Re: 2005 con

  • Kerry
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2005
      I don't know..... I finally made it Sunday, maybe that's the reason,
      but I was let down majorly.
      Ernie Hudson was a class act all the way!
      I bought a polariod and it was kind of messed up, so he gave me a
      signed 8X10 of my choice, and I got a pic with my camera.
      Great Guy.

      Claire was super also.
      Some actual 8X10's would have been nice, since she was charging for
      them, but she also was a class act, and talked to me for a little
      while.

      Felt bad for Margot Kidder.... didn't see many people around her, but
      seemed pretty nice. Heard her on the phone saying it was a very nice
      convention, and the people were great, but a small crowd.

      Dawn of the Dead people looked bored out of their mind. LOL

      Got a great print from Thomas Fleming, and was cool he's remembered me
      through the years.

      I guess people were packing up early because of the snow, but just
      didn't look like much there this year, but then I'm usually there on
      Saturdays.

      Not worth the $17.00 admission anyways.

      Well, guess there is always next year.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz"
      <dugger_rockz@y...> wrote:

      > i dont know about the rest of you, but i had a kick ass time at the
      > con. i got a shitload of books and dvd's. had lunch with the the guy
      > that runs the con and next year looks to be interesting.
    • Kirisawa Fuko
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24, 2005
        I had a really good time this year. Got a good bit of stuff I wanted.
        The costume contest had a lot of good costumes, even though I'm not a
        fan of how it's run. Best part for me was meeting Jason Carter since I
        loved his character from Babylon 5. He was a really cool nice guy too.
        It's always great to meet celebrities that you're a fan of and
        discover they're nice people too. Thanks to the people running the con
        for a great time! Looking forward to next year!
      • Ryan
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24, 2005
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Kirisawa Fuko" <fuko_chan@y...>
          wrote:

          > I had a really good time this year. Got a good bit of stuff I
          wanted.
          > The costume contest had a lot of good costumes, even though I'm not
          > fan of how it's run.

          Yeah, I went as Shaun of Shaun of the Dead and I think it would've
          been nice had the judges actually SEEN the movie it was from. <sigh>
          Overall, though...the con ROCKED. Granted, it was my first one, but I
          did go all three days.
        • ftthwtcm
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 25, 2005
            i had a great time at the con..i got to meet tom savini who actually
            did make-up on me..tha was really cool..the celeberties were charging
            alot but i guess that comes with being famous..pepe