Last 2008 Update!

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 22, 2008
      Alright, if everything works as planned I just sent my last 2008
      update over to the website. Most of the staff will be headed to
      Pittsburgh tomorrow. I'll be leaving for the show Early Friday
      Morning. (someone has to stay behind, to handle last minute stuff
      around here) but the following is the latest info that is about to go
      out about the show. Can't wait to see you all, Patrick

      ------------------------------------

      OK Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls

      This is it! Just Days until the show! We're Pumped and Ready and we
      hope you are too.

      I'm calling this my last update, but with the way things happen around
      here who knows. (please God, let this be my last update)

      Anyway we do have some new stuff to report that you all may be
      interested in, so without further ado,

      * For both comic and Star Wars fans, we're excited to add last minute
      guests, Artist David Michael Beck, known for his extensive Star Wars
      work, David's art has also recently appeared in DC's Jonah Hex comic.

      * We just added a new auction piece by Erica Hesse. Unfortunately,
      Erica has recently broken her ankle and won't be able to make it to
      the show, but she has generously sent us a BEAUTIFUL Batgirl piece for
      the Auction. (just a personal note here, if you've never come to the
      Auction on Saturday Night, I highly encourage it. It is a ton of fun,
      and we will have so much art and product that you just never know what
      you might find and I think you'll be surprised at the prices you can
      get things for. Plus let's not forget that ALL of the proceeds go to
      the Make-A-Wish Foundation, please join us for this tradition of
      giving!!!!)

      * Long-time friend of the show, Todd of New Dimension Comics has
      scored 200 tickets to an Advanced Screening of Iron Man the Movie at
      the Waterfront on April 29th. Todd will be raffling off the tickets
      at his booth (E161-E162). Be the first in The Burgh to See Iron Man.
      Stop by the New Dimension Booth at the show.

      For a full list of everything and everyone from this year's show go
      to: www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      Ok that is all I have to report. Just in case this is my last update
      before the show, let me say "THANK YOU", your passion and love for the
      Comicon is what keeps us going. Your word of mouth and your online
      postings bring in more attendees than all of our advertising combined.
      We couldn't do it without you, thanks for being part of our family
      for the last 15 years.

      That being said, if anything else comes up, I'll be in touch; if not
      we'll talk again after the show;

      GET PUMPED, STAY PUMPED AND I'LL SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND,

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon
      April 25, 26, 27, 2008
      Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
      www.pittsburghcomicon.com
      pcomicon@...
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963
      814-467-4116
      814-467-4416
    • sillysully7
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 22, 2008
        I am excited.

        That being said, I'd like to personally call out the person who wrote
        to the guests to get them to boycott the con. I met Ethan Van Sciver
        in NYCC last weekend and he is stupidly choosing not to come to
        Pittsburgh now, I argued with him but no such luck.

        Keep being pumped! We'll have fun and get through this.
      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 22, 2008
          The Bozo calls himself Detroit Mike...a little birdie told me. I'm
          sure he's busy with boycotting and book burnings all the other
          injustices in the world and this is not some personal vendetta he's
          waging. Yeah right....I hope the attendance is HUGE this year for the
          show and I thank every artist and guest that comes.

          http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?

          ubb=showflat&Number=1827584&page=0&nt=17&fpart=17
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "sillysully7" <sillysully7@...>
          wrote:

          > I am excited.
          >
          > That being said, I'd like to personally call out the person who
          wrote
          > to the guests to get them to boycott the con. I met Ethan Van Sciver
          > in NYCC last weekend and he is stupidly choosing not to come to
          > Pittsburgh now, I argued with him but no such luck.
          >

          > Keep being pumped! We'll have fun and get through this.

        • uss_escort
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 23, 2008
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
            <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

            > The Bozo calls himself Detroit Mike...a little birdie told me. I'm
            > sure he's busy with boycotting and book burnings all the other
            > injustices in the world and this is not some personal vendetta he's
            > waging. Yeah right....I hope the attendance is HUGE this year for the
            > show and I thank every artist and guest that comes.
            >
            > http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?
            >
            > ubb=showflat&Number=1827584&page=0&nt=17&fpart=17

            Oh yeah. This is the guy that testified that he was a close personal
            friend of the family. When in fact, he gave Barbara the creeps and
            she did not like him. Ask her real friends, Kaplan obviously did not.
            Also, this freak 'researched' Mike and Barbara's youngest daughter
            via her MySpace page, because she looked so much like her mother.
            Actually, he sounds pretty creepy to me. Yep, this guy has some high
            ground to walk on. I am not one to usually jag someone on a board,
            but this guy is affecting all of us, for no reason. He is affecting
            fan, dealer, and guest alike and he needs to be exposed for what he
            is, someone that needs the spotlight and doesn't care who he hurts.
            In fact, the more he hurts, the more it drives him, as it creates more
            notoriety.
          • Chris Underwood
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 23, 2008
              so Ethan is really not going to come?

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 23, 2008
                That is what he told a friend of mine

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 23, 2008
                  It's a shame so many big names had to cancel.
                  At least it cuts down on number of comics I have to carry around for autographs.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 23, 2008
                    Its a shame that this douche has gone out of his way to do what he did, spreading rumors etc, bottom line for me is this, pittsburgh did not kill Mr. Georges wife, and pittsburgh shouldnt have to pay the price. I know that wont be popular here, I dont know what happen, none of us do, but its a shame narrow minded assholes have to try to screw up something good.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 23, 2008
                      I don't think the show will be hurt, sure a couple people canceled.
                      Some for real work load or family issues and some probably due to the
                      one man email campain. But look at the site there are not many on the
                      cancellation page and the con added a couple big names last minute.
                      The important thing is that WE show up, I'm more worried about the
                      price
                      of gas keeping people away than some chimp emailing and blogging.I
                      wish everyone a great show and Happy Collecting! (No more doom and
                      gloom I got my 3 day pass and it's party time!) -
                      -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:

                      > Its a shame that this douche has gone out of his way to do what he
                      did, spreading rumors etc, bottom line for me is this, pittsburgh did
                      not kill Mr. Georges wife, and pittsburgh shouldnt have to pay the
                      price. I know that wont be popular here, I dont know what happen,
                      none of us do, but its a shame narrow minded assholes have to try to
                      screw up something good.

                      Try it now.

                      ______________
                      > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                    • sillysully7
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 24, 2008
                        I did talk to Amanda Conner and she's just too busy, but she wants to
                        come next year.

                        Van Sciver is the only one who flat out said "That guy killed his wife,
                        I'm not going"

                        The con being a week after NYCC didn't help, but they moved NYCC, the
                        Pittsburgh con is when it always is. We just have to get through this
                        year, so remember, bring friends! We need a lot of people there this
                        weekend!