The vultures swarming...

  • D.J. Coffman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2008
      Count me in as someone who received the "fan" email asking me to
      cancel my appearance at the show. That's crazy! I whole heartily agree
      with Mike Grell's statements in SUPPORT for the Pittsburgh Show and
      Renee. Beyond that fact of how much Pittsburgh Comicon does for Make a
      Wish and CBLDF-- the George's have always supported the local small
      press and independent creators. Even back when I was hand stapling
      books, they treated me as an equal and remembered who I was. Now it's
      15 years later and comics have been my full time gig. I love the
      Pittsburgh Comicon, and the George family, and I'll do anything I can
      in support to keep it going strong for years to come.

      Hoping for the best here.

      D.J. Coffman
      http://herobynight.com
    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2008
        -D.J.
        Well said! I posted the Grell link on the con fan weboard because I
        kinda figured a couple idiots (or show rivals?) would email as many
        guests of the show to try and ruin it. Thank you for adressing it on
        your blog and on the Con fan website. It is a great show and I've been
        to everyone and I look foward seeing you there.

        -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "D.J. Coffman" <yirmumah@...> wrote:

        > Count me in as someone who received the "fan" email asking me to
        > cancel my appearance at the show. That's crazy! I whole heartily agree
        > with Mike Grell's statements in SUPPORT for the Pittsburgh Show and
        > Renee. Beyond that fact of how much Pittsburgh Comicon does for Make a
        > Wish and CBLDF-- the George's have always supported the local small
        > press and independent creators. Even back when I was hand stapling
        > books, they treated me as an equal and remembered who I was. Now it's
        > 15 years later and comics have been my full time gig. I love the
        > Pittsburgh Comicon, and the George family, and I'll do anything I can
        > in support to keep it going strong for years to come.
        >
        > Hoping for the best here.
        >
        > D.J. Coffman
        > http://herobynight.com

      • Shawn Williams
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 26, 2008
          I just want to chime in with DJ here - as an Internet Radio Show,
          we're treated as second-rate (at best) by a lot of places (don't even
          get me started on how lousy the NYCC treated us this year). Renee has
          treated us not just as human beings but as actual guests of the show
          and always got back to us on any questions and was an absolute
          pleasure to deal with. Pittsburgh has been top-notch to us and we have
          nothing but love for everyone involved. Can't wait to see everyone!

          Shawn