Re: Other facts about Michael George murder trial- Ed Beard Jr.

  • norvandell
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 18, 2008
      Ed brings up a lot of interesting points, and for those, I feel that
      with a stronger defence strategy, Mike will win out on appeal.

      I still can't get over the the DA in this case. Remember what
      happened in the Duke rape case?, someone sounds like they're trying
      to make a name for themselves in the courts, at the expence of a good
      man.

      Who cares about Mikes personal life, I don't. He has only ever been
      good to me, as Renee has also. I don't judge a person on the past,
      only what they show me in the present.

      As a guest, and as I stated before, as long as the show goes on, I'll
      be there. I think it should go on.

      I'll see you there Ed.

      Tod Allen Smith
      Altoona Pa.

      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr."
      <artofedbeard@...> wrote:

      > Hey folks,
      >
      > Fantasy Artist Ed Beard Jr here. I just signed up as a member ( to
      > think I have been a guest at Pittsburgh for 15 years and never
      joined
      > here??)
      >
      > Be warned this is a long RANT. Please excuse the spelling,
      > punctuation etc. it's late and this is just a casual forum so
      please
      > focus or debate the content and not the grammar.
      > -Thanks
      >
      > My wife Kelly and I have known Mike and Renee and their children
      > since 1992. Our kids are about the same age and we have personally
      > backed every thing they have ever done in this industry. Mike and
      > Renee are the reason that PCC is what it is today. NO promoter has
      > ever treated their guest artists as good as Mike and Renee. No One
      > has been as great a support to needy kids via Make-A-Wish. No One
      has
      > been so generous to the CBLDF and the genre in general.
      >
      > On a personal level Mike and Renee are outstanding citizens of
      Winbur
      > PA with Mike's community involvement with children second to none.
      >

      > Now lets say my wife and I pretend that we have never met Mike and
      > Renee before and since last August we read in the papers, the
      > theatrical headlines portraying a Murderous adulterer, who killed
      his
      > wife to collect insurance money and sweep his mistress off to PA
      from
      > MI some 18 years ago....? This might just make us think we was
      > hearing the Friday night suspense drama on television or the latest
      > Star or Inquirer magazine headlines.
      >
      > Ah but then None of the accurate facts are presented and only an
      > overzealous prosecutors concocted circumstantial evidence is
      offered
      > what then might Jon Q Public think if one did not know the other
      side
      > of the story...hmmm. My guess would be what everyone of those
      Jurors
      > thought, and the general public who has been waiting with bated
      > breath for the Dateline NBC movie of the week special on the whole
      > ordeal. Guilty!
      >
      > Now that the trial is over, I would like to offer that which the
      news
      > media failed to mention. Facts that John Q public has not been
      privy
      > to. These are just a few of the general facts that were suppose to
      be
      > brought out by Mike's defense attorney for the jurors to hear. This
      > info was shared in conversations with Mike, Renee and I. I was
      asked
      > not to offer this info until after the trial as it should have
      > resulted in this case getting thrown out. I am not sure how much of
      > this was covered or allowed to be presented as defense evidence,
      but
      > it should make all of us think hard about the outcome of Mike
      verdict

      > 1. Mike NEVER owned or possessed any weapons in his entire life
      let
      > alone used one. The only weapon that were ever transferred to his
      > estate for a brief period of time was from his father's death and
      > estate which was immediately sold to a legitimate buyer and gun
      > owner. This weapon was not even manufactured until years after the
      > death of Barbara.
      >
      > 2. When the murder took place there were several detectives who
      > interviewed witnesses that were there that day at the comic shop.
      Two
> [...]
      > was more elevated than prior arguments that she eves dropped upon.
      > This coming from a person who was never questioned nor felt her
      > amazing memory was important 18 years ago.....yet this is the DA's
      > ACE in the hole!!
      >
      > Now think people, just for a moment lets pretend we actually have a
      > TRUE fair and constitutionally run system of Justice and we are not
      > being tried in GITMO shall we. A person is supposed to be "INOCENT"
      > until proven guilty. The evidence must be more than circumstantial
      > and give reasonable persons the ability to remove any doubt that
      > there may be another explanation. The Juror is supposed to not
      allow
      > character, emotional or personal beliefs cloud the factual
      evaluation
      > of the evidence before them.
      >
      > Then we wake up today.... the real world and a real jury in ass
      > backward MI, where 8 women and 4 men listen to the soap opera that
      > this DA performs for them...It goes something like this:
      >
      > Wife cheating adulterer having an affair with hired help plots to
      > kill wife, pretend that it was a break in, collect the insurance
      > money and then skip the state to go live in PA.... Well folks
      whether
      > Mike did cheat on his former wife or not, whether he did fall in
      love
      > with Renee or not, is "irrelevant" to the issue of guilty or
      innocent
      > of whether Mike George killed his wife with a gun, period. Ah but
      > then I forget we don't live in a country where true fair and
      > equitable justice is served.
      >
      > How the heck can anyone in their right mind have come up with a
      > guilty verdict more over 1st degree Murder No less based on this
      pile
      > of hear-say.
      >
      > We live in a country that is ruled by elitists and fascists that
      > defecate on our constitution and bill of rights and more important
      > and more powerful than all of those demons is the John Q Public.
      > These are the most egregious who would sit on a jury and allow
      > themselves to be entertained by the DA's award winning performance
      > for Dateline NBC and loose all sense of reality and destroy a man
      and
      > his family with a guilty verdict, just because it "sounds" like a
      > plausible course of action.
      >
      > Be warned all of you married couple, who GOD forbid, argue a little
      > to loud so that your nosebag neighbor over hears, Someday you to
      may
      > be the unfortunate victim of a break in or hit and 18 years later
      > there may be the same overzealous DA looking to make a name for
      > himself. You may just be the next Dateline NBC movie of the week.
      >
      > Disgusted...with society
      >

      > P.S. We "WILL" be attending PCC this April and "WILL" continue to
      > fight and support Mike and Renee George until someone actually
      > provides a shred of proof that he is guilty.

    • Jim Balent Studios
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 18, 2008
        Ditto!

        <artofedbeard@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
        > themselves to be entertained by the DA's award winning performance
        > for Dateline NBC and loose all sense of reality and destroy a man
        and
        > his family with a guilty verdict, just because it "sounds" like a
        > plausible course of action.
        >
        > Be warned all of you married couple, who GOD forbid, argue a little
        > to loud so that your nosebag neighbor over hears, Someday you to
        may
        > be the unfortunate victim of a break in or hit and 18 years later
        > there may be the same overzealous DA looking to make a name for
        > himself. You may just be the next Dateline NBC movie of the week.
        >
        > Disgusted... with society
        >

        > P.S. We "WILL" be attending PCC this April and "WILL" continue to
        > fight and support Mike and Renee George until someone actually
        > provides a shred of proof that he is guilty.

      • Ed Beard Jr.
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 18, 2008
          I just got this e-mailed to me from the GBG forum:

          It outlines a few more of the "DA'S" "Star" witnesses...?

          More of the same style National Inquire style tall tales that can't
          be backed up with proof. All hear-say

          CBG Forum Posted by Brent
          Frankenhoff
          Snip>: Key to the
          prosecution's case was the testimony of witness <b>Michael Renaud</b>
          who said
          he called the Georges' store the evening of the murder at
          approximately 5:30
          p.m. and Michael George answered the phone, which contradicted
          George's alibi of
          being asleep at his mother's home at the time. "He answered the
          phone, that was
          his fatal mistake," Kaplan said.

          YEAH I PERSON WHO WAS NEVER INTERVIEWED 18 YEARS AGO YET NOW SEEMS
          TO REMEMBER THAT HE CALLED THIS COMIC STORE , HE REMEMBERS THE EXACT
          TIME AND REMEMBERS THAT IT WAS MICHAEL'S VOICE??? ANOTHER GENIUS
          WITTNESS WITH AN IDIOT SAVANTS MEMORY. HOORAY FOR THE DA!

          tional testimony of <b>Barbee Hancock-Kalbfleisch</b>, who said that
          when she
          came to the store about the same time, she found the door locked,
          while Barbara
          was out ordering food for the surprise birthday party she was
          planning for
          Michael later that evening.

          WHAT ON EARTH DOES THSAT PROVE?

          testify in his own defense also helped clinch the verdict. "A
          defendant's
          decision not to testify is generally harmful to the defense,

          THIS WAS THE WORST THING MICHAELS ATTORNEY COULD HAVE EVER ADVISED
          HIM TO DO?? i AGREE WITH Kaplan ON THIS ONE!
        • Will Crites
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 18, 2008
            I see him winning out on an appeal.

            Will