Other facts about Michael George murder trial- Ed Beard Jr.

  • Ed Beard Jr.
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 17, 2008
      Hey folks,

      Fantasy Artist Ed Beard Jr here. I just signed up as a member ( to
      think I have been a guest at Pittsburgh for 15 years and never joined
      here??)

      Be warned this is a long RANT. Please excuse the spelling,
      punctuation etc. it's late and this is just a casual forum so please
      focus or debate the content and not the grammar.
      -Thanks

      My wife Kelly and I have known Mike and Renee and their children
      since 1992. Our kids are about the same age and we have personally
      backed every thing they have ever done in this industry. Mike and
      Renee are the reason that PCC is what it is today. NO promoter has
      ever treated their guest artists as good as Mike and Renee. No One
      has been as great a support to needy kids via Make-A-Wish. No One has
      been so generous to the CBLDF and the genre in general.

      On a personal level Mike and Renee are outstanding citizens of Winbur
      PA with Mike's community involvement with children second to none.

      Now lets say my wife and I pretend that we have never met Mike and
      Renee before and since last August we read in the papers, the
      theatrical headlines portraying a Murderous adulterer, who killed his
      wife to collect insurance money and sweep his mistress off to PA from
      MI some 18 years ago....? This might just make us think we was
      hearing the Friday night suspense drama on television or the latest
      Star or Inquirer magazine headlines.

      Ah but then None of the accurate facts are presented and only an
      overzealous prosecutors concocted circumstantial evidence is offered
      what then might Jon Q Public think if one did not know the other side
      of the story...hmmm. My guess would be what everyone of those Jurors
      thought, and the general public who has been waiting with bated
      breath for the Dateline NBC movie of the week special on the whole
      ordeal. Guilty!

      Now that the trial is over, I would like to offer that which the news
      media failed to mention. Facts that John Q public has not been privy
      to. These are just a few of the general facts that were suppose to be
      brought out by Mike's defense attorney for the jurors to hear. This
      info was shared in conversations with Mike, Renee and I. I was asked
      not to offer this info until after the trial as it should have
      resulted in this case getting thrown out. I am not sure how much of
      this was covered or allowed to be presented as defense evidence, but
      it should make all of us think hard about the outcome of Mike verdict

      1. Mike NEVER owned or possessed any weapons in his entire life let
      alone used one. The only weapon that were ever transferred to his
      estate for a brief period of time was from his father's death and
      estate which was immediately sold to a legitimate buyer and gun
      owner. This weapon was not even manufactured until years after the
      death of Barbara.

      2. When the murder took place there were several detectives who
      interviewed witnesses that were there that day at the comic shop. Two
      of those witnesses stated that they saw a suspicious person hanging
      around the back or side of the building that day. Both identified
      this person as someone who NEVER was seen before. Yet this testimony
      was never brought up by the prosecution or as evidence 18 years ago.

      3. Mike's mother, neighbors, and his 4 year old daughter stated and
      remember that day vividly testifying that Mike was home all day and
      at the time of the murder.

      4. The original coroners report claimed that there was only one
      bullet fired and that nothing else was found at the scene ( the comic
      shop) yet when Mike's current Defense Attorney and former MI
      prosecutor for that District at that time, looked at the 18 year old
      file, low and behold there was the investigators statement claiming
      they found additional bullets lodged in the wall of the stock room
      and else ware.
      Yet the prosecution claimed there was no sign of a robbery or break
      in and that it was strictly a one shot execution style hit.

      This statement alone contradicts the news report. By the way, the
      cheif at the time was none other than the current prosecutors DAD!
      Like incompetent FatherÂ… like son.

      5. Then enters stage LEFT this comic book buyer who claims he was a
      regular customer of Mike and Renee's (though none seem to recall him
      hanging out as he has claimed) testifying that several years after
      the murder he could positively identify and knows that the comics
      that were claimed stolen from Comics World the night of the murder
      were the same ones that Mike sold on Ebay years later. WOW this clown
      must be a psychic Superhero as he has such amazing powers that he can
      identify one single copy out of thousands that are sold on the market
      everyday in this industry. Another of this Prosecutors ROCK SOLID
      EVIDENCE EXHIBITS.

      6. None of the Detectives that investigated the Murder at the time
      ever checked Mike for gun shot residue, never found a murder weapon.

      7. The DA prosecutor provides former friends of Barbara as witnesses
      (just a wee bit of conflict of interest) to testify that Barbara and
      Mike were arguing all the time.

      8. The DA Prosecutor brings forth a new witness, a former employer of
      an adjacent business who testifies that she "clearly" remembers that
      Mike and Barbara were arguing July 13 and that their tone of voice
      was more elevated than prior arguments that she eves dropped upon.
      This coming from a person who was never questioned nor felt her
      amazing memory was important 18 years ago.....yet this is the DA's
      ACE in the hole!!

      Now think people, just for a moment lets pretend we actually have a
      TRUE fair and constitutionally run system of Justice and we are not
      being tried in GITMO shall we. A person is supposed to be "INOCENT"
      until proven guilty. The evidence must be more than circumstantial
      and give reasonable persons the ability to remove any doubt that
      there may be another explanation. The Juror is supposed to not allow
      character, emotional or personal beliefs cloud the factual evaluation
      of the evidence before them.

      Then we wake up today.... the real world and a real jury in ass
      backward MI, where 8 women and 4 men listen to the soap opera that
      this DA performs for them...It goes something like this:

      Wife cheating adulterer having an affair with hired help plots to
      kill wife, pretend that it was a break in, collect the insurance
      money and then skip the state to go live in PA.... Well folks whether
      Mike did cheat on his former wife or not, whether he did fall in love
      with Renee or not, is "irrelevant" to the issue of guilty or innocent
      of whether Mike George killed his wife with a gun, period. Ah but
      then I forget we don't live in a country where true fair and
      equitable justice is served.

      How the heck can anyone in their right mind have come up with a
      guilty verdict more over 1st degree Murder No less based on this pile
      of hear-say.

      We live in a country that is ruled by elitists and fascists that
      defecate on our constitution and bill of rights and more important
      and more powerful than all of those demons is the John Q Public.
      These are the most egregious who would sit on a jury and allow
      themselves to be entertained by the DA's award winning performance
      for Dateline NBC and loose all sense of reality and destroy a man and
      his family with a guilty verdict, just because it "sounds" like a
      plausible course of action.

      Be warned all of you married couple, who GOD forbid, argue a little
      to loud so that your nosebag neighbor over hears, Someday you to may
      be the unfortunate victim of a break in or hit and 18 years later
      there may be the same overzealous DA looking to make a name for
      himself. You may just be the next Dateline NBC movie of the week.

      Disgusted...with society

      P.S. We "WILL" be attending PCC this April and "WILL" continue to
      fight and support Mike and Renee George until someone actually
      provides a shred of proof that he is guilty.

      Ed Beard Jr.
    • norvandell
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 18, 2008
        Ed brings up a lot of interesting points, and for those, I feel that
        with a stronger defence strategy, Mike will win out on appeal.

        I still can't get over the the DA in this case. Remember what
        happened in the Duke rape case?, someone sounds like they're trying
        to make a name for themselves in the courts, at the expence of a good
        man.

        Who cares about Mikes personal life, I don't. He has only ever been
        good to me, as Renee has also. I don't judge a person on the past,
        only what they show me in the present.

        As a guest, and as I stated before, as long as the show goes on, I'll
        be there. I think it should go on.

        I'll see you there Ed.

        Tod Allen Smith
        Altoona Pa.

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beard Jr."
        <artofedbeard@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > themselves to be entertained by the DA's award winning performance
        > for Dateline NBC and loose all sense of reality and destroy a man
        and
        > his family with a guilty verdict, just because it "sounds" like a
        > plausible course of action.
        >
        > Be warned all of you married couple, who GOD forbid, argue a little
        > to loud so that your nosebag neighbor over hears, Someday you to
        may
        > be the unfortunate victim of a break in or hit and 18 years later
        > there may be the same overzealous DA looking to make a name for
        > himself. You may just be the next Dateline NBC movie of the week.
        >
        > Disgusted...with society
        >

        > P.S. We "WILL" be attending PCC this April and "WILL" continue to
        > fight and support Mike and Renee George until someone actually
        > provides a shred of proof that he is guilty.

      • Jim Balent Studios
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 18, 2008
          Ditto!

          <artofedbeard@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
          > themselves to be entertained by the DA's award winning performance
          > for Dateline NBC and loose all sense of reality and destroy a man
          and
          > his family with a guilty verdict, just because it "sounds" like a
          > plausible course of action.
          >
          > Be warned all of you married couple, who GOD forbid, argue a little
          > to loud so that your nosebag neighbor over hears, Someday you to
          may
          > be the unfortunate victim of a break in or hit and 18 years later
          > there may be the same overzealous DA looking to make a name for
          > himself. You may just be the next Dateline NBC movie of the week.
          >
          > Disgusted... with society
          >

          > P.S. We "WILL" be attending PCC this April and "WILL" continue to
          > fight and support Mike and Renee George until someone actually
          > provides a shred of proof that he is guilty.

        • Ed Beard Jr.
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 18, 2008
            I just got this e-mailed to me from the GBG forum:

            It outlines a few more of the "DA'S" "Star" witnesses...?

            More of the same style National Inquire style tall tales that can't
            be backed up with proof. All hear-say

            CBG Forum Posted by Brent
            Frankenhoff
            Snip>: Key to the
            prosecution's case was the testimony of witness <b>Michael Renaud</b>
            who said
            he called the Georges' store the evening of the murder at
            approximately 5:30
            p.m. and Michael George answered the phone, which contradicted
            George's alibi of
            being asleep at his mother's home at the time. "He answered the
            phone, that was
            his fatal mistake," Kaplan said.

            YEAH I PERSON WHO WAS NEVER INTERVIEWED 18 YEARS AGO YET NOW SEEMS
            TO REMEMBER THAT HE CALLED THIS COMIC STORE , HE REMEMBERS THE EXACT
            TIME AND REMEMBERS THAT IT WAS MICHAEL'S VOICE??? ANOTHER GENIUS
            WITTNESS WITH AN IDIOT SAVANTS MEMORY. HOORAY FOR THE DA!

            tional testimony of <b>Barbee Hancock-Kalbfleisch</b>, who said that
            when she
            came to the store about the same time, she found the door locked,
            while Barbara
            was out ordering food for the surprise birthday party she was
            planning for
            Michael later that evening.

            WHAT ON EARTH DOES THSAT PROVE?

            testify in his own defense also helped clinch the verdict. "A
            defendant's
            decision not to testify is generally harmful to the defense,

            THIS WAS THE WORST THING MICHAELS ATTORNEY COULD HAVE EVER ADVISED
            HIM TO DO?? i AGREE WITH Kaplan ON THIS ONE!
          • Will Crites
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 18, 2008
              I see him winning out on an appeal.

              Will