Re: [pittscomicon] Where do you buy your comics?

  • Chris Underwood
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
      comic shop locator link:
      On 4/16/08, Andrew Harmon <aharmon@...> wrote:

      Just throwing out a question that perhaps was asked before but....what distributor do you use/go through to buy your comics. Are you a local store shopper only? Blah, blah, blah.

      Andrew

    • Will Crites
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
        LaVale, MD

        Will

        Chris Underwood wrote :

        I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
          Hey Will,

          Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
          not local enough?)

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>
          wrote:

          > LaVale, MD
          >
          > Will
          >
          > Chris Underwood wrote :
          >
          > I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?

        • mrspaceg
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

            > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

            BTW, I haven't heard anything in a while. How is Mike doing?
          • Will Crites
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
              Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
              or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
              Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
              closed it.

              Will

              Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
              not local enough?)
            • G.W.
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                I'm closer to central PA, I go to the Comic Swap in State College to
                get my books. It's like a 35 minute trip for me now with the new 99
                extension.

                On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Will Crites
                <megacitytours@...> wrote:

                > Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                > or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                > Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                > closed it.
                >
                > Will

              • maharashka
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                  I'm also a Comic Swap patron (since '82)