@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Me too..I collect Batman and other Gotham characters. I know
      what
      > > you mean about getting characters that they worked on but it's
      also
      > > fun to get their take on a character you havent seen them do as
      > > well. I would love to get a Tex Batman and Balent Catwoman.
      Fingers

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
        AAH STEVE, Another Legion Lover!!!! Long Live The Legion!!!!

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "stevenjregina"
        <stevenjregina@...> wrote:

        > I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches and
        > commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to get,
        > but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books that
        > the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
        > would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis Manapul.
        >
        > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,
        > "batmiteforever" <batmiteforever@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
        > > character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your list
        > for
        > > the show to try to get a drawing?

      • James Rowe
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 24, 2008
          I was just at Gene's web site and he will not be there this year.
          Darth Stewie

          James