Re: [pittscomicon] My view on the con.

  • Jim Balent Studios
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3 6:13 AM
      cupcake anyone?

      Donald Hargnett wrote:

      Thanks to everyone who responded and shared their thoughts
      intelligently. And now for batmite.,,,

      Quote batmite "Hey here is an idea don't go"
      Here's another idea, read my post, particularly the part where I said
      I'm not going.

      Quote batmite"try and compare the two you must be smoking something you
      should pass around"
      I never compared the two. I go to Steelcity as well, but it's a toy
      show with very few comic vendors.

      Quote batmite "Are those people driving or flying in for the bargins or
      is it because of a guest or an artist they want to meet"
      I don't know, that's why I asked instead of assuming everyone's reason
      for going is the same as mine.

      Quote batmite ".If there was a separte charge for artist alley and
      Frank Cho came back would you complain that you had to pay to meet one
      guy?"
      No. Mentioning Franks was more to illustrate that in all the times
      I've gone to the Con, there's only been one guest I've wanted to meet
      and the guests are not a motivation for attending.

      Quote batmite " all the vendors that do show up at the Con to sell you
      stuff come from different states, so why come to the Burgh"
      To sell stuff. Would they sell more if there were more people
      attending because it is cheaper to get in? Seems a large number of
      them stopped attending so we have multiple DVD tables and water
      proofers.