Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Comicon Update

  • Jim Balent Studios
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
      pretty sure Amy will be there!
      :Hugging Will:

      Will Crites wrote:

      >I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable future. But I
      >go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find comics for
      >my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm hoping Amy
      >Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and this year
      >my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume, I'll be
      >Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).
      >
      >Will
      >
      >DUGGER wrote:
      >
      >GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san
      >diego. every other con pails in comparison
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jim Balent Studios
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
        mmm should we take this personally...
        humph-and I bought a bunch of cute outfits!
        and hats 2!
        H :-P

        DUGGER wrote:
        Im pretty sure thats not directed at me. I go to many cons, for several reasons. PCC is decent, Ive had better luck elsewhere as far as filling gaps in my collection. As far as guests, again PCC is ok, Philly, New York, San Diego especially has more to offer. My only  dissapointment with the PCC is that  the same guests every year, My point about the Steel City Con, they may only get one or 2 artists, but they are different. Hell last time Billy Tan was there and he told me he didnt see himself coming to the PCC, didnt give me a reason either.
         Im still goin to the PCC, I like it alot, but the last few years in my mind have been lackluster as far as guests.

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
> [...]
          > hope everyone has enough fun for me to!
          > -Bart
          >

          > In a message dated 2/29/2008 5:49:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          > patlqp@... writes:
          >

          > Hello folks, the Comicon website will be updated in the next week
          but
          > here is a copy of the email update that will soon be going out as a
          > preview of what you can expect!!!!!
          >
          > ------------------------------
          >
          > Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls and all the ships at sea,
          >
          > It's time for another Comicon Update.
          >
          > Sorry it's been awhile since my last update, but we've been
          finishing
          > up on the Convention Newspaper. You should be receiving yours any
          day
          > now.
          > If you aren't on the mailing list don't hesitate to email your
          mailing
          > address to: _pcomicon@..._ (mailto:pcomicon@...) and
          > we'll get you added right away.
          >
          > So what new guests can you expect:
          >
          > • How about Battlestar Galactica's Chief Tyrol, Aaron Douglas
          > appearing for the first time in Pittsburgh?
          >
          > • and How about Ghost Hunter International'• and How abou
          >
          > • Lastly from the media guest category, we have: "Fighting Crime
          > One-Donut at a Time", Who Wants to Be A Superhero's Fat Momma;
          >
          > We have also added 40+ others guests from throughout the comics
          industry.

          > Two guests that made it just a smidge too late to be included in
          the
          > flyer, include:
          >
          > • Writer of Guy Gardner, Wyonna Earp and the new 24:Cold Warriors
          > Graphic Novel, comic's toughman, Beau Smith
          >
          > and classic actor from many Ed Wood productions and various horror
          > films, Conrad Brooks.
          >
          > We have also just added our events schedule, a partial gaming
          schedule
          > and new auction stuff;
          >
          > You can check it all out at www.pittsburghcomicYou ca
          >
          > We do have two cancellations to announce: We regret that scheduling
          > changes will preclude Ken Foree and Brian Pulido from making it
          > Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
          years.

          > That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming
          up,

          > ...........and the show goes on!!
          >
          > Patrick Thomas
          > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
          >
          > Pittsburgh Comicon
          > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
          > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
          > www.pittsburghcomicwww.pi
          > _pcomicon@..._ (mailto:pcomicon@...)
          > 1002 Graham Ave.
          > Windber, PA 15963
          > 814-467-4116
          > 814-467-4416
          >
          > ----------------------
          >
          > So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies,
          but
          > I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

          Living.
          > (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-
          campos-duffy/
          > 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

        • Maya
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites"
            <megacitytours@...> wrote:
            >Finally, I'm glad to see someone talking about costumes, It took me
            a half hour to read all these messages.
            So Let change the SUBJECT of the price and Go to why you really
            want to go to the PCC?
            For me..... It's the costumes and costumers. I too will be at the PCC
            with my daughter, she want to be Batgirl, and I want her to be Little
            Washu(from Techi). And I'm working on a two Anime costume for myself:
            Aisha Clan clan (from The OutLaw Star) and Yoruichi (from Bleach).
            And my bff is going to be Amane Misa (from Death Note). In the near
            future I should be finished with (Vixen) and my bff is going to be
            Black Canary. So
            I planning to have Fun!!!!!!!!
            Who want to go there to have fun. I'll see you there!

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
              I'll be interviewing the cosplayers
              be prepared!

              <megacitytours@ ...> wrote:
              >Finally, I'm glad to see someone talking about costumes, It took me
              a half hour to read all these messages.
              So Let change the SUBJECT of the price and Go to why you really
              want to go to the PCC?
              For me..... It's the costumes and costumers. I too will be at the PCC
              with my daughter, she want to be Batgirl, and I want her to be Little
              Washu(from Techi). And I'm working on a two Anime costume for myself:
              Aisha Clan clan (from The OutLaw Star) and Yoruichi (from Bleach).
              And my bff is going to be Amane Misa (from Death Note). In the near
              future I should be finished with (Vixen) and my bff is going to be
              Black Canary. So
              I planning to have Fun!!!!!!!!
              Who want to go there to have fun. I'll see you there!
              > I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable
              future. But I
              > go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find
              comics for
              > my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm
              hoping Amy
              > Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and
              this year
              > my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume,
              I'll be
              > Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).
              >
              > Will
              >
              > DUGGER wrote:
              >
              > GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go
              to san
              > diego. every other con pails in comparison

            • Will Crites
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                Maya hit it on the head. Why go to the PCC, to have fun. Me and my daughter
                are going to Otakon in August. Shes going as a pokemon and I'll going as
                Ganju Shiba from Bleach. Maybe all the costumers on the list could meet up
                before the con begins.

                Will

                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                  An added incentive for going. Can't wait to see you there.

                  Will

                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                    I really been wanting to meet Amy since I became part of the Sirens of
                    Cinema Street Team. Ah, Holly, ya got me blushing :)

                    Will

                    Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                    > pretty sure Amy will be there!
                    > :Hugging Will:
                  • Jim Balent Studios

                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                        heehee

                        Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                        pretty sure Amy will be there!
                        :Hugging Will:

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                        <*> Your email settings:
                            Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                            (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:
                            mailto:pittscomicon-digest@yahoogroups.com
                            mailto:pittscomicon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008

                          NOOOOOOOOOO, but I think you understand what Im saying.

                          ____________ __

                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                            heehee

                            ____________ __
                            > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                          • paul s. brittain
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                              I have attended the Pittsburgh Con as both a fan and as a vendor to sell my
                              books. Considering that this event is independently managed and is not a
                              "Wizard Con", I don't think you can ask for much more. I have made new
                              friends and met great star guests in Pittsburgh. Some day I would like to
                              try the other cons, but for now, I'm content with this one that is within 30
                              miles of home.

                              Paul S. Brittain
                              www.psbpublications.com