Re: [pittscomicon] Allow me to defend myself here

  • Will Crites
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2008
      You and I must have started to attend around the same time. Though last year
      I couldn't attend because of money matters. Then by coincidence I happen to
      live near Barton, MD.

      Will

      axxinjaxxin wrote:

      Third, I played in Mike George's poker game here in Johnstown when we had
      the game on Saturday nights at Comics World. I have no ill will towards
      anyone at the con or our game. And to those of you who think I've never been
      at Comicon, I've been attending for six years now with the exception of last
      year, because I was working in Maryland, covering a mine tragedy in Barton.
    • lothk67
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
        I don't think that anyone here thought you had any ill will toward
        Mike George. That's just for starters.

        I hope you can see how I and others came to the conclusion that we
        did regarding your post. You mentioned nothing about liking the PC,
        nothing about attending or returning ever.

        I even went so far as to read some of your other posts since you have
        been a member, prior to my making any comments about this past post
        at all. I did that so that I would not put my foot in my mouth by
        making any assumptions. But, none of your other posts said anything
        about your being a PC supporter or attendee etc. Therefore, it was
        quite reasonable to read your post as nothing but a plug to someone
        else with two complaints about PC and no mention of going back to PC.

        So, that being said. It is nice to see that you are an attendee on a
        fairly regular basis and that you are not only promoting the other
        show namely Steel City.

        At this time, I think anyone could realize the sensitivity that
        Pittsburgh Comicon supporters have, based on the circumstances this
        year and the negative campaigning other people have tried to do, like
        the letters to guests.

        I was just asking to keep within the confines of the description of
        this forum which yours did not. So, thanks for clearing that up.

        -lothk67

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
          Either way Im still going to both shows. I hope everyone can make it. We should carry signs to know who each other is.
          LOL

          wrote:

          > Since some of you have taken that I work for another con or are
          > shilling for another con, allow me to clear a few things up.
          >
          > First of all, I can't stand Tekkoshocon. They did me wrong a few
          > years back. And by stating that they're juvenile, I'm simply
          stating
          > that PC attendees might not have a good time there as the con's
          > average age of attendee is around 15-18 years old.
          >
          > Second, my comment about "shoulder to shoulder" simply stated that
          > Comicon gets a little cramped, especially on Saturday. That's not
          > necessarily a bad thing. And my going to Steel City has nothing to
          do
          > with Comicon. By my stating you get better bargains, just simply
          > means I do more shopping at Steel City than at Comicon. Myself,
          much
          > like everyone else's, wallets only go so far. And my "shoulder to
          > shoulder" comment actually stems from a comment made to me two years
          > ago when we were playing cards in the Penthouse and the Devil's Due
          > party was going on and you couldn't move in there (free alcohol
          anyone?)

          > Third, I played in Mike George's poker game here in Johnstown when
          we
          > had the game on Saturday nights at Comics World. I have no ill will
          > towards anyone at the con or our game. And to those of you who
          think
          > I've never been at Comicon, I've been attending for six years now
          with
          > the exception of last year, because I was working in Maryland,
          > covering a mine tragedy in Barton.
          >
          > I don't see any reason why we can't have three comic book/anime/toy
          > shows in Pittsburgh. I'm all for it. And those of you were reading
          > waaaaay too deeply into my past posts, I apologize if I misled
          you. I
          > have no hidden agenda.
          >
          > That being said, only one month to go to Comicon. And I hope to see
          > you all there.

        • Andrew Harmon
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
            I'm hoping to go to Steel City Con with my family. We'll be wearing Handtom and CxCx Curtain shirts that I designed which are below:

            http://www.cafepress.com/charactersink

            Andrew

            On Fri Mar 28 16:44 , DUGGER sent: