Re: [pittscomicon] Where do you buy your comics?

  • Will Crites
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 18 11:27 AM
      LaVale, MD

      Will

      Chris Underwood wrote :

      I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 18 12:51 PM
        Hey Will,

        Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
        not local enough?)

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>
        wrote:

        > LaVale, MD
        >
        > Will
        >
        > Chris Underwood wrote :
        >
        > I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?

      • mrspaceg
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 18 2:39 PM
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

          > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

          BTW, I haven't heard anything in a while. How is Mike doing?
        • Will Crites
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 18 3:46 PM
            Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
            or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
            Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
            closed it.

            Will

            Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
            not local enough?)
          • G.W.
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 23 1:33 PM
              I'm closer to central PA, I go to the Comic Swap in State College to
              get my books. It's like a 35 minute trip for me now with the new 99
              extension.

              On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Will Crites
              <megacitytours@...> wrote:

              > Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
              > or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
              > Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
              > closed it.
              >
              > Will

            • maharashka
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 23 1:38 PM
                I'm also a Comic Swap patron (since '82)