Re: [pittscomicon] Where do you buy your comics?

  • Andrew Harmon
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
      Sorry for my ignorance Will, what's PCC?

      Andrew

      On Fri Apr 18 12:51 , 'Will Crites' sent:

      Lets see, back issues at the PCC and ebay. But for the current stuff there is no local comic shop anymore.

      Will

    • Will Crites
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
        No problem Andrew, its Pittsburgh ComiCon.

        Will

          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
            I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?

            On 4/18/08, Will Crites <megacitytours@...> wrote:

            Lets see, back issues at the PCC and ebay. But for the current stuff there is no local comic shop anymore.

            Will

            Andrew Harmon wrote :

            Just throwing out a question that perhaps was asked before but....what distributor do you use/go through to buy your comics. Are you a local store shopper only? Blah, blah, blah.

          • Chris Underwood
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
              comic shop locator link:

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                LaVale, MD

                Will

                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                  Hey Will,

                  Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                  not local enough?)

                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>
                  wrote:

                  > LaVale, MD
                  >
                  > Will
                  >
                  > Chris Underwood wrote :
                  >
                  > I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?

                • mrspaceg
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

                    > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

                    BTW, I haven't heard anything in a while. How is Mike doing?
                  • Will Crites
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                      Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                      or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                      Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                      closed it.

                      Will

                      Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                      not local enough?)
                    • G.W.
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                        I'm closer to central PA, I go to the Comic Swap in State College to
                        get my books. It's like a 35 minute trip for me now with the new 99
                        extension.

                        On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Will Crites
                        <megacitytours@...> wrote:

                        > Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                        > or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                        > Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                        > closed it.
                        >
                        > Will

                      • maharashka
                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                          I'm also a Comic Swap patron (since '82)