Re: Where do you buy your comics?

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 16, 2008
      Comics World, as it's the only decent comic book store in Johnstown
      (Tri-angle Collectables or Comic Book, Ink, whatever the hell it's
      called now, is flaky at best.)
    • Maya
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
        I go to Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville, PA most of the time to buy
        my comic books. But when I'm not in monroeville; I check out my comics
        at a local store that sell magizine called Penn Hills News.
      • Chris Underwood
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
          Yeah, I love Phantom.
          Roy, the owner, is a super great guy.

          On 4/18/08, Maya <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:

          I go to Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville, PA most of the time to buy
          my comic books. But when I'm not in monroeville; I check out my comics
          at a local store that sell magizine called Penn Hills News.

        • mangoman42
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
            Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.
          • batmiteforever
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
              Comics world. Although I live in Pittsburgh, I want to support them at
              this time.--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42"
              <sheets42@...> wrote:

              > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

            • Will Crites
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                Lets see, back issues at the PCC and ebay. But for the current stuff there is no local comic shop anymore.

                Will

                Andrew Harmon wrote :

                Just throwing out a question that perhaps was asked before but....what distributor do you use/go through to buy your comics. Are you a local store shopper only? Blah, blah, blah.

              • Andrew Harmon
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                  Sorry for my ignorance Will, what's PCC?

                  Andrew

                  On Fri Apr 18 12:51 , 'Will Crites' sent:

                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                    No problem Andrew, its Pittsburgh ComiCon.

                    Will

                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                          comic shop locator link:

                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                            LaVale, MD

                            Will

                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                              Hey Will,

                              Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                              not local enough?)

                              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>
                              wrote:

                              > LaVale, MD
                              >
                              > Will
                              >
                              > Chris Underwood wrote :
                              >
                              > I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?

                            • mrspaceg
                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

                                > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

                                BTW, I haven't heard anything in a while. How is Mike doing?
                              • Will Crites
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 18, 2008
                                  Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                                  or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                                  Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                                  closed it.

                                  Will

                                  Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                                  not local enough?)
                                • G.W.
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                                    I'm closer to central PA, I go to the Comic Swap in State College to
                                    get my books. It's like a 35 minute trip for me now with the new 99
                                    extension.

                                    On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Will Crites
                                    <megacitytours@...> wrote:

                                    > Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                                    > or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                                    > Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                                    > closed it.
                                    >
                                    > Will

                                  • maharashka
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 23, 2008
                                      I'm also a Comic Swap patron (since '82)