Re: Pittsburgh Comicon Update

  • batmiteforever
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
      If you love this show get active, the vultures are all over the web.
      Thank goodness for people Like Ed, Holly,Todd and now Mike Grell... -
      http://www.mikegrell.com/mikegrell/ I hope more artists and fans
      speak up.. I have never missed a Pitt con and wont start now!
      Brian -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello Folks, the website will be updated in the next day or two and
      it
      > will be followed by the following e-mail message to our subscribers
      > but as per the norm you all get the first look; Before I sign off
      let
      > me quickly say that the thank you below goes double for the people
      on
      > the board. You support has been incredible. And a big 'thank you'
      > our artists that post here, Ed, Holly, Tod, etc. Your dedication to
      > the show is what keeps us going.
      >
      > P.A.T.
      >
      > ------------------
      >
      > Hello Pittcon Fans, Guests and Friends,
      >
      > Let me start by passing along a heartfelt 'Thank You' from Renee to
      > all our artists, vendors and fans for the outpouring of support in
      > these difficult times. We can't "Thank You" enough for your help
      and
      > encouragement.
      >
      > That being said, we have a commitment to those self-same fans,
      guests
      > and vendors to forge ahead with our plans for Pittsburgh Comicon
      2008
      > and to that end let me tell you what's new at the Comicon.
      >
      > We just added a bunch of new guests to the website, including:
      >
      > • From the 90's hit independent comic OZ, (now in development for a
      > feature film) we have at the Comicon for the first time, OZ creators
      > Ralph Griffith and Stuart Kerr.
      >
      > • Our old Friend Dave Campiti from Glass House Graphics and Banzai
      > Girls' Jinky Coronado are returning in 2008. Look for Dave, who is
      > the rep for over 120 artists, to be doing portfolio reviews all
      three
      > days of the show.
      >
      > • And for those attending for the 30th Anniversary of Dawn of the
      > Dead, we have added Jim "Helicopter Zombie" Krut and Frank "Grey
      Suit
      > Zombie" Serrao
      >
      > • For those of you coming to the show to see Sal Buscema, please
      check
      > his bio for his signing times. He will be signing exclusively at
      the
      > Hero Initiative Booth!
      >

      > We also just added our Anime Marathon Schedule and Movie Marathon
      Schedule
      > • Check out Back Issues the Movie, a funny film with that comic-
      booky
      > flair directed by Jonathan Parra, showing all three days of the show
      > and stay tuned for the addition of The Award Nominated Short Film,
      The
      > Beast In Me. We'll be adding this horror short to the movie
      schedule
      > soon.
      >
      > We also just added some new stuff to the Charity Auction page as
      well
      > so go check them out.
      >
      > For a full list of Events, Guests and more..... Visit
      > www.pittsburghcomicon.com
      >
      > You can be sure that you'll be hearing more from me soon
      >
      > Thanks,
      >

      > Patrick Thomas
      > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
      >
      > Pittsburgh Comicon
      > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
      > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
      > www.pittsburghcomicon.com
      > pcomicon@...
      > 1002 Graham Ave.
      > Windber, PA 15963
      > 814-467-4116
      > 814-467-4416

    • Ed Beard Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
        <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

        > If you love this show get active, the vultures are all over the
        web.
        > Thank goodness for people Like Ed, Holly,Todd and now Mike
        Grell... -
        > http://www.mikegrell.com/mikegrell/ I hope more artists and fans
        > speak up.. I have never missed a Pitt con and wont start now!
        > Brian -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@>
        > wrote:

        It's not surprising that there will be requests like the one Mike
        Grell received by this so called "fan" requesting guest artists to
        boycott the show. I for one saw this coming along time ago and
        wondered what took so long.

        If this is a genuine fan of Mike Grells, it just proves further, the
        result that comes from the newspapers and sensationalism performed by
        the DA. Anyone with an IQ of 3 could see that the prosecutions case
        was an entirely "circumstantial" plot.

        It's also not surprising to me that the DA managed to persuade these
        tainted 8 women (Baaaa)and 4 men (Baaaa) into a guilty verdict, heck
        there were newspapers in the deliberating room, yet another
        violation. I call folks like the ones who send these kind of
        letters "brainless sheep".

        It's not hard to imagine the thousands of sheep in the public who
        never question or evaluate anything in their every day lives, to take
        on this kind of an action.

        I have also seen this sort of tactic done time and time again by
        competitors that take every opportunity to capitalize on another cons
        bad PR to gain favor for their own con. It was done against
        (DragonCon years ago), So I never rule this out either.

        Although I can't figure who would be a competitor to the Pitt Con??
        anyone care to guess.

        I think it's blindingly clear what my stand on this issue has been
        from the start. So for anyone out there who desires to attempt to
        send me a letter like the one Mike Grell received, save your stamp
        because I'll just use it to light my fireplace.

        Again "innocent until PROVEN guilty by evidence my friends"

        Until we see something in FACT dept, I will continue to support the
        George Family, the Con, Make-A-Wish Foundation and the great people
        of Pittsburgh and vicinity (15 years and counting).

        Ed
      • norvandell
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
          Ed is 100% right, guilty until PROVEN innocent.

          We need to make this con the best one yet, and I feel that with our
          support, it will be.

          Certain goers of other cons, were spreading rumors about the downfall
          of this years show by telling people that it was called off because
          of demo and construction projects, so people would go to the Pitt
          show, and now some of these same people have the nerve to use a
          personal problem of Mikes to do the same thing again, just sickens
          me. Even talking about how less crowded the other shows are, seems to
          be a vain attempt at best.

          Pitt is the type of show you can spend the entire day at, and still
          have stuff to do after, while the toy show and whatever else show
          that goes on, 2 hours at best, and you're done.

          I wouldn't put it past some of these lurkers, to work for the other
          cons in part or whole. There is no competition to Pitt, unless you
          take New York moving their show to a week before Pitt, but even then,
          its only what the 2nd or 3rd NY show, and the way things are gong
          with that show, I could see it turning into another Wizard run con
          soon.

          I've been a guest every year at Pitt since the second year, and I
          feel that no matter what happens, the Georges will get what ever
          support I can give them, because they have given me more than I could
          ever ask for.

          Tod

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr."