2005 con

  • dugger_rockz
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24 8:18 AM
      i dont know about the rest of you, but i had a kick ass time at the
      con. i got a shitload of books and dvd's. had lunch with the the guy
      that runs the con and next year looks to be interesting.
    • Kerry
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24 11:25 AM
        I don't know..... I finally made it Sunday, maybe that's the reason,
        but I was let down majorly.
        Ernie Hudson was a class act all the way!
        I bought a polariod and it was kind of messed up, so he gave me a
        signed 8X10 of my choice, and I got a pic with my camera.
        Great Guy.

        Claire was super also.
        Some actual 8X10's would have been nice, since she was charging for
        them, but she also was a class act, and talked to me for a little
        while.

        Felt bad for Margot Kidder.... didn't see many people around her, but
        seemed pretty nice. Heard her on the phone saying it was a very nice
        convention, and the people were great, but a small crowd.

        Dawn of the Dead people looked bored out of their mind. LOL

        Got a great print from Thomas Fleming, and was cool he's remembered me
        through the years.

        I guess people were packing up early because of the snow, but just
        didn't look like much there this year, but then I'm usually there on
        Saturdays.

        Not worth the $17.00 admission anyways.

        Well, guess there is always next year.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "dugger_rockz"
        <dugger_rockz@y...> wrote:

        > i dont know about the rest of you, but i had a kick ass time at the
        > con. i got a shitload of books and dvd's. had lunch with the the guy
        > that runs the con and next year looks to be interesting.
      • Kirisawa Fuko
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24 6:36 PM
          I had a really good time this year. Got a good bit of stuff I wanted.
          The costume contest had a lot of good costumes, even though I'm not a
          fan of how it's run. Best part for me was meeting Jason Carter since I
          loved his character from Babylon 5. He was a really cool nice guy too.
          It's always great to meet celebrities that you're a fan of and
          discover they're nice people too. Thanks to the people running the con
          for a great time! Looking forward to next year!
        • Ryan
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24 8:54 PM
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Kirisawa Fuko" <fuko_chan@y...>
            wrote:

            > I had a really good time this year. Got a good bit of stuff I
            wanted.
            > The costume contest had a lot of good costumes, even though I'm not
            > fan of how it's run.

            Yeah, I went as Shaun of Shaun of the Dead and I think it would've
            been nice had the judges actually SEEN the movie it was from. <sigh>
            Overall, though...the con ROCKED. Granted, it was my first one, but I
            did go all three days.
          • ftthwtcm
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 25 11:26 AM
              i had a great time at the con..i got to meet tom savini who actually
              did make-up on me..tha was really cool..the celeberties were charging
              alot but i guess that comes with being famous..pepe