Re: The vultures swarming...

  • batmiteforever
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2008
      -D.J.
      Well said! I posted the Grell link on the con fan weboard because I
      kinda figured a couple idiots (or show rivals?) would email as many
      guests of the show to try and ruin it. Thank you for adressing it on
      your blog and on the Con fan website. It is a great show and I've been
      to everyone and I look foward seeing you there.

      -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "D.J. Coffman" <yirmumah@...> wrote:

      > Count me in as someone who received the "fan" email asking me to
      > cancel my appearance at the show. That's crazy! I whole heartily agree
      > with Mike Grell's statements in SUPPORT for the Pittsburgh Show and
      > Renee. Beyond that fact of how much Pittsburgh Comicon does for Make a
      > Wish and CBLDF-- the George's have always supported the local small
      > press and independent creators. Even back when I was hand stapling
      > books, they treated me as an equal and remembered who I was. Now it's
      > 15 years later and comics have been my full time gig. I love the
      > Pittsburgh Comicon, and the George family, and I'll do anything I can
      > in support to keep it going strong for years to come.
      >
      > Hoping for the best here.
      >
      > D.J. Coffman
      > http://herobynight.com

    • Shawn Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2008
        I just want to chime in with DJ here - as an Internet Radio Show,
        we're treated as second-rate (at best) by a lot of places (don't even
        get me started on how lousy the NYCC treated us this year). Renee has
        treated us not just as human beings but as actual guests of the show
        and always got back to us on any questions and was an absolute
        pleasure to deal with. Pittsburgh has been top-notch to us and we have
        nothing but love for everyone involved. Can't wait to see everyone!

        Shawn