Re: [pittscomicon] Appeal

  • Jim Burns
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2008
      Only thing was there was no real evidence. Just witness that seem to be able to vividly recall images from 18 yrs. ago.
      Hell I cant remember stuff from 18 yrs. ago, let alone what I did last week, but honestly there was something not right with the
      prosecution. I hope Mike can win at the appeal, I have known him for quite sometime, and he isn't a killer. Always a
      reall nice guy and was there to help anyone.

      Jim Burns
      327th Star Corps

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2008
        friends of Mike and Renee George from the Pittsburgh ComicCon.

        The Georges' have asked us to support the recent move to have the
        Judge Beirnat who presided over the trial "vacate the verdict" on
        the grounds that there is NO factual evidence and everything is
        curcumstamntial. More importantly that the Judge Beirnat himself was
        shocked ( as reported ) by the verdict and instructed the Jury to not
        be pursuaded by the Hearsay or circumstantial presentation by the
        prosecution.

        The Judge Beirnat has the power to determine that this verdict was
        reached without the jurors following his instructions. However the
        Judge will need our support via hard copy letter. These letters are
        to be presented in person on this Friday by Michael's defense
        attorney.

        So feel free to use my letter below as a reference or segments to
        copy if you so desire.

        But we need to send these letters out today or tomorrow at the
        address below in my letter so that they arrive by Wednesday the 26th
        next week.

        Thanks for your support of Michael, Renee and their children, after
        all it's the least we can do, after all they have gone through and
        what they have done for us.

        Ed

        Judge Beirnat

        c/o Marlinga Law Group

        43550 Elizabeth Rd

        Clinton Township, MI
        48046

        March 19th, 2008

        Dear Honorable Judge Beirnat,

        After hearing the verdict in the Michael George Murder trial, we were
        both shocked and disgusted with the lack of Jurors prudence applied.
        It was clear to anyone reading about this verdict, the "hear say" and
        so obviously "circumstantial" testimony, that these jurors clearly
        must not have understood your instructions.

        I am sure that you would have instructed the Jury to consider the
        defendant, Michael George, as an innocent man at the beginning of the
        trial and that they must only consider the facts and not be swayed by
        circumstantial and unsubstantiated evidence presented by the
        prosecution.

        A person is supposed to be "INNOCENT" until proven guilty. The
        evidence must be more than circumstantial and give reasonable persons
        the ability to remove any doubt that there may be another
        explanation. The Juror is supposed to not allow character, emotional
        or personal beliefs cloud the factual evaluation of the evidence
        before them.

        Nearly six months ago, newspapers in PA , Chicago, and MI had
        already portrayed Michael George as follows:

        "Wife cheating adulterer had an affair with hired help, plots to kill
        wife, pretends that it was a break in, collects the insurance money
        and then skips the state to go live in PA. "

        Jurors are supposed to focus on the facts and evidence and not
        whether Michael George cheated on his former wife or not or did he
        have an affair or fall in love with Renee George or not. These points
        are "irrelevant" to the issue of guilt or innocence of whether Mike
        George killed his wife with a gun.

        It is an abomination of our justice system that jury members could
        allow themselves to be entertained by the DA's award winning
        performance for Dateline NBC. They lost all sense of reality and
        destroyed a man and his family with a guilty verdict, just because
        it "sounds" like a plausible course of action.

        We implore your wisdom and Judge's prudence to vacate the jury's
        verdict on the grounds that these jurors could not have possibly
        understood or followed your instructions in addition to many other
        failures that we are sure you shall be considering.

        We can only hope for a NEW trial for the sake of TRUE justice. We
        also hope for a Jury that has not been tainted by the media and that
        can follow judge's instructions.

        With great respect and hope,

        Mr. and Mrs. Edward P. Beard Jr.
      • stevenjregina
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22, 2008
          Thanks so much for the information, Ed. I sent a letter out this
          morning. At the post office, the computer said that my letter was
          scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, so there is still a chance that
          letters sent out on Monday could arrive in time if a person is close
          enough (I'm 30 miles from Pittsburgh). There's no guarantees, but the
          more letters they get, the more it should help.

          I don't know Michael and Renee especially well, but they have always
          treated me well when I have attended the last several shows as either
          a journalist or retailer. This year, Renee asked me to help judge the
          costume contest so that there was an anime expert on the panel. I was
          flattered, and will be attending the show. I love this show and will
          do anything that I can to support it. I think everybody here knows
          how much good the show does for Make-A-Wish and CBLDF each year, and
          I think we all need to overcome the vultures and promote this show so
          that these great organizations don't suffer from the overwhelming
          biased and negative presentation of facts in the media.

          Steven Regina
          Joy's Japanimation

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard
          Jr." <artofedbeard@...> wrote:

          > friends of Mike and Renee George from the Pittsburgh ComicCon.
          >

          > The Georges' have asked us to support the recent move to have the
          > Judge Beirnat who presided over the trial "vacate the verdict" on
          > the grounds that there is NO factual evidence and everything is
          > curcumstamntial. More importantly that the Judge Beirnat himself
          was
          > shocked ( as reported ) by the verdict and instructed the Jury to
          not
          > be pursuaded by the Hearsay or circumstantial presentation by the
          > prosecution.
          >

          > The Judge Beirnat has the power to determine that this verdict was
          > reached without the jurors following his instructions. However the
          > Judge will need our support via hard copy letter. These letters are
          > to be presented in person on this Friday by Michael's defense
          > attorney.
          >

          > So feel free to use my letter below as a reference or segments to
          > copy if you so desire.
          >

          > But we need to send these letters out today or tomorrow at the
          > address below in my letter so that they arrive by Wednesday the
          26th
          > next week.
          >

          > Thanks for your support of Michael, Renee and their children, after
          > all it's the least we can do, after all they have gone through and
          > what they have done for us.
          >

          > Ed
          >

          > Judge Beirnat
          >
          > c/o Marlinga Law Group