Re: [pittscomicon] Where do you buy your comics?

  • Will Crites
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 18 9:51 AM
      Lets see, back issues at the PCC and ebay. But for the current stuff there is no local comic shop anymore.

      Will

      Andrew Harmon wrote :

      Just throwing out a question that perhaps was asked before but....what distributor do you use/go through to buy your comics. Are you a local store shopper only? Blah, blah, blah.

    • Andrew Harmon
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 18 10:01 AM
        Sorry for my ignorance Will, what's PCC?

        Andrew

        On Fri Apr 18 12:51 , 'Will Crites' sent:

        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 18 10:29 AM
          No problem Andrew, its Pittsburgh ComiCon.

          Will

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 18 11:20 AM
                comic shop locator link:

                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 18 11:27 AM
                  LaVale, MD

                  Will

                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 18 12:51 PM
                    Hey Will,

                    Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                    not local enough?)

                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>
                    wrote:

                    > LaVale, MD
                    >
                    > Will
                    >
                    > Chris Underwood wrote :
                    >
                    > I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?

                  • mrspaceg
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 18 2:39 PM
                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

                      > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

                      BTW, I haven't heard anything in a while. How is Mike doing?
                    • Will Crites
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 18 3:46 PM
                        Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                        or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                        Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                        closed it.

                        Will

                        Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                        not local enough?)
                      • G.W.
                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 23 1:33 PM
                          I'm closer to central PA, I go to the Comic Swap in State College to
                          get my books. It's like a 35 minute trip for me now with the new 99
                          extension.

                          On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Will Crites
                          <megacitytours@...> wrote:

                          > Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                          > or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                          > Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                          > closed it.
                          >
                          > Will

                        • maharashka
                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 23 1:38 PM
                            I'm also a Comic Swap patron (since '82)