Re: Last 2008 Update!

  • uss_escort
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 23 7:18 AM
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
      <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

      > The Bozo calls himself Detroit Mike...a little birdie told me. I'm
      > sure he's busy with boycotting and book burnings all the other
      > injustices in the world and this is not some personal vendetta he's
      > waging. Yeah right....I hope the attendance is HUGE this year for the
      > show and I thank every artist and guest that comes.
      >
      > http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?
      >
      > ubb=showflat&Number=1827584&page=0&nt=17&fpart=17

      Oh yeah. This is the guy that testified that he was a close personal
      friend of the family. When in fact, he gave Barbara the creeps and
      she did not like him. Ask her real friends, Kaplan obviously did not.
      Also, this freak 'researched' Mike and Barbara's youngest daughter
      via her MySpace page, because she looked so much like her mother.
      Actually, he sounds pretty creepy to me. Yep, this guy has some high
      ground to walk on. I am not one to usually jag someone on a board,
      but this guy is affecting all of us, for no reason. He is affecting
      fan, dealer, and guest alike and he needs to be exposed for what he
      is, someone that needs the spotlight and doesn't care who he hurts.
      In fact, the more he hurts, the more it drives him, as it creates more
      notoriety.
    • Chris Underwood
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 23 8:25 AM
        so Ethan is really not going to come?

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 23 2:07 PM
          That is what he told a friend of mine

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 23 5:16 PM
            It's a shame so many big names had to cancel.
            At least it cuts down on number of comics I have to carry around for autographs.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 23 6:12 PM
              Its a shame that this douche has gone out of his way to do what he did, spreading rumors etc, bottom line for me is this, pittsburgh did not kill Mr. Georges wife, and pittsburgh shouldnt have to pay the price. I know that wont be popular here, I dont know what happen, none of us do, but its a shame narrow minded assholes have to try to screw up something good.

              On 4/23/08, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ yahoo.com> wrote:

              That is what he told a friend of mine

              > The Bozo calls himself Detroit Mike...a little birdie told me. I'm
              > sure he's busy with boycotting and book burnings all the other
              > injustices in the world and this is not some personal vendetta he's
              > waging. Yeah right....I hope the attendance is HUGE this year for the
              > show and I thank every artist and guest that comes.
              >
              > http://boards. collectors- society.com/ ubbthreads. php?
              >
              > ubb=showflat&Number=1827584&page=0&nt=17&fpart=17

              Oh yeah. This is the guy that testified that he was a close personal
              friend of the family. When in fact, he gave Barbara the creeps and
              she did not like him. Ask her real friends, Kaplan obviously did not.
              Also, this freak 'researched' Mike and Barbara's youngest daughter
              via her MySpace page, because she looked so much like her mother.
              Actually, he sounds pretty creepy to me. Yep, this guy has some high
              ground to walk on. I am not one to usually jag someone on a board,
              but this guy is affecting all of us, for no reason. He is affecting
              fan, dealer, and guest alike and he needs to be exposed for what he
              is, someone that needs the spotlight and doesn't care who he hurts.
              In fact, the more he hurts, the more it drives him, as it creates more
              notoriety.

            • batmiteforever
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 23 7:12 PM
                I don't think the show will be hurt, sure a couple people canceled.
                Some for real work load or family issues and some probably due to the
                one man email campain. But look at the site there are not many on the
                cancellation page and the con added a couple big names last minute.
                The important thing is that WE show up, I'm more worried about the
                price
                of gas keeping people away than some chimp emailing and blogging.I
                wish everyone a great show and Happy Collecting! (No more doom and
                gloom I got my 3 day pass and it's party time!) -
                -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:

                > Its a shame that this douche has gone out of his way to do what he
                did, spreading rumors etc, bottom line for me is this, pittsburgh did
                not kill Mr. Georges wife, and pittsburgh shouldnt have to pay the
                price. I know that wont be popular here, I dont know what happen,
                none of us do, but its a shame narrow minded assholes have to try to
                screw up something good.

                Try it now.

                ______________
                > Be a better friend, newshound, and

              • sillysully7
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 24 7:35 AM
                  I did talk to Amanda Conner and she's just too busy, but she wants to
                  come next year.

                  Van Sciver is the only one who flat out said "That guy killed his wife,
                  I'm not going"

                  The con being a week after NYCC didn't help, but they moved NYCC, the
                  Pittsburgh con is when it always is. We just have to get through this
                  year, so remember, bring friends! We need a lot of people there this
                  weekend!