Re: Pittsburgh Comicon Update

  • Ed Beard Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
      <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

      > If you love this show get active, the vultures are all over the
      web.
      > Thank goodness for people Like Ed, Holly,Todd and now Mike
      Grell... -
      > http://www.mikegrell.com/mikegrell/ I hope more artists and fans
      > speak up.. I have never missed a Pitt con and wont start now!
      > Brian -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@>
      > wrote:

      It's not surprising that there will be requests like the one Mike
      Grell received by this so called "fan" requesting guest artists to
      boycott the show. I for one saw this coming along time ago and
      wondered what took so long.

      If this is a genuine fan of Mike Grells, it just proves further, the
      result that comes from the newspapers and sensationalism performed by
      the DA. Anyone with an IQ of 3 could see that the prosecutions case
      was an entirely "circumstantial" plot.

      It's also not surprising to me that the DA managed to persuade these
      tainted 8 women (Baaaa)and 4 men (Baaaa) into a guilty verdict, heck
      there were newspapers in the deliberating room, yet another
      violation. I call folks like the ones who send these kind of
      letters "brainless sheep".

      It's not hard to imagine the thousands of sheep in the public who
      never question or evaluate anything in their every day lives, to take
      on this kind of an action.

      I have also seen this sort of tactic done time and time again by
      competitors that take every opportunity to capitalize on another cons
      bad PR to gain favor for their own con. It was done against
      (DragonCon years ago), So I never rule this out either.

      Although I can't figure who would be a competitor to the Pitt Con??
      anyone care to guess.

      I think it's blindingly clear what my stand on this issue has been
      from the start. So for anyone out there who desires to attempt to
      send me a letter like the one Mike Grell received, save your stamp
      because I'll just use it to light my fireplace.

      Again "innocent until PROVEN guilty by evidence my friends"

      Until we see something in FACT dept, I will continue to support the
      George Family, the Con, Make-A-Wish Foundation and the great people
      of Pittsburgh and vicinity (15 years and counting).

      Ed
    • norvandell
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
        Ed is 100% right, guilty until PROVEN innocent.

        We need to make this con the best one yet, and I feel that with our
        support, it will be.

        Certain goers of other cons, were spreading rumors about the downfall
        of this years show by telling people that it was called off because
        of demo and construction projects, so people would go to the Pitt
        show, and now some of these same people have the nerve to use a
        personal problem of Mikes to do the same thing again, just sickens
        me. Even talking about how less crowded the other shows are, seems to
        be a vain attempt at best.

        Pitt is the type of show you can spend the entire day at, and still
        have stuff to do after, while the toy show and whatever else show
        that goes on, 2 hours at best, and you're done.

        I wouldn't put it past some of these lurkers, to work for the other
        cons in part or whole. There is no competition to Pitt, unless you
        take New York moving their show to a week before Pitt, but even then,
        its only what the 2nd or 3rd NY show, and the way things are gong
        with that show, I could see it turning into another Wizard run con
        soon.

        I've been a guest every year at Pitt since the second year, and I
        feel that no matter what happens, the Georges will get what ever
        support I can give them, because they have given me more than I could
        ever ask for.

        Tod

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr."