Re: Comicon Update

  • Maya
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
> [...]
      > hope everyone has enough fun for me to!
      > -Bart
      >

      > In a message dated 2/29/2008 5:49:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > patlqp@... writes:
      >

      > Hello folks, the Comicon website will be updated in the next week
      but
      > here is a copy of the email update that will soon be going out as a
      > preview of what you can expect!!!!!
      >
      > ------------------------------
      >
      > Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls and all the ships at sea,
      >
      > It's time for another Comicon Update.
      >
      > Sorry it's been awhile since my last update, but we've been
      finishing
      > up on the Convention Newspaper. You should be receiving yours any
      day
      > now.
      > If you aren't on the mailing list don't hesitate to email your
      mailing
      > address to: _pcomicon@..._ (mailto:pcomicon@...) and
      > we'll get you added right away.
      >
      > So what new guests can you expect:
      >
      > • How about Battlestar Galactica's Chief Tyrol, Aaron Douglas
      > appearing for the first time in Pittsburgh?
      >
      > • and How about Ghost Hunter International'• and How abou
      >
      > • Lastly from the media guest category, we have: "Fighting Crime
      > One-Donut at a Time", Who Wants to Be A Superhero's Fat Momma;
      >
      > We have also added 40+ others guests from throughout the comics
      industry.

      > Two guests that made it just a smidge too late to be included in
      the
      > flyer, include:
      >
      > • Writer of Guy Gardner, Wyonna Earp and the new 24:Cold Warriors
      > Graphic Novel, comic's toughman, Beau Smith
      >
      > and classic actor from many Ed Wood productions and various horror
      > films, Conrad Brooks.
      >
      > We have also just added our events schedule, a partial gaming
      schedule
      > and new auction stuff;
      >
      > You can check it all out at www.pittsburghcomicYou ca
      >
      > We do have two cancellations to announce: We regret that scheduling
      > changes will preclude Ken Foree and Brian Pulido from making it
      > Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
      years.

      > That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming
      up,

      > ...........and the show goes on!!
      >
      > Patrick Thomas
      > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
      >
      > Pittsburgh Comicon
      > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
      > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
      > www.pittsburghcomicwww.pi
      > _pcomicon@..._ (mailto:pcomicon@...)
      > 1002 Graham Ave.
      > Windber, PA 15963
      > 814-467-4116
      > 814-467-4416
      >
      > ----------------------
      >
      > So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies,
      but
      > I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

      Living.
      > (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-
      campos-duffy/
      > 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

    • Maya
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites"
        <megacitytours@...> wrote:
        >Finally, I'm glad to see someone talking about costumes, It took me
        a half hour to read all these messages.
        So Let change the SUBJECT of the price and Go to why you really
        want to go to the PCC?
        For me..... It's the costumes and costumers. I too will be at the PCC
        with my daughter, she want to be Batgirl, and I want her to be Little
        Washu(from Techi). And I'm working on a two Anime costume for myself:
        Aisha Clan clan (from The OutLaw Star) and Yoruichi (from Bleach).
        And my bff is going to be Amane Misa (from Death Note). In the near
        future I should be finished with (Vixen) and my bff is going to be
        Black Canary. So
        I planning to have Fun!!!!!!!!
        Who want to go there to have fun. I'll see you there!
        > I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable
        future. But I
        > go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find
        comics for
        > my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm
        hoping Amy
        > Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and
        this year
        > my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume,
        I'll be
        > Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).
        >
        > Will
        >
        > DUGGER wrote:
        >
        > GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go
        to san
        > diego. every other con pails in comparison

      • Jim Balent Studios
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
          I'll be interviewing the cosplayers
          be prepared!

          <megacitytours@ ...> wrote:
          >Finally, I'm glad to see someone talking about costumes, It took me
          a half hour to read all these messages.
          So Let change the SUBJECT of the price and Go to why you really
          want to go to the PCC?
          For me..... It's the costumes and costumers. I too will be at the PCC
          with my daughter, she want to be Batgirl, and I want her to be Little
          Washu(from Techi). And I'm working on a two Anime costume for myself:
          Aisha Clan clan (from The OutLaw Star) and Yoruichi (from Bleach).
          And my bff is going to be Amane Misa (from Death Note). In the near
          future I should be finished with (Vixen) and my bff is going to be
          Black Canary. So
          I planning to have Fun!!!!!!!!
          Who want to go there to have fun. I'll see you there!
          > I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable
          future. But I
          > go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find
          comics for
          > my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm
          hoping Amy
          > Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and
          this year
          > my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume,
          I'll be
          > Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).
          >
          > Will
          >
          > DUGGER wrote:
          >
          > GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go
          to san
          > diego. every other con pails in comparison

        • Will Crites
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
            Maya hit it on the head. Why go to the PCC, to have fun. Me and my daughter
            are going to Otakon in August. Shes going as a pokemon and I'll going as
            Ganju Shiba from Bleach. Maybe all the costumers on the list could meet up
            before the con begins.

            Will

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
              An added incentive for going. Can't wait to see you there.

              Will

              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                I really been wanting to meet Amy since I became part of the Sirens of
                Cinema Street Team. Ah, Holly, ya got me blushing :)

                Will

                Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                > pretty sure Amy will be there!
                > :Hugging Will:
              • Jim Balent Studios

                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                    heehee

                    Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                    pretty sure Amy will be there!
                    :Hugging Will:

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        mailto:pittscomicon-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        mailto:pittscomicon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008

                      NOOOOOOOOOO, but I think you understand what Im saying.

                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                        heehee

                        ____________ __
                        > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                      • paul s. brittain
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                          I have attended the Pittsburgh Con as both a fan and as a vendor to sell my
                          books. Considering that this event is independently managed and is not a
                          "Wizard Con", I don't think you can ask for much more. I have made new
                          friends and met great star guests in Pittsburgh. Some day I would like to
                          try the other cons, but for now, I'm content with this one that is within 30
                          miles of home.

                          Paul S. Brittain
                          www.psbpublications.com