Where do you buy your comics?

  • Andrew Harmon
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 16 7:43 AM
      Just throwing out a question that perhaps was asked before but....what distributor do you use/go through to buy your comics. Are you a local store shopper only? Blah, blah, blah.

      Andrew

    • Chris Underwood
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 16 8:14 AM
        I either go to Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville, PA or xworldcomics.com

        On 4/16/08, Andrew Harmon <aharmon@...> wrote:

        Just throwing out a question that perhaps was asked before but....what distributor do you use/go through to buy your comics. Are you a local store shopper only? Blah, blah, blah.

        Andrew

      • axxinjaxxin
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 16 2:55 PM
          Comics World, as it's the only decent comic book store in Johnstown
          (Tri-angle Collectables or Comic Book, Ink, whatever the hell it's
          called now, is flaky at best.)
        • Maya
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 18 6:39 AM
            I go to Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville, PA most of the time to buy
            my comic books. But when I'm not in monroeville; I check out my comics
            at a local store that sell magizine called Penn Hills News.
          • Chris Underwood
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 18 7:00 AM
              Yeah, I love Phantom.
              Roy, the owner, is a super great guy.

              On 4/18/08, Maya <catwomanmtb@...> wrote:

              I go to Phantom of the Attic in Monroeville, PA most of the time to buy
              my comic books. But when I'm not in monroeville; I check out my comics
              at a local store that sell magizine called Penn Hills News.

            • mangoman42
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 18 7:26 AM
                Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.
              • batmiteforever
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 18 9:28 AM
                  Comics world. Although I live in Pittsburgh, I want to support them at
                  this time.--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42"
                  <sheets42@...> wrote:

                  > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

                • Will Crites
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 18 9:51 AM
                    Lets see, back issues at the PCC and ebay. But for the current stuff there is no local comic shop anymore.

                    Will

                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 18 10:01 AM
                      Sorry for my ignorance Will, what's PCC?

                      Andrew

                      On Fri Apr 18 12:51 , 'Will Crites' sent:

                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 18 10:29 AM
                        No problem Andrew, its Pittsburgh ComiCon.

                        Will

                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 18 11:27 AM
                                LaVale, MD

                                Will

                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 18 12:51 PM
                                  Hey Will,

                                  Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                                  not local enough?)

                                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites" <megacitytours@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > LaVale, MD
                                  >
                                  > Will
                                  >
                                  > Chris Underwood wrote :
                                  >
                                  > I'm sorry, but there is no local comic shop where?

                                • mrspaceg
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Apr 18 2:39 PM
                                    --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "mangoman42" <sheets42@...> wrote:

                                    > Comics World in Windber. Mike and Renee all the way.

                                    BTW, I haven't heard anything in a while. How is Mike doing?
                                  • Will Crites
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 18 3:46 PM
                                      Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                                      or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                                      Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                                      closed it.

                                      Will

                                      Isn't there a comic book store up the road in Frostburg. (or is that
                                      not local enough?)
                                    • G.W.
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Apr 23 1:33 PM
                                        I'm closer to central PA, I go to the Comic Swap in State College to
                                        get my books. It's like a 35 minute trip for me now with the new 99
                                        extension.

                                        On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 6:46 PM, Will Crites
                                        <megacitytours@...> wrote:

                                        > Oh Frostburgh is just a few minute drive from my house. But it closed a year
                                        > or two ago. The way it was explained the owner, who has another store in
                                        > Laurel, MD (I think). They had lost interest in the store up this way and
                                        > closed it.
                                        >
                                        > Will

                                      • maharashka
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Apr 23 1:38 PM
                                          I'm also a Comic Swap patron (since '82)