Re: Appeal- Judge shocked by verdic Jurors didn't follow instructions

  • stevenjregina
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
      Thanks so much for the information, Ed. I sent a letter out this
      morning. At the post office, the computer said that my letter was
      scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, so there is still a chance that
      letters sent out on Monday could arrive in time if a person is close
      enough (I'm 30 miles from Pittsburgh). There's no guarantees, but the
      more letters they get, the more it should help.

      I don't know Michael and Renee especially well, but they have always
      treated me well when I have attended the last several shows as either
      a journalist or retailer. This year, Renee asked me to help judge the
      costume contest so that there was an anime expert on the panel. I was
      flattered, and will be attending the show. I love this show and will
      do anything that I can to support it. I think everybody here knows
      how much good the show does for Make-A-Wish and CBLDF each year, and
      I think we all need to overcome the vultures and promote this show so
      that these great organizations don't suffer from the overwhelming
      biased and negative presentation of facts in the media.

      Steven Regina
      Joy's Japanimation

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard
      Jr." <artofedbeard@...> wrote:

      > friends of Mike and Renee George from the Pittsburgh ComicCon.
      >

      > The Georges' have asked us to support the recent move to have the
      > Judge Beirnat who presided over the trial "vacate the verdict" on
      > the grounds that there is NO factual evidence and everything is
      > curcumstamntial. More importantly that the Judge Beirnat himself
      was
      > shocked ( as reported ) by the verdict and instructed the Jury to
      not
      > be pursuaded by the Hearsay or circumstantial presentation by the
      > prosecution.
      >

      > The Judge Beirnat has the power to determine that this verdict was
      > reached without the jurors following his instructions. However the
      > Judge will need our support via hard copy letter. These letters are
      > to be presented in person on this Friday by Michael's defense
      > attorney.
      >

      > So feel free to use my letter below as a reference or segments to
      > copy if you so desire.
      >

      > But we need to send these letters out today or tomorrow at the
      > address below in my letter so that they arrive by Wednesday the
      26th
      > next week.
      >

      > Thanks for your support of Michael, Renee and their children, after
      > all it's the least we can do, after all they have gone through and
      > what they have done for us.
      >

      > Ed
      >

      > Judge Beirnat
      >
      > c/o Marlinga Law Group