Re: Original art collectors?

  • stevenjregina
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
      I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches and
      commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to get,
      but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books that
      the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
      would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis Manapul.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,
      "batmiteforever" <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
      > character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your list
      for
      > the show to try to get a drawing?

    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
        Me too..I collect Batman and other Gotham characters. I know what
        you mean about getting characters that they worked on but it's also
        fun to get their take on a character you havent seen them do as
        well. I would love to get a Tex Batman and Balent Catwoman. Fingers
        crossed :)--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "stevenjregina"
        <stevenjregina@...> wrote:

        > I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches
        and
        > commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to
        get,
        > but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books
        that
        > the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
        > would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis
        Manapul.

        > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,
        > "batmiteforever" <batmiteforever@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
        > > character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your
        list
        > for
        > > the show to try to get a drawing?

      • uss_escort
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
          I have been getting sketches of the original Huntress where and when I
          can. I also have been buying art from the Wonder Woman back-up series
          and Infinity Inc. pages. I got a GREAT Huntress sketch from Gene
          Gonzales around two years ago. He has great line work, anyone looking
          for a great sketch should talk to Gene. Gotta agree with 'mite,
          hopefully, Jim will be doing some sketches as well, I would love to
          get a Huntress from him.

          <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

          > Me too..I collect Batman and other Gotham characters. I know what
          > you mean about getting characters that they worked on but it's also
          > fun to get their take on a character you havent seen them do as
          > well. I would love to get a Tex Batman and Balent Catwoman. Fingers
          > crossed :)
        • batmiteforever
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
            I also get something by Gene every year. Great artist and a great
            guy. --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort"

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
              AAH STEVE, Another Legion Lover!!!! Long Live The Legion!!!!

              <stevenjregina@...> wrote:

              > I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches and
              > commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to get,
              > but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books that
              > the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
              > would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis Manapul.
              >
              > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,
              > "batmiteforever" <batmiteforever@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
              > > character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your list
              > for
              > > the show to try to get a drawing?

            • James Rowe
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 24, 2008
                I was just at Gene's web site and he will not be there this year.
                Darth Stewie

                James