Costume Contest Stuff

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22, 2008
      Hey Guys,

      Awhile back I commented in passing that we had made some changes to
      the Costume Contest this year, and I never got back around to
      explaining some of the changes. I know we have costumers on the board
      and I wanted to give a brief run down of what we have going on.

      First Alienated Productions (Scott Crawford & Crew) will still be the
      moderators and judges but we have added some new judges, including
      fellow fan board member Steven Regina of Joy's Japanimation. Steve
      will be helping with the judging and pronounciation of the Anime/Manga
      contestants.

      We will still be awarding overall winner and runner up prizes in our
      three age catagories. (12-under, 13-17, and adult)

      In addition to the winners in each age bracket, we have also created
      several specialty catagories, including:

      Best Anime/Manga Costume
      Best Star Wars Costume
      Best TV/Movie Costume
      Best Group

      Prizes will be awarded so that we don't have any double winners. All
      eligible participants will be considered for ALL prize categories they
      qualify for, BUT each individual is only eligible to win ONE
      prize...which will be determined by the judges.

      There will also be a special catagory sponsored by the Alienated
      Productions Crew, BEST BRIBE. The A.P. crew will be all dressed as
      villains for the 2008 show and keeping with that theme, they want
      contestants to know, their vote for Best Bribe can be bought. (insert
      maniacal laughter here.)

      We were trying to get plaques for 2008 but it fell through at the last
      minute. We do have new prize certificates for the catagories as well
      as the "Comicon Cash" prizes of old.

      I know we still won't be perfect but I wanted you to know that we have
      listened to your suggestions and are doing what we can to make the
      costume contest as fun filled for everyone as we can.

      For those interested in more info about the costume contest, you can
      attend the Alienated Productions Costuming Q & A on Saturday at noon
      where they will answer any questions you have about Sunday's costume
      contest.

      Thanks to all our costumers. A comic convention without people in
      costume is like peanut butter without jelly. We appreciate your
      participation and I look forward to seeing all the fab costumes for 2008.

      Patrick
    • sillysully7
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24, 2008

        > Thanks to all our costumers. A comic convention without people in
        > costume is like peanut butter without jelly.>

        I like peanut butter.

        Did you remember the "best performance" or "best bit" ??? Funny counts,
        remember!

        Also, if you could tell whoever the host is to keep it clean, we got
        children in the audience.
      • Will Crites
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 24, 2008
          I second that, my daughter will be with me.

          Will

          Also, if you could tell whoever the host is to keep it clean, we got
          children in the audience.

        • Maya
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 24, 2008
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>