Re: Original art collectors?

  • batmiteforever
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
      Me too..I collect Batman and other Gotham characters. I know what
      you mean about getting characters that they worked on but it's also
      fun to get their take on a character you havent seen them do as
      well. I would love to get a Tex Batman and Balent Catwoman. Fingers
      crossed :)--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "stevenjregina"
      <stevenjregina@...> wrote:

      > I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches
      and
      > commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to
      get,
      > but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books
      that
      > the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
      > would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis
      Manapul.

      > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,
      > "batmiteforever" <batmiteforever@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
      > > character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your
      list
      > for
      > > the show to try to get a drawing?

    • uss_escort
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
        I have been getting sketches of the original Huntress where and when I
        can. I also have been buying art from the Wonder Woman back-up series
        and Infinity Inc. pages. I got a GREAT Huntress sketch from Gene
        Gonzales around two years ago. He has great line work, anyone looking
        for a great sketch should talk to Gene. Gotta agree with 'mite,
        hopefully, Jim will be doing some sketches as well, I would love to
        get a Huntress from him.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
        <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

        > Me too..I collect Batman and other Gotham characters. I know what
        > you mean about getting characters that they worked on but it's also
        > fun to get their take on a character you havent seen them do as
        > well. I would love to get a Tex Batman and Balent Catwoman. Fingers
        > crossed :)
      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
          I also get something by Gene every year. Great artist and a great
          guy. --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort"

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
            AAH STEVE, Another Legion Lover!!!! Long Live The Legion!!!!

            <stevenjregina@...> wrote:

            > I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches and
            > commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to get,
            > but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books that
            > the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
            > would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis Manapul.
            >
            > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,
            > "batmiteforever" <batmiteforever@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
            > > character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your list
            > for
            > > the show to try to get a drawing?

          • James Rowe
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 24, 2008
              I was just at Gene's web site and he will not be there this year.
              Darth Stewie

              James