who going to the Steel City Con. and/or Tekkoshocon

  • Maya
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 19 7:07 PM
      I just wanna know if I'm going to see anyone there. And if so which
      one and what day and time...
    • James Rowe
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 20 3:45 AM
        I'll be oin on Sat. for the early buyer. Not sure how long I'll stay but I'm most interested in seeing jay fife and kenny baker.

        Darth Stewie

        James Rowe

        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 20 4:51 AM

           Steel City, Im sure I will be there saturday

          I just wanna know if I'm going to see anyone there. And if so which
          one and what day and time...

        • Lisa Davis
          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 20 2:42 PM
            Steel City's Con.....Unfortunately I will not be attending....Reason why.....No Super Hero Costumer's!!.....
            If there were more heroes there....yeah I'd attend, but  I will be attending for PittsComicon though!   Sorry guys!

             Steel City, Im sure I will be there saturday

            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 21 9:07 PM
              Tekkoshocon is for a much younger crowd than Comicon. Too many
              teenagers around for my liking. I won't be
              there. But I'm definitely going to Steel City. They have better
              bargains there than Comicon, in my opinion, and you're not shoulder to
              shoulder all day.
            • lothk67
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 22 11:13 AM
                Hi All, I have been a lurker for some time and hate to start my
                posting on this group with a rant but...here goes!

                I think that "axxinjaxxin" should get his/her own group where you can
                post negatives about any show you want. It seems to me that the
                thread here was started to just find out if others are going to those
                shows. I did not read where anyone else promoted those other shows by
                talking down about Pittsburgh Comicon. Maybe I didn't read far back
                enough?

                Either way, if you don't like the Pittsburgh Comicon, find somewhere
                else to post your opinion, this Forum is for the Pittscomicon for
                information about the show, meet-ups, etc. and not for possible
                leeches who want to pull people away from Pittsburgh Comicon to go to
                a competitor's show.

                Of course, the funniest part is that you talk about how there is only
                shoulder to shoulder room at Pittsburgh Comicon....that right there
                tells me it must be a GREAT show and what a TERRIFIC time I would
                have there! If that many people are filling the place up, then they
                must know where to go to have a fun time. Also, it must be something
                the vendors and artists on this forum must love to hear!!! What
                potential guest or vendor wouldn't love to know there will be that
                many people!

                As far as cost....well, I learned a long time ago from my parents who
                were penny pinchers this very good cliche', YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY
                FOR. Cheaper never means better.

                So, thanks to the moderator for having this group where all of us
                Pittsburgh Comicon followers who love the show and can't wait to be
                there can talk about it.

                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@...>

                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 23 2:22 PM
                  i'm not going to anything this year. i am leaving Thursday for military service for about 7 months. everyone have fun for me!

                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 23 3:52 PM
                    thankx!

                    In a message dated 3/23/2008 6:51:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, holly@... writes:

                    Stay Safe!
                    Holly

                  • Jim Balent Studios

                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 23 4:52 PM
                        I'm not attending  Steel City.....No time to get anything ready for it!  sorry guys!

                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 23 8:00 PM
                          Your friendly neighborhood mod here...this place has always been open
                          to both praise and gripes of the con. As it says (and always has) on
                          our main Yahoo page. If problems aren't brought up for discussion,
                          they may never be improved. Just wanted to clarify that.

                          What was being stated there, seems to me to be an opinion of someone's
                          personal preference as a reason for attending another show. They
                          weren't even really griping, and far from outright insulting the con
                          or saying anyone shouldn't attend it for those reasons.

                          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "lothk67" <lothk67@...> wrote:

                          > Hi All, I have been a lurker for some time and hate to start my
                          > posting on this group with a rant but...here goes!
                          >
                          > I think that "axxinjaxxin" should get his/her own group where you can
                          > post negatives about any show you want. It seems to me that the
                          > thread here was started to just find out if others are going to those
                          > shows. I did not read where anyone else promoted those other shows by
                          > talking down about Pittsburgh Comicon. Maybe I didn't read far back
                          > enough?
                          >
                          > Either way, if you don't like the Pittsburgh Comicon, find somewhere
                          > else to post your opinion, this Forum is for the Pittscomicon for
                          > information about the show, meet-ups, etc. and not for possible
                          > leeches who want to pull people away from Pittsburgh Comicon to go to
                          > a competitor's show.
                          >
                          > Of course, the funniest part is that you talk about how there is only
                          > shoulder to shoulder room at Pittsburgh Comicon....that right there
                          > tells me it must be a GREAT show and what a TERRIFIC time I would
                          > have there! If that many people are filling the place up, then they
                          > must know where to go to have a fun time. Also, it must be something
                          > the vendors and artists on this forum must love to hear!!! What
                          > potential guest or vendor wouldn't love to know there will be that
                          > many people!
                          >
                          > As far as cost....well, I learned a long time ago from my parents who
                          > were penny pinchers this very good cliche', YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY
                          > FOR. Cheaper never means better.
                          >
                          > So, thanks to the moderator for having this group where all of us
                          > Pittsburgh Comicon followers who love the show and can't wait to be
                          > there can talk about it.
                          >
                          > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Tekkoshocon is for a much younger crowd than Comicon. Too many
                          > > teenagers around for my liking. I won't be
                          > > there. But I'm definitely going to Steel City. They have better
                          > > bargains there than Comicon, in my opinion, and you're not shoulder
                          > > shoulder all day.

                        • Maya
                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 24 8:40 AM
                            >Be safe and It won't be the same without you :D
                            > i'm not going to anything this year. i am leaving Thursday for
                            military
                            > service for about 7 months. everyone have fun for me!
                            >

                            > In a message dated 3/19/2008 10:08:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                            > catwomanmtb@... writes:
                            >

                            > I just wanna know if I'm going to see anyone there. And if so
                            which
                            > one and what day and time...
                            >

                            > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video
                            on AOL
                            > Home.
                            > (http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?
                            ncid=aolhom00030000000001)

                          • Ed Beard Jr.
                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 24 9:15 AM

                              > Your friendly neighborhood mod here...this place has always been
                              open
                              > to both praise and gripes of the con. As it says (and always has) on
                              > our main Yahoo page. If problems aren't brought up for discussion,
                              > they may never be improved. Just wanted to clarify that.

                              and that's a great policy and by all means keep those honest crits
                              coming. However "axxinjaxxin" has already established that he does
                              not go to the con and emphasizes that he prefers to go to a
                              competitor. That's a far cry from just voicing an opinion from
                              someone who has legitimate issues and would like those issues to
                              improve ( which is what constructive criticism is for).

                              > What was being stated there, seems to me to be an opinion of some
                              one's
                              > personal preference as a reason for attending another show. They
                              > weren't even really griping, and far from outright insulting the con
                              > or saying anyone shouldn't attend it for those reasons.

                              Here is the original quote:
                              But I'm definitely going to Steel City. They have better
                              > > > bargains there than Comicon, in my opinion, and you're not
                              shoulder
                              > > > shoulder all day.

                              If you can't see the lack of constructive crit and the back handed
                              promo for Steel City Con (it's a dead issue with someone who doesn't
                              even attend the show,) then you shouldn't be interjecting on this
                              issue. I'm not claiming that there was even "intent" to promote Steel
                              City Con, just that it appears that way the way it's presented.

                              I personally think Mike and Renee have been through enough crap
                              lately with boards who "boast" about the competitors shows. We need a
                              MOD who is proactive to prevent this kind of "negative only" posting
                              that backhandedly promotes Steel City Con from NON attending posters.

                              The Mod's argument is seriously flawed, as There is NOTHING you can
                              do for someone who's claim for why they don't attend Pitt and boasts
                              about Steel City (which is a competitor)is that they don't like it
                              being "Shoulder to Shoulder" or they have) "better Bargains at Steel
                              City Con".

                              Dealers and artists will sell their wears at whatever the market will
                              bear and NO CON can control that. Having the show so popular that
                              it's shoulder to shoulder....is nothing any con will consider a
                              negative and thus not be an issue to address. Honestly I have not
                              seen Pitt shoulder to shoulder in a few years and wish it would be at
                              least from the artists perspective.

                              People should be reminded that this forum is for people "who attend
                              the show" to discuss both PRO and CON issues. Instead of defending
                              negative posts with backhanded promos to competitors ( intended or
                              not). This board is hosted by the "Pittsburgh Comicon" after all and
                              not Steel City Con. The groups opening paragraph clearly states
                              that "This is a group for fans and attendees of the yearly Pittsburgh
                              Comicon" You can't be a fan or attendee if you claim you will not be,
                              go to the show for the reasons stated.

                              Mike, Renee and the Pittsburgh Comicon might just need "forum
                              guardian's" so to speak, who's focus is to be proactive not passive,
                              especially during these trying times, in dealing with those who would
                              post any type of NON constructive comments, as well as promos for
                              other shows (whether deliberate or not.) Of course that should be the
                              Mods job.

                              Lastly I'm very confident that "axxinjaxxin" is fully capable of
                              correcting any misunderstanding of his post if he felt there was a
                              misunderstanding. We (supporters of the CON) would all welcome that
                              clarification and to hear that he actually is attending the Con. I
                              know that Mike and Renee care about every concern that "attendees"
                              bring forth. So by all means PLEASE clarify.

                              Let's all stick to the purpose and job at hand folks, and that is to
                              support and promote the Pittsburgh Comicon. Constructive crits and
                              gripes ALWAYS welcome.

                              Ed

                              > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "lothk67" <lothk67@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi All, I have been a lurker for some time and hate to start my
                              > > posting on this group with a rant but...here goes!
                              > >
                              > > I think that "axxinjaxxin" should get his/her own group where you
                              can
                              > > post negatives about any show you want. It seems to me that the
                              > > thread here was started to just find out if others are going to
                              those
                              > > shows. I did not read where anyone else promoted those other
                              shows by
                              > > talking down about Pittsburgh Comicon. Maybe I didn't read far
                              back
                              > > enough?
                              > >
                              > > Either way, if you don't like the Pittsburgh Comicon, find
                              somewhere
                              > > else to post your opinion, this Forum is for the Pittscomicon for
                              > > information about the show, meet-ups, etc. and not for possible
                              > > leeches who want to pull people away from Pittsburgh Comicon to
                              go to
                              > > a competitor's show.
                              > >
                              > > Of course, the funniest part is that you talk about how there is
                              only
                              > > shoulder to shoulder room at Pittsburgh Comicon....that right
                              there
                              > > tells me it must be a GREAT show and what a TERRIFIC time I would
                              > > have there! If that many people are filling the place up, then
                              they
                              > > must know where to go to have a fun time. Also, it must be
                              something
                              > > the vendors and artists on this forum must love to hear!!! What
                              > > potential guest or vendor wouldn't love to know there will be
                              that
                              > > many people!
                              > >
                              > > As far as cost....well, I learned a long time ago from my parents
                              who
                              > > were penny pinchers this very good cliche', YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY
                              > > FOR. Cheaper never means better.
                              > >
                              > > So, thanks to the moderator for having this group where all of us
                              > > Pittsburgh Comicon followers who love the show and can't wait to
                              be
                              > > there can talk about it.
                              > >
                              > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@>
                              > > wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Tekkoshocon is for a much younger crowd than Comicon. Too many
                              > > > teenagers around for my liking. I won't be
                              > > > there. But I'm definitely going to Steel City. They have better
                              > > > bargains there than Comicon, in my opinion, and you're not
                              shoulder
                              > > > shoulder all day.

                            • lothk67
                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 24 10:00 AM

                                Well,  I am copying the front paragraph of the home page of this forum:

                                "Description

                                This is a group for fans and attendees of the yearly Pittsburgh Comicon located at the Expomart and Radisson in Monroeville PA. Visit the official site at www.pittsburghcomicon.com All discussion concerning the past cons is welcome, praise as well as gripes. Also welcome is talk about future cons, the guests, events, dealers, meeting other fans, advice on costumes, ect. And feel free to talk about anything else related to the fandom in Pittsburgh, such as local comic book creators, local sci-fi series fans groups, or local comic shops. Have fun and play nice! "

                                Now, having pasted that, I do not agree with your review of the poster's comments.  He or she was directly stating that they would not be attending the con due to the fact that there is only "Shoulder to Shoulder" space and "Better Deals" at the other con.  That is not a constructive criticism of the show that any coordinator reading the posts could possibly do anything about.

                                If the poster would have only posted that they are currently unhappy with the Pitts Comicon due to the fact that it is busy and in addition, the dealers tend to not offer low enough deals for him/her without bringing up another convention in the area for comparison, then that falls into your description.

                                But that is not what was done, those "gripes" were made to show people that if you do not like a busy con, if you want better deals from dealers...then follow his/her lead and go to Steel City...that is what the poster said.  I am sorry you cannot see it that way.

                                Therefore, my post is to people who may not be fans and attendees of the Pittsburgh Comicon and missed that part of the Home Description.  According to the description, that is the basis for posting.  If you are a fan of other conventions such as Steel City, then please post on their forum as to what you like about their show and why you are attending their show or what you dislike about other shows that makes you want to attend theirs.

                                You even state that "it seems to you,  it is the person's opinion as to why they are attending another show"....that is not part of the description on the home page.  It does not say this group is for posters who want to state their opinion of why they will not be attending Pittsburgh Comicon and want to attend another competing con in the area!  (that would be just ridiculous to have wouldn't you agree?)

                                No one else has done that from what I have read here.  Someone simply posted a question as to whether or not any other fans and attendees that are part of this group will also be going to two other shows in the area.  They did not ask "Why are you going to other shows and not Pittsburgh this year?"  Other people also responded as to where they may be going and why, if they will be in the city, if they are ready etc.  No one else felt the need to say anything about the Pitts show that turned them off and therefore they will go elsewhere. (if they had, I would be commenting to them too)

                                Lastly, I wanted to comment about some research I did that responds to something Ed Beard said.  I learned from Patrick Thomas that this forum has only recently been linked from the Pittsburgh Comicon official site and really is not controlled or moderated in any official capacity by the Pittsburgh Comicon staff.  Ed appeared to be quite shocked that the moderator would come forward in defence of a rather negative comment, especially in trying times.

                                -Thanks again.

                                --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Kirisawa Fuko" <fuko_chan@...> wrote:

                                > Your friendly neighborhood mod here...this place has always been open
                                > to both praise and gripes of the con. As it says (and always has) on
                                > our main Yahoo page. If problems aren't brought up for discussion,
                                > they may never be improved. Just wanted to clarify that.
                                >
                                > What was being stated there, seems to me to be an opinion of someone's
                                > personal preference as a reason for attending another show. They
                                > weren't even really griping, and far from outright insulting the con
                                > or saying anyone shouldn't attend it for those reasons.
                                >

                                > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "lothk67" lothk67@ wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hi All, I have been a lurker for some time and hate to start my
                                > > posting on this group with a rant but...here goes!
                                > >
                                > > I think that "axxinjaxxin" should get his/her own group where you can
                                > > post negatives about any show you want. It seems to me that the
                                > > thread here was started to just find out if others are going to those
                                > > shows. I did not read where anyone else promoted those other shows by
                                > > talking down about Pittsburgh Comicon. Maybe I didn't read far back
                                > > enough?
                                > >
                                > > Either way, if you don't like the Pittsburgh Comicon, find somewhere
                                > > else to post your opinion, this Forum is for the Pittscomicon for
                                > > information about the show, meet-ups, etc. and not for possible
                                > > leeches who want to pull people away from Pittsburgh Comicon to go to
                                > > a competitor's show.
                                > >
                                > > Of course, the funniest part is that you talk about how there is only
                                > > shoulder to shoulder room at Pittsburgh Comicon....that right there
                                > > tells me it must be a GREAT show and what a TERRIFIC time I would
                                > > have there! If that many people are filling the place up, then they
                                > > must know where to go to have a fun time. Also, it must be something
                                > > the vendors and artists on this forum must love to hear!!! What
                                > > potential guest or vendor wouldn't love to know there will be that
                                > > many people!
                                > >
                                > > As far as cost....well, I learned a long time ago from my parents who
                                > > were penny pinchers this very good cliche', YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY
                                > > FOR. Cheaper never means better.
                                > >
                                > > So, thanks to the moderator for having this group where all of us
                                > > Pittsburgh Comicon followers who love the show and can't wait to be
                                > > there can talk about it.
                                > >
                                > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "axxinjaxxin" <axxinjaxxin@>
                                > > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Tekkoshocon is for a much younger crowd than Comicon. Too many
                                > > > teenagers around for my liking. I won't be
                                > > > there. But I'm definitely going to Steel City. They have better
                                > > > bargains there than Comicon, in my opinion, and you're not shoulder
                                > > > shoulder all day.

                              • batmiteforever
                                Message 15 of 27 , Mar 24 12:11 PM
                                  I gotta argree with Ed, I've thought for some time there are people
                                  schillin for other shows at the Pitt con's expense here. If I'm
                                  wrong appologies all around, but its the same people saying the same
                                  thing about the same shows.....Support all the pittsburgh shows and
                                  we all win in the end!--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard
                                  Jr." <artofedbeard@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                  then
                                  > they
                                  > > > must know where to go to have a fun time. Also, it must be
                                  > something
                                  > > > the vendors and artists on this forum must love to hear!!!
                                  What
                                  > > > potential guest or vendor wouldn't love to know there will be
                                  > that
                                  > > > many people!
                                  > > >
                                  > > > As far as cost....well, I learned a long time ago from my
                                  parents
                                  > who
                                  > > > were penny pinchers this very good cliche', YOU GET WHAT YOU
                                  PAY
                                  > > > FOR. Cheaper never means better.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > So, thanks to the moderator for having this group where all of
                                  us
                                  > > > Pittsburgh Comicon followers who love the show and can't wait

                                • batmiteforever
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Mar 24 5:54 PM
                                    Stay safe and Thank you for your service!

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Mar 24 6:19 PM
                                      I see your point. I didn't take it as them saying they weren't going
                                      to attend the comicon. Maybe they mentioned that in another post? It
                                      still seems more of a casual slip of an opinion than a deliberate
                                      anti-comicon argument, to me.

                                      Yes, we are completely unofficial, fan run, and have never claimed to
                                      be otherwise. I started this place because the official site didn't
                                      have a forum where fans could voice their opinions, organize meet-ups,
                                      etc. I told the comicon about it as soon as it was created (in 2004).
                                      The comicon was nice enough to link it from their home page later on
                                      (perhaps 2005-2006, I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't that
                                      recently).

                                      I spoke up because the way you worded your first post response made it
                                      seem like any negative comments on the comicon should be taken
                                      elsewhere and I thought it was important for everyone to know the
                                      forum's official policy allows negative comments. I'm sorry if my
                                      stepping in seemed bad considering recent events, and I realize the
                                      post in question was not constructive criticism. I just wanted to be
                                      sure we were clear that constructive crit is encouraged here. I admit
                                      my usual mod activities only include deleting and banning spammers and
                                      I rarely post myself. But I remain a fan of the comicon and certainly
                                      plan to continue to attend.

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Mar 24 6:30 PM
                                        I agree

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Mar 25 5:50 AM
                                          Hey Folks,

                                          Let me get one quick word in. First let me say how much the show
                                          appreciates the Fan Board created by Kirisawa Fuko. We love the fact
                                          that there are so many posters that are passionate about the
                                          Pittsburgh Comicon. Our official policy with the board has always
                                          been a fairly hands-off approach. I post our updates here, but I
                                          don't get on and argue every criticism raised about the show because,
                                          frankly, constructive criticism is always welcomed. I've read every
                                          message ever posted on the site and because of the fan boards we have
                                          implemented changes. This year's costume contest will have some
                                          expanded categories and some additional judges of varying backgrounds
                                          based solely on the feedback from the fansite. (more on that as soon
                                          as we hash out all the details) We are always interested in what you
                                          all have to say and generally I have always found the site to be
                                          respectful and insightful. I agree with Ed and others that
                                          axxinjaxxin's post seemed to have an agenda of steering people away
                                          from the con with no real constructive criticism to it. Whether that
                                          is what he intended, I have no way of knowing but that is something I
                                          would prefer to avoid, but as far as the Comicon is concerned, we
                                          consider this, Your site and we prefer to let things shake out with-in
                                          the construct of the members themselves, which is exactly what
                                          happened in this instance. From what I read today, it seems as if
                                          everyone has returned to a common ground and that makes us happy,
                                          because we consider all of you a big part of the Comicon Family.

                                          Again let me thank you all for your passion for the Pittsburgh Comicon.
                                          I will continue to post updates here first for you all to see, and I
                                          will continue to read every message posted to get your feedback.

                                          I can't wait to see you all in April.

                                          And Lastly (i know i said this would be one quick word, but anyone
                                          that knows me knows that is impossible),

                                          I want to thank bsimon9427 for his service to our country and I think
                                          I speak for everyone when I say we all hope and pray for your quick
                                          and safe return!!!!

                                          Patrick A. Thomas
                                          Marketing Director-Pittsburgh Comicon
                                        • paul s. brittain
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Mar 25 5:53 AM
                                            One of the reasons I go to the PittsburghCon is that I have made many friends in past years. You can't beat getting to know the people.

                                            My only request would be to bring back the Farscape celebs every year. I didn't see any of them in the guest list for this year.

                                            Paul

                                            Message 21 of 27 , Mar 25 10:28 AM
                                              Thank you Kirisawa for this post. I was definitely not suggesting
                                              that we could not make constructive criticism at all.

                                              I also read Patrick's post from Pittsburgh Comicon and am glad that
                                              we all seem to share a like-minded thought that this forum is a great
                                              way for Pittsburgh comicon supporters to meet and discuss the show
                                              good or bad but at least keep it within the limits as listed in the
                                              description.

                                              That all being said and done with...this sounds like another great
                                              year. I cannot believe that Brian from Ghost Hunters is going to be
                                              there. I personally love that show and TAPS and think this is so
                                              cool that the con reached out into a really different genre than
                                              comics and added another event that is really unique and fun.

                                              I always enjoy the regular guests, the sci-fi movie guests too.

                                              The other thing that I don't know that anyone else has posted about
                                              is that I really appreciate the fact that I have 2 children and feel
                                              so comfortable that they can roam all around the show without me, and
                                              be safe and have a ton of fun!!!

                                              Thanks again.

> [...]
                                              comment,
                                              > > especially in trying times.
                                              > >
                                              > > -Thanks again.
                                              > >

                                              > > --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Kirisawa Fuko" <fuko_chan@>
                                              > > wrote:
                                              > > >
                                              > > > Your friendly neighborhood mod here...this place has always
                                              been open
                                              > > > to both praise and gripes of the con. As it says (and always
                                              has) on
                                              > > > our main Yahoo page. If problems aren't brought up for
                                              discussion,
                                              > > > they may never be improved. Just wanted to clarify that.
                                              > > >
                                              > > > What was being stated there, seems to me to be an opinion of
                                              someone's
                                              > > > personal preference as a reason for attending another show. They
                                              > > > weren't even really griping, and far from outright insulting
                                              the con
                                              > > > or saying anyone shouldn't attend it for those reasons.

                                            • Andrew Harmon
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Mar 25 10:47 AM
                                                "The other thing that I don't know that anyone else has posted about

                                                is that I really appreciate the fact that I have 2 children and feel
                                                so comfortable that they can roam all around the show without me, and
                                                be safe and have a ton of fun!"

                                                While I'm certainly not knocking the Con by any means, I sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable walking past certain (usually fantasy/pinup) artists with my kids where they can see the near next-to-nothing artwork (sometimes nudes with yellow pasties over the areas). Admittedly, *I* like seeing the work, but when kids are in tow (ages 11 and 6) and want to see the entire floor, it can be a bit uncomfortable. And as much as I would like to let my kids go see what they like without me, I'm not that free-spirited.

                                                But we make due as we can.

                                                Andrew (hoping to go this year)

                                              • Jim Balent Studios
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Mar 25 11:31 AM
                                                  LOL
                                                  when I was 11 I tok life drawing at the Art Student's League
                                                  of NYC...I turned out okay :-P
                                                  But everyone has their own path ;-)

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Mar 25 11:45 AM
                                                      hehehe

                                                      To be fair, the models I did anatomy drawings from at Pittsburgh looked nothing like what I see at the Con ;)

                                                      In additiona, my son blushes every time he asks for a chicken "breast" LOL

                                                      On Tue Mar 25 14:31 , Jim Balent Studios sent:

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Mar 25 12:02 PM
                                                        LOL!
                                                        I taught pre-K
                                                        I know the spectrum of kid reactions!
                                                        5-6yrs is the best!
                                                        : D
                                                        PS
                                                        the Models at Parsons school of design were all
                                                        gorgeous/ male & female
                                                        if you do visit ask me about when I had my first 'male' model
                                                        in an 'grown up's' painting class
                                                        ,when I was 13...I nearly fainted!
                                                        its funny!
                                                        heehee

                                                        Andrew Harmon wrote:

                                                        "The other thing that I don't know that anyone else has posted about

                                                        is that I really appreciate the fact that I have 2 children and feel
                                                        so comfortable that they can roam all around the show without me, and
                                                        be safe and have a ton of fun!"

                                                        While I'm certainly not knocking the Con by any means, I sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable walking past certain (usually fantasy/pinup) artists with my kids where they can see the near next-to-nothing artwork (sometimes nudes with yellow pasties over the areas). Admittedly, *I* like seeing the work, but when kids are in tow (ages 11 and 6) and want to see the entire floor, it can be a bit uncomfortable. And as much as I would like to let my kids go see what they like without me, I'm not that free-spirited.

                                                        But we make due as we can.

                                                        Andrew (hoping to go this year)

                                                      • Joe Patrick
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Mar 25 12:21 PM
                                                          "While I'm certainly not knocking the Con by any means, I sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable walking past certain (usually fantasy/pinup) artists with my kids where they can see the near next-to-nothing artwork"

                                                          That is something thats completely understandable based on the age of the children.  I have a 16 year old son and I can only imagine what thoughts go through his mind when he sees some of the artists there.  I go mainly for the pin-up style art, but I can understand how some people might be a little leery if they have pre-teen kids that they're bringing.

                                                           I live maybe 5 minutes from the Expo mart and I buy two of the 3 day passes.  I go all three days and alternately I take my wife, my son and my future son-in-law.  This is the only show that I go to because I enjoy the overall vibe.  If the stuff on the main floor is starting to get to you, there's always the movies being screened or presentations going on, or the CBDL quick sketch and the after hours entertainment in the evening is a blast as well.  Last year my wife and I drove back up for the Casino Night and we can honestly say that we havent had that much fun in a long time and it went for a great cause.  It's the people that you meet that make it more then just browsing for a missing comic here or there.

                                                          I don't post much here, but I have been reading all of the posts intently since the verdict came down in the George case.  I dont know Mike at all, but its hard to believe that someone who does so much for Make-A-Wish and for many of the fledgling artists out there could be guilty of what he's accused of.  It just doesnt fit with the overall feeling of what we established.

                                                          I know this is kind of responding to a few of the different threads on here in one topic, but from one of the lurkers out here, we'll be there all 3 days and look forward to seeing old friends again, especially Jason at the poker table come Friday night.