Re: Where do you buy your comics?

  • Maya
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
      I go to Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville, PA most of the time to buy
      my comic books. But when I'm not in monroeville; I check out my comics
      at a local store that sell magizine called Penn Hills News.
    • Chris Underwood
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
        Yeah, I love Phantom.
        Roy, the owner, is a super great guy.

        On 4/18/08, Maya <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:

        I go to Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville, PA most of the time to buy
        my comic books. But when I'm not in monroeville; I check out my comics
        at a local store that sell magizine called Penn Hills News.

      • mangoman42
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
          Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.
        • batmiteforever
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
            Comics world. Although I live in Pittsburgh, I want to support them at
            this time.--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42"
            <sheets42@...> wrote:

            > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

          • Will Crites
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
              Lets see, back issues at the PCC and ebay. But for the current stuff there is no local comic shop anymore.

              Will

              Andrew Harmon wrote :

              Just throwing out a question that perhaps was asked before but....what distributor do you use/go through to buy your comics. Are you a local store shopper only? Blah, blah, blah.

            • Andrew Harmon
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                Sorry for my ignorance Will, what's PCC?

                Andrew

                On Fri Apr 18 12:51 , 'Will Crites' sent:

                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                  No problem Andrew, its Pittsburgh ComiCon.

                  Will

                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                        comic shop locator link:

                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                          LaVale, MD

                          Will

                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                            Hey Will,

                            Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                            not local enough?)

                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>
                            wrote:

                            > LaVale, MD
                            >
                            > Will
                            >
                            > Chris Underwood wrote :
                            >
                            > I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?

                          • mrspaceg
                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

                              > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

                              BTW, I haven't heard anything in a while. How is Mike doing?
                            • Will Crites
                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                                Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                                or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                                Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                                closed it.

                                Will

                                Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                                not local enough?)
                              • G.W.
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                                  I'm closer to central PA, I go to the Comic Swap in State College to
                                  get my books. It's like a 35 minute trip for me now with the new 99
                                  extension.

                                  On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Will Crites
                                  <megacitytours@...> wrote:

                                  > Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                                  > or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                                  > Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                                  > closed it.
                                  >
                                  > Will

                                • maharashka
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                                    I'm also a Comic Swap patron (since '82)