Pittsburgh Comicon Update

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21, 2008
      Hello Folks, the website will be updated in the next day or two and it
      will be followed by the following e-mail message to our subscribers
      but as per the norm you all get the first look; Before I sign off let
      me quickly say that the thank you below goes double for the people on
      the board. You support has been incredible. And a big 'thank you' to
      our artists that post here, Ed, Holly, Tod, etc. Your dedication to
      the show is what keeps us going.

      P.A.T.

      ------------------

      Hello Pittcon Fans, Guests and Friends,

      Let me start by passing along a heartfelt 'Thank You' from Renee to
      all our artists, vendors and fans for the outpouring of support in
      these difficult times. We can't "Thank You" enough for your help and
      encouragement.

      That being said, we have a commitment to those self-same fans, guests
      and vendors to forge ahead with our plans for Pittsburgh Comicon 2008
      and to that end let me tell you what's new at the Comicon.

      We just added a bunch of new guests to the website, including:

      • From the 90's hit independent comic OZ, (now in development for a
      feature film) we have at the Comicon for the first time, OZ creators
      Ralph Griffith and Stuart Kerr.

      • Our old Friend Dave Campiti from Glass House Graphics and Banzai
      Girls' Jinky Coronado are returning in 2008. Look for Dave, who is
      the rep for over 120 artists, to be doing portfolio reviews all three
      days of the show.

      • And for those attending for the 30th Anniversary of Dawn of the
      Dead, we have added Jim "Helicopter Zombie" Krut and Frank "Grey Suit
      Zombie" Serrao

      • For those of you coming to the show to see Sal Buscema, please check
      his bio for his signing times. He will be signing exclusively at the
      Hero Initiative Booth!

      We also just added our Anime Marathon Schedule and Movie Marathon Schedule
      • Check out Back Issues the Movie, a funny film with that comic-booky
      flair directed by Jonathan Parra, showing all three days of the show
      and stay tuned for the addition of The Award Nominated Short Film, The
      Beast In Me. We'll be adding this horror short to the movie schedule
      soon.

      We also just added some new stuff to the Charity Auction page as well
      so go check them out.

      For a full list of Events, Guests and more..... Visit
      www.pittsburghcomicon.com

      You can be sure that you'll be hearing more from me soon

      Thanks,

      Patrick Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon
      April 25, 26, 27, 2008
      Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
      www.pittsburghcomicon.com
      pcomicon@...
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963
      814-467-4116
      814-467-4416
    • batmiteforever
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
        If you love this show get active, the vultures are all over the web.
        Thank goodness for people Like Ed, Holly,Todd and now Mike Grell... -
        http://www.mikegrell.com/mikegrell/ I hope more artists and fans
        speak up.. I have never missed a Pitt con and wont start now!
        Brian -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@...>
        wrote:

> [...]
        the
        > Hero Initiative Booth!
        >

        > We also just added our Anime Marathon Schedule and Movie Marathon
        Schedule
        > • Check out Back Issues the Movie, a funny film with that comic-
        booky
        > flair directed by Jonathan Parra, showing all three days of the show
        > and stay tuned for the addition of The Award Nominated Short Film,
        The
        > Beast In Me. We'll be adding this horror short to the movie
        schedule
        > soon.
        >
        > We also just added some new stuff to the Charity Auction page as
        well
        > so go check them out.
        >
        > For a full list of Events, Guests and more..... Visit
        > www.pittsburghcomicon.com
        >
        > You can be sure that you'll be hearing more from me soon

      • Ed Beard Jr.
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "batmiteforever"
          <batmiteforever@...> wrote:

          > If you love this show get active, the vultures are all over the
          web.
          > Thank goodness for people Like Ed, Holly,Todd and now Mike
          Grell... -
          > http://www.mikegrell.com/mikegrell/ I hope more artists and fans
          > speak up.. I have never missed a Pitt con and wont start now!
          > Brian -- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "comiconguy" <patlqp@>
          > wrote:

          It's not surprising that there will be requests like the one Mike
          Grell received by this so called "fan" requesting guest artists to
          boycott the show. I for one saw this coming along time ago and
          wondered what took so long.

          If this is a genuine fan of Mike Grells, it just proves further, the
          result that comes from the newspapers and sensationalism performed by
          the DA. Anyone with an IQ of 3 could see that the prosecutions case
          was an entirely "circumstantial" plot.

          It's also not surprising to me that the DA managed to persuade these
          tainted 8 women (Baaaa)and 4 men (Baaaa) into a guilty verdict, heck
          there were newspapers in the deliberating room, yet another
          violation. I call folks like the ones who send these kind of
          letters "brainless sheep".

          It's not hard to imagine the thousands of sheep in the public who
          never question or evaluate anything in their every day lives, to take
          on this kind of an action.

          I have also seen this sort of tactic done time and time again by
          competitors that take every opportunity to capitalize on another cons
          bad PR to gain favor for their own con. It was done against
          (DragonCon years ago), So I never rule this out either.

          Although I can't figure who would be a competitor to the Pitt Con??
          anyone care to guess.

          I think it's blindingly clear what my stand on this issue has been
          from the start. So for anyone out there who desires to attempt to
          send me a letter like the one Mike Grell received, save your stamp
          because I'll just use it to light my fireplace.

          Again "innocent until PROVEN guilty by evidence my friends"

          Until we see something in FACT dept, I will continue to support the
          George Family, the Con, Make-A-Wish Foundation and the great people
          of Pittsburgh and vicinity (15 years and counting).

          Ed
        • norvandell
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
            Ed is 100% right, guilty until PROVEN innocent.

            We need to make this con the best one yet, and I feel that with our
            support, it will be.

            Certain goers of other cons, were spreading rumors about the downfall
            of this years show by telling people that it was called off because
            of demo and construction projects, so people would go to the Pitt
            show, and now some of these same people have the nerve to use a
            personal problem of Mikes to do the same thing again, just sickens
            me. Even talking about how less crowded the other shows are, seems to
            be a vain attempt at best.

            Pitt is the type of show you can spend the entire day at, and still
            have stuff to do after, while the toy show and whatever else show
            that goes on, 2 hours at best, and you're done.

            I wouldn't put it past some of these lurkers, to work for the other
            cons in part or whole. There is no competition to Pitt, unless you
            take New York moving their show to a week before Pitt, but even then,
            its only what the 2nd or 3rd NY show, and the way things are gong
            with that show, I could see it turning into another Wizard run con
            soon.

            I've been a guest every year at Pitt since the second year, and I
            feel that no matter what happens, the Georges will get what ever
            support I can give them, because they have given me more than I could
            ever ask for.

            Tod

            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr."