Re: Pittsburgh Comicon Update

  • norvandell
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
      Ed is 100% right, guilty until PROVEN innocent.

      We need to make this con the best one yet, and I feel that with our
      support, it will be.

      Certain goers of other cons, were spreading rumors about the downfall
      of this years show by telling people that it was called off because
      of demo and construction projects, so people would go to the Pitt
      show, and now some of these same people have the nerve to use a
      personal problem of Mikes to do the same thing again, just sickens
      me. Even talking about how less crowded the other shows are, seems to
      be a vain attempt at best.

      Pitt is the type of show you can spend the entire day at, and still
      have stuff to do after, while the toy show and whatever else show
      that goes on, 2 hours at best, and you're done.

      I wouldn't put it past some of these lurkers, to work for the other
      cons in part or whole. There is no competition to Pitt, unless you
      take New York moving their show to a week before Pitt, but even then,
      its only what the 2nd or 3rd NY show, and the way things are gong
      with that show, I could see it turning into another Wizard run con
      soon.

      I've been a guest every year at Pitt since the second year, and I
      feel that no matter what happens, the Georges will get what ever
      support I can give them, because they have given me more than I could
      ever ask for.

      Tod

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr."