Re: Original art collectors?

  • uss_escort
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
      I have been getting sketches of the original Huntress where and when I
      can. I also have been buying art from the Wonder Woman back-up series
      and Infinity Inc. pages. I got a GREAT Huntress sketch from Gene
      Gonzales around two years ago. He has great line work, anyone looking
      for a great sketch should talk to Gene. Gotta agree with 'mite,
      hopefully, Jim will be doing some sketches as well, I would love to
      get a Huntress from him.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
      <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

      > Me too..I collect Batman and other Gotham characters. I know what
      > you mean about getting characters that they worked on but it's also
      > fun to get their take on a character you havent seen them do as
      > well. I would love to get a Tex Batman and Balent Catwoman. Fingers
      > crossed :)
    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
        I also get something by Gene every year. Great artist and a great
        guy. --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort"

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
          AAH STEVE, Another Legion Lover!!!! Long Live The Legion!!!!

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "stevenjregina"
          <stevenjregina@...> wrote:

          > I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches and
          > commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to get,
          > but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books that
          > the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
          > would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis Manapul.
          >
          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,
          > "batmiteforever" <batmiteforever@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
          > > character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your list
          > for
          > > the show to try to get a drawing?

        • James Rowe
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 24, 2008
            I was just at Gene's web site and he will not be there this year.
            Darth Stewie

            James