Allow me to defend myself here

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 26, 2008
      Since some of you have taken that I work for another con or are
      shilling for another con, allow me to clear a few things up.

      First of all, I can't stand Tekkoshocon. They did me wrong a few
      years back. And by stating that they're juvenile, I'm simply stating
      that PC attendees might not have a good time there as the con's
      average age of attendee is around 15-18 years old.

      Second, my comment about "shoulder to shoulder" simply stated that
      Comicon gets a little cramped, especially on Saturday. That's not
      necessarily a bad thing. And my going to Steel City has nothing to do
      with Comicon. By my stating you get better bargains, just simply
      means I do more shopping at Steel City than at Comicon. Myself, much
      like everyone else's, wallets only go so far. And my "shoulder to
      shoulder" comment actually stems from a comment made to me two years
      ago when we were playing cards in the Penthouse and the Devil's Due
      party was going on and you couldn't move in there (free alcohol anyone?)

      Third, I played in Mike George's poker game here in Johnstown when we
      had the game on Saturday nights at Comics World. I have no ill will
      towards anyone at the con or our game. And to those of you who think
      I've never been at Comicon, I've been attending for six years now with
      the exception of last year, because I was working in Maryland,
      covering a mine tragedy in Barton.

      I don't see any reason why we can't have three comic book/anime/toy
      shows in Pittsburgh. I'm all for it. And those of you were reading
      waaaaay too deeply into my past posts, I apologize if I misled you. I
      have no hidden agenda.

      That being said, only one month to go to Comicon. And I hope to see
      you all there.
    • axxinjaxxin
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 26, 2008
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@...>
        wrote:

        > Since some of you have taken that I work for another con or are
        > shilling for another con, allow me to clear a few things up.
        >
        > First of all, I can't stand Tekkoshocon. They did me wrong a few
        > years back. And by stating that they're juvenile, I'm simply stating
        > that PC attendees might not have a good time there as the con's
        > average age of attendee is around 15-18 years old.
        >
        > Second, my comment about "shoulder to shoulder" simply stated that
        > Comicon gets a little cramped, especially on Saturday. That's not
        > necessarily a bad thing. And my going to Steel City has nothing to do
        > with Comicon. By my stating you get better bargains, just simply
        > means I do more shopping at Steel City than at Comicon. Myself, much
        > like everyone else's, wallets only go so far. And my "shoulder to
        > shoulder" comment actually stems from a comment made to me two years
        > ago when we were playing cards in the Penthouse and the Devil's Due
        > party was going on and you couldn't move in there (free alcohol anyone?)
        >
        > Third, I played in Mike George's poker game here in Johnstown when we
        > had the game on Saturday nights at Comics World. I have no ill will
        > towards anyone at the con or our game. And to those of you who think
        > I've never been at Comicon, I've been attending for six years now with
        > the exception of last year, because I was working in Maryland,
        > covering a mine tragedy in Barton.
        >
        > I don't see any reason why we can't have three comic book/anime/toy
        > shows in Pittsburgh. I'm all for it. And those of you were reading
        > waaaaay too deeply into my past posts, I apologize if I misled you. I
        > have no hidden agenda.
        >
        > That being said, only one month to go to Comicon. And I hope to see
        > you all there.

        Pardon for the double post, but I think I need to add one thing. My
        post about Comicon moving to another location came from Tekkoshocon's
        website directly, about how they had to move to another location about
        demolition and reconstruction at the Radisson/ExpoMart. Tekkoshocon
        was scheduled to take place two weeks before Comicon at the Rad/Expo,
        and my thought was that if they were getting kicked out because of one
        tower of the hotel being demolished and part of the Expomart being
        torn down, chances were that they would do the same to us as we were
        after Tekko. Again, my apologies to the folks who didn't follow that
        line of thinking.
      • Will Crites
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 27, 2008
          You and I must have started to attend around the same time. Though last year
          I couldn't attend because of money matters. Then by coincidence I happen to
          live near Barton, MD.

          Will

          axxinjaxxin wrote:

          Third, I played in Mike George's poker game here in Johnstown when we had
          the game on Saturday nights at Comics World. I have no ill will towards
          anyone at the con or our game. And to those of you who think I've never been
          at Comicon, I've been attending for six years now with the exception of last
          year, because I was working in Maryland, covering a mine tragedy in Barton.
        • lothk67
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
            I don't think that anyone here thought you had any ill will toward
            Mike George. That's just for starters.

            I hope you can see how I and others came to the conclusion that we
            did regarding your post. You mentioned nothing about liking the PC,
            nothing about attending or returning ever.

            I even went so far as to read some of your other posts since you have
            been a member, prior to my making any comments about this past post
            at all. I did that so that I would not put my foot in my mouth by
            making any assumptions. But, none of your other posts said anything
            about your being a PC supporter or attendee etc. Therefore, it was
            quite reasonable to read your post as nothing but a plug to someone
            else with two complaints about PC and no mention of going back to PC.

            So, that being said. It is nice to see that you are an attendee on a
            fairly regular basis and that you are not only promoting the other
            show namely Steel City.

            At this time, I think anyone could realize the sensitivity that
            Pittsburgh Comicon supporters have, based on the circumstances this
            year and the negative campaigning other people have tried to do, like
            the letters to guests.

            I was just asking to keep within the confines of the description of
            this forum which yours did not. So, thanks for clearing that up.

            -lothk67

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
              Either way Im still going to both shows. I hope everyone can make it. We should carry signs to know who each other is.
              LOL

              wrote:

              > Since some of you have taken that I work for another con or are
              > shilling for another con, allow me to clear a few things up.
              >
              > First of all, I can't stand Tekkoshocon. They did me wrong a few
              > years back. And by stating that they're juvenile, I'm simply
              stating
              > that PC attendees might not have a good time there as the con's
              > average age of attendee is around 15-18 years old.
              >
              > Second, my comment about "shoulder to shoulder" simply stated that
              > Comicon gets a little cramped, especially on Saturday. That's not
              > necessarily a bad thing. And my going to Steel City has nothing to
              do
              > with Comicon. By my stating you get better bargains, just simply
              > means I do more shopping at Steel City than at Comicon. Myself,
              much
              > like everyone else's, wallets only go so far. And my "shoulder to
              > shoulder" comment actually stems from a comment made to me two years
              > ago when we were playing cards in the Penthouse and the Devil's Due
              > party was going on and you couldn't move in there (free alcohol
              anyone?)

              > Third, I played in Mike George's poker game here in Johnstown when
              we
              > had the game on Saturday nights at Comics World. I have no ill will
              > towards anyone at the con or our game. And to those of you who
              think
              > I've never been at Comicon, I've been attending for six years now
              with
              > the exception of last year, because I was working in Maryland,
              > covering a mine tragedy in Barton.
              >
              > I don't see any reason why we can't have three comic book/anime/toy
              > shows in Pittsburgh. I'm all for it. And those of you were reading
              > waaaaay too deeply into my past posts, I apologize if I misled
              you. I
              > have no hidden agenda.
              >
              > That being said, only one month to go to Comicon. And I hope to see
              > you all there.

            • Andrew Harmon
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 28, 2008
                I'm hoping to go to Steel City Con with my family. We'll be wearing Handtom and CxCx Curtain shirts that I designed which are below:

                http://www.cafepress.com/charactersink

                Andrew

                On Fri Mar 28 16:44 , DUGGER sent: