Re: [pittscomicon] Re: Comicon Update

    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
      GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san diego. every other con pails in comparison

      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
        I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable future. But I
        go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find comics for
        my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm hoping Amy
        Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and this year
        my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume, I'll be
        Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).

        Will

        DUGGER wrote:

        GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san
        diego. every other con pails in comparison
      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
          OK heres the thing.... all the vendors that do show up at the Con to
          sell you stuff come from different states, so why come to the Burgh?
          Because they know a couple thousand people from all over will be
          there. Are those people driving or flying in for the bargins or is it
          because of a guest or an artist they want to meet? Come on man you
          know the answer to that, if it wasnt for the guests would I drive to
          Baltimore from PA for a comic show? NO.....If there was a separte
          charge for artist alley and Frank Cho came back would you complain
          that you had to pay to meet one guy? Or would you be suggesting pay
          for each guest you want to meet? --- In

          ______________

          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
            Im pretty sure thats not directed at me. I go to many cons, for several reasons. PCC is decent, Ive had better luck elsewhere as far as filling gaps in my collection. As far as guests, again PCC is ok, Philly, New York, San Diego especially has more to offer. My only  dissapointment with the PCC is that  the same guests every year, My point about the Steel City Con, they may only get one or 2 artists, but they are different. Hell last time Billy Tan was there and he told me he didnt see himself coming to the PCC, didnt give me a reason either.
             Im still goin to the PCC, I like it alot, but the last few years in my mind have been lackluster as far as guests.

            ____________ __
            > Be a better friend, newshound, and

          • Jim Balent Studios
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
              if it helps any
              we do bring our comics-TPB-art prints-artbooks-special con pin up books
              and for the 1st time Candles!
              so maybe that will be a bit exciting-since i know some of our issues are a bit rare!

              sjharvey9@... wrote:

              In a message dated 3/1/2008 12:51:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, donaldbain@alltel. net writes:
              I've gone to every Con so far.  This will be the first one I've missed
              and  it's due to the over inflated entry fee and lack of new sellers.
              Does anyone else feel this way or and I the Lone Ranger here?

              I sort of agree. I'll still go to the Comicon this year, but, nothing against all of the artists that they have at the Con, I know they have to make a living just like the rest of us, but there did used to be a lot more comics vendors in the past. Maybe they should charge a separate fee to see the artists. Like I said, I'll still be going this year. I can't ever imagine missing it since I've been going for at least the last 10 years.

              --- SCOTT

            • Jim Balent Studios
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                pretty sure Amy will be there!
                :Hugging Will:

                Will Crites wrote:

                >I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable future. But I
                >go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find comics for
                >my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm hoping Amy
                >Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and this year
                >my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume, I'll be
                >Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).
                >
                >Will
                >
                >DUGGER wrote:
                >
                >GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san
                >diego. every other con pails in comparison
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Jim Balent Studios
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                  mmm should we take this personally...
                  humph-and I bought a bunch of cute outfits!
                  and hats 2!
                  H :-P

                  ____________ __
                  > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                • Maya
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
> [...]
                    > hope everyone has enough fun for me to!
                    > -Bart
                    >

                    > In a message dated 2/29/2008 5:49:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                    > patlqp@... writes:
                    >

                    > Hello folks, the Comicon website will be updated in the next week
                    but
                    > here is a copy of the email update that will soon be going out as a
                    > preview of what you can expect!!!!!
                    >
                    > ------------------------------
                    >
                    > Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls and all the ships at sea,
                    >
                    > It's time for another Comicon Update.
                    >
                    > Sorry it's been awhile since my last update, but we've been
                    finishing
                    > up on the Convention Newspaper. You should be receiving yours any
                    day
                    > now.
                    > If you aren't on the mailing list don't hesitate to email your
                    mailing
                    > address to: _pcomicon@..._ (mailto:pcomicon@...) and
                    > we'll get you added right away.
                    >
                    > So what new guests can you expect:
                    >
                    > • How about Battlestar Galactica's Chief Tyrol, Aaron Douglas
                    > appearing for the first time in Pittsburgh?
                    >
                    > • and How about Ghost Hunter International'• and How abou
                    >
                    > • Lastly from the media guest category, we have: "Fighting Crime
                    > One-Donut at a Time", Who Wants to Be A Superhero's Fat Momma;
                    >
                    > We have also added 40+ others guests from throughout the comics
                    industry.

                    > Two guests that made it just a smidge too late to be included in
                    the
                    > flyer, include:
                    >
                    > • Writer of Guy Gardner, Wyonna Earp and the new 24:Cold Warriors
                    > Graphic Novel, comic's toughman, Beau Smith
                    >
                    > and classic actor from many Ed Wood productions and various horror
                    > films, Conrad Brooks.
                    >
                    > We have also just added our events schedule, a partial gaming
                    schedule
                    > and new auction stuff;
                    >
                    > You can check it all out at www.pittsburghcomicYou ca
                    >
                    > We do have two cancellations to announce: We regret that scheduling
                    > changes will preclude Ken Foree and Brian Pulido from making it
                    > Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
                    years.

                    > That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming
                    up,

                    > ...........and the show goes on!!
                    >
                    > Patrick Thomas
                    > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
                    >
                    > Pittsburgh Comicon
                    > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
                    > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
                    > www.pittsburghcomicwww.pi
                    > _pcomicon@..._ (mailto:pcomicon@...)
                    > 1002 Graham Ave.
                    > Windber, PA 15963
                    > 814-467-4116
                    > 814-467-4416
                    >
                    > ----------------------
                    >
                    > So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies,
                    but
                    > I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

                    Living.
                    > (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-
                    campos-duffy/
                    > 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

                  • Maya
                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites"
                      <megacitytours@...> wrote:
                      >Finally, I'm glad to see someone talking about costumes, It took me
                      a half hour to read all these messages.
                      So Let change the SUBJECT of the price and Go to why you really
                      want to go to the PCC?
                      For me..... It's the costumes and costumers. I too will be at the PCC
                      with my daughter, she want to be Batgirl, and I want her to be Little
                      Washu(from Techi). And I'm working on a two Anime costume for myself:
                      Aisha Clan clan (from The OutLaw Star) and Yoruichi (from Bleach).
                      And my bff is going to be Amane Misa (from Death Note). In the near
                      future I should be finished with (Vixen) and my bff is going to be
                      Black Canary. So
                      I planning to have Fun!!!!!!!!
                      Who want to go there to have fun. I'll see you there!

                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                        I'll be interviewing the cosplayers
                        be prepared!

                        <megacitytours@ ...> wrote:
                        >Finally, I'm glad to see someone talking about costumes, It took me
                        a half hour to read all these messages.
                        So Let change the SUBJECT of the price and Go to why you really
                        want to go to the PCC?
                        For me..... It's the costumes and costumers. I too will be at the PCC
                        with my daughter, she want to be Batgirl, and I want her to be Little
                        Washu(from Techi). And I'm working on a two Anime costume for myself:
                        Aisha Clan clan (from The OutLaw Star) and Yoruichi (from Bleach).
                        And my bff is going to be Amane Misa (from Death Note). In the near
                        future I should be finished with (Vixen) and my bff is going to be
                        Black Canary. So
                        I planning to have Fun!!!!!!!!
                        Who want to go there to have fun. I'll see you there!
                        > I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable
                        future. But I
                        > go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find
                        comics for
                        > my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm
                        hoping Amy
                        > Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and
                        this year
                        > my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume,
                        I'll be
                        > Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).
                        >
                        > Will
                        >
                        > DUGGER wrote:
                        >
                        > GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go
                        to san
                        > diego. every other con pails in comparison

                      • Will Crites
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                          Maya hit it on the head. Why go to the PCC, to have fun. Me and my daughter
                          are going to Otakon in August. Shes going as a pokemon and I'll going as
                          Ganju Shiba from Bleach. Maybe all the costumers on the list could meet up
                          before the con begins.

                          Will

                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                            An added incentive for going. Can't wait to see you there.

                            Will

                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                              I really been wanting to meet Amy since I became part of the Sirens of
                              Cinema Street Team. Ah, Holly, ya got me blushing :)

                              Will

                              Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                              > pretty sure Amy will be there!
                              > :Hugging Will:
                            • Jim Balent Studios

                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                  heehee

                                  Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                                  pretty sure Amy will be there!
                                  :Hugging Will:

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                      Individual Email | Traditional

                                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                                  <*> To change settings via email:
                                      mailto:pittscomicon-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                      mailto:pittscomicon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008

                                    NOOOOOOOOOO, but I think you understand what Im saying.

                                    ____________ __

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                      heehee

                                      ____________ __
                                      > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                                    • paul s. brittain
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                        I have attended the Pittsburgh Con as both a fan and as a vendor to sell my
                                        books. Considering that this event is independently managed and is not a
                                        "Wizard Con", I don't think you can ask for much more. I have made new
                                        friends and met great star guests in Pittsburgh. Some day I would like to
                                        try the other cons, but for now, I'm content with this one that is within 30
                                        miles of home.

                                        Paul S. Brittain
                                        www.psbpublications.com