Original art collectors?

  • batmiteforever
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22, 2008
      I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
      character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your list for
      the show to try to get a drawing?
    • stevenjregina
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
        I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches and
        commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to get,
        but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books that
        the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
        would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis Manapul.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
          Me too..I collect Batman and other Gotham characters. I know what
          you mean about getting characters that they worked on but it's also
          fun to get their take on a character you havent seen them do as
          well. I would love to get a Tex Batman and Balent Catwoman. Fingers
          crossed :)--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "stevenjregina"
          <stevenjregina@...> wrote:

          > I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches
          and
          > commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to
          get,
          > but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books
          that
          > the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
          > would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis
          Manapul.

          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,
          > "batmiteforever" <batmiteforever@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
          > > character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your
          list
          > for
          > > the show to try to get a drawing?

        • uss_escort
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
            I have been getting sketches of the original Huntress where and when I
            can. I also have been buying art from the Wonder Woman back-up series
            and Infinity Inc. pages. I got a GREAT Huntress sketch from Gene
            Gonzales around two years ago. He has great line work, anyone looking
            for a great sketch should talk to Gene. Gotta agree with 'mite,
            hopefully, Jim will be doing some sketches as well, I would love to
            get a Huntress from him.

            <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

            > Me too..I collect Batman and other Gotham characters. I know what
            > you mean about getting characters that they worked on but it's also
            > fun to get their take on a character you havent seen them do as
            > well. I would love to get a Tex Batman and Balent Catwoman. Fingers
            > crossed :)
          • batmiteforever
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
              I also get something by Gene every year. Great artist and a great
              guy. --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "uss_escort"

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
                AAH STEVE, Another Legion Lover!!!! Long Live The Legion!!!!

                <stevenjregina@...> wrote:

                > I collect some original art, but I really like getting sketches and
                > commissions at cons. I have favorite characters that I like to get,
                > but more often, I like to get sketches of characters from books that
                > the artist has worked on. I'm really pumped about the Legion, so I
                > would really like to get one of the Legionnaires from Francis Manapul.
                >
                > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com,
                > "batmiteforever" <batmiteforever@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I was wondering if anyone else here collects original art? Any
                > > character or what ever catches your eye? Lastly who's on your list
                > for
                > > the show to try to get a drawing?

              • James Rowe
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 24, 2008
                  I was just at Gene's web site and he will not be there this year.
                  Darth Stewie

                  James