Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Where do you buy your comics?

  • Chris Underwood
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
      Yeah, I love Phantom.
      Roy, the owner, is a super great guy.

      On 4/18/08, Maya <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:

      I go to Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville, PA most of the time to buy
      my comic books. But when I'm not in monroeville; I check out my comics
      at a local store that sell magizine called Penn Hills News.

    • mangoman42
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
        Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.
      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
          Comics world. Although I live in Pittsburgh, I want to support them at
          this time.--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42"
          <sheets42@...> wrote:

          > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

        • Will Crites
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
            Lets see, back issues at the PCC and ebay. But for the current stuff there is no local comic shop anymore.

            Will

            Andrew Harmon wrote :

            Just throwing out a question that perhaps was asked before but....what distributor do you use/go through to buy your comics. Are you a local store shopper only? Blah, blah, blah.

          • Andrew Harmon
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
              Sorry for my ignorance Will, what's PCC?

              Andrew

              On Fri Apr 18 12:51 , 'Will Crites' sent:

              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                No problem Andrew, its Pittsburgh ComiCon.

                Will

                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                      comic shop locator link:

                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                        LaVale, MD

                        Will

                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                          Hey Will,

                          Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                          not local enough?)

                          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>
                          wrote:

                          > LaVale, MD
                          >
                          > Will
                          >
                          > Chris Underwood wrote :
                          >
                          > I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?

                        • mrspaceg
                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

                            > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

                            BTW, I haven't heard anything in a while. How is Mike doing?
                          • Will Crites
                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                              Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                              or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                              Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                              closed it.

                              Will

                              Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                              not local enough?)
                            • G.W.
                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                                I'm closer to central PA, I go to the Comic Swap in State College to
                                get my books. It's like a 35 minute trip for me now with the new 99
                                extension.

                                On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Will Crites
                                <megacitytours@...> wrote:

                                > Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                                > or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                                > Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                                > closed it.
                                >
                                > Will

                              • maharashka
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                                  I'm also a Comic Swap patron (since '82)