Re: [pittscomicon] Comicon Update

    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008
      im kinda upset bc ill not be able to make it this year so no snake eyes costume for me. at the end of the month i am getting deployed for about 7 months <reserve duty>.
      hope everyone has enough fun for me to!
      -Bart

      In a message dated 2/29/2008 5:49:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, patlqp@... writes:

      Hello folks, the Comicon website will be updated in the next week but
      here is a copy of the email update that will soon be going out as a
      preview of what you can expect!!!!!

      ------------ --------- ---------

      Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls and all the ships at sea,

      It's time for another Comicon Update.

      Sorry it's been awhile since my last update, but we've been finishing
      up on the Convention Newspaper. You should be receiving yours any day
      now.
      If you aren't on the mailing list don't hesitate to email your mailing
      address to: pcomicon@floodcity. net and we'll get you added right away.

      So what new guests can you expect:

      • How about Battlestar Galactica's Chief Tyrol, Aaron Douglas
      appearing for the first time in Pittsburgh?

      • and How about Ghost Hunter International' s Brian Harnios?

      • Lastly from the media guest category, we have: "Fighting Crime
      One-Donut at a Time", Who Wants to Be A Superhero's Fat Momma;

      We have also added 40+ others guests from throughout the comics industry.

      Two guests that made it just a smidge too late to be included in the
      flyer, include:

      • Writer of Guy Gardner, Wyonna Earp and the new 24:Cold Warriors
      Graphic Novel, comic's toughman, Beau Smith

      and classic actor from many Ed Wood productions and various horror
      films, Conrad Brooks.

      We have also just added our events schedule, a partial gaming schedule
      and new auction stuff;

      You can check it all out at www.pittsburghcomic on.com

      We do have two cancellations to announce: We regret that scheduling
      changes will preclude Ken Foree and Brian Pulido from making it
      Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming years.

      That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming up,

      ...........and the show goes on!!

      Patrick Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon
      April 25, 26, 27, 2008
      Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
      www.pittsburghcomic on.com
      pcomicon@floodcity. net
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963
      814-467-4116
      814-467-4416

      ------------ --------- -

      So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies, but
      I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

      Talk to you soon, Patrick

    • Jim Balent Studios
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
        :blush:
        see you their Mitey

        batmiteforever wrote:

        Hey here is an idea don't go. Go to Steel city con with its one or
        two artists and if your lucky maybe someone who was in a Star Wars
        movie for half a second. Thats not a knock on Steel city I go to both
        shows but to try and compare the two you must be smoking something
        you should pass around. Steel city guest wise is no where near PGH
        Con, so I'm sure the overhead cost is a lot less. Yeah it hurts
        paying 18 bucks to get in but to me the trade off out ways that cost.
        I'm the other end of the spectrum I collect artwork and enjoy meeting
        the people who create the books and characters I enjoy. There is a
        thrill in discovering a self published book that is actually better
        than what the main steam companies churn out. If I was only there for
        the dollar bins I probably would stay home or surf ebay. So you save
        your $18.00 bucks and I'll tell Jim, Holly and the people who put on
        the show thanks!
        --- In pittscomicon@ yahoogroups. com, Donald Hargnett

      • sjharvey9@aol.com
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
          In a message dated 3/1/2008 12:51:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, donaldbain@... writes:
          I've gone to every Con so far.  This will be the first one I've missed
          and  it's due to the over inflated entry fee and lack of new sellers.
          Does anyone else feel this way or and I the Lone Ranger here?

          I sort of agree. I'll still go to the Comicon this year, but, nothing against all of the artists that they have at the Con, I know they have to make a living just like the rest of us, but there did used to be a lot more comics vendors in the past. Maybe they should charge a separate fee to see the artists. Like I said, I'll still be going this year. I can't ever imagine missing it since I've been going for at least the last 10 years.

          --- SCOTT

          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
            GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san diego. every other con pails in comparison

            <donaldbain@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
            > > years.
            > >
            > > That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff
            coming up,

            > > ...........and the show goes on!!
            > >
            > > Patrick Thomas
            > > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
            > >
            > > Pittsburgh Comicon
            > > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
            > > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
            > > www.pittsburghcomic on.com
            > > pcomicon@...
            > > 1002 Graham Ave.
            > > Windber, PA 15963
            > > 814-467-4116
            > > 814-467-4416
            > >
            > > ------------ --------- -
            > >
            > > So once the update is up you go can check out all the new
            goodies, but
            > > I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

          • Will Crites
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
              I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable future. But I
              go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find comics for
              my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm hoping Amy
              Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and this year
              my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume, I'll be
              Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).

              Will

              DUGGER wrote:

              GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san
              diego. every other con pails in comparison
            • batmiteforever
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
                OK heres the thing.... all the vendors that do show up at the Con to
                sell you stuff come from different states, so why come to the Burgh?
                Because they know a couple thousand people from all over will be
                there. Are those people driving or flying in for the bargins or is it
                because of a guest or an artist they want to meet? Come on man you
                know the answer to that, if it wasnt for the guests would I drive to
                Baltimore from PA for a comic show? NO.....If there was a separte
                charge for artist alley and Frank Cho came back would you complain
                that you had to pay to meet one guy? Or would you be suggesting pay
                for each guest you want to meet? --- In

                ______________

                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
                  Im pretty sure thats not directed at me. I go to many cons, for several reasons. PCC is decent, Ive had better luck elsewhere as far as filling gaps in my collection. As far as guests, again PCC is ok, Philly, New York, San Diego especially has more to offer. My only  dissapointment with the PCC is that  the same guests every year, My point about the Steel City Con, they may only get one or 2 artists, but they are different. Hell last time Billy Tan was there and he told me he didnt see himself coming to the PCC, didnt give me a reason either.
                   Im still goin to the PCC, I like it alot, but the last few years in my mind have been lackluster as far as guests.

                  ____________ __

                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                    if it helps any
                    we do bring our comics-TPB-art prints-artbooks-special con pin up books
                    and for the 1st time Candles!
                    so maybe that will be a bit exciting-since i know some of our issues are a bit rare!

                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                      pretty sure Amy will be there!
                      :Hugging Will:

                      Will Crites wrote:

                      >I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable future. But I
                      >go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find comics for
                      >my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm hoping Amy
                      >Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and this year
                      >my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume, I'll be
                      >Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).
                      >
                      >Will
                      >
                      >DUGGER wrote:
                      >
                      >GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san
                      >diego. every other con pails in comparison
                      >

                      >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Jim Balent Studios
                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                        mmm should we take this personally...
                        humph-and I bought a bunch of cute outfits!
                        and hats 2!
                        H :-P

                        ____________ __
                        > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                      • Maya
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
> [...]
                          > Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
                          years.

                          > That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming
                          up,

                          > ...........and the show goes on!!
                          >
                          > Patrick Thomas
                          > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
                          >
                          > Pittsburgh Comicon
                          > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
                          > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
                          > www.pittsburghcomicwww.pi
                          > _pcomicon@..._ (mailto:pcomicon@...)
                          > 1002 Graham Ave.
                          > Windber, PA 15963
                          > 814-467-4116
                          > 814-467-4416
                          >
                          > ----------------------
                          >
                          > So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies,
                          but
                          > I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

                          Living.
                          > (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-
                          campos-duffy/
                          > 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

                        • Maya
                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                            --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites"
                            <megacitytours@...> wrote:
                            >Finally, I'm glad to see someone talking about costumes, It took me
                            a half hour to read all these messages.
                            So Let change the SUBJECT of the price and Go to why you really
                            want to go to the PCC?
                            For me..... It's the costumes and costumers. I too will be at the PCC
                            with my daughter, she want to be Batgirl, and I want her to be Little
                            Washu(from Techi). And I'm working on a two Anime costume for myself:
                            Aisha Clan clan (from The OutLaw Star) and Yoruichi (from Bleach).
                            And my bff is going to be Amane Misa (from Death Note). In the near
                            future I should be finished with (Vixen) and my bff is going to be
                            Black Canary. So
                            I planning to have Fun!!!!!!!!
                            Who want to go there to have fun. I'll see you there!

                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                              I'll be interviewing the cosplayers
                              be prepared!

                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                Maya hit it on the head. Why go to the PCC, to have fun. Me and my daughter
                                are going to Otakon in August. Shes going as a pokemon and I'll going as
                                Ganju Shiba from Bleach. Maybe all the costumers on the list could meet up
                                before the con begins.

                                Will

                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                  An added incentive for going. Can't wait to see you there.

                                  Will

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                    I really been wanting to meet Amy since I became part of the Sirens of
                                    Cinema Street Team. Ah, Holly, ya got me blushing :)

                                    Will

                                    Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                                    > pretty sure Amy will be there!
                                    > :Hugging Will:
                                  • Jim Balent Studios

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                        heehee

                                        Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                                        pretty sure Amy will be there!
                                        :Hugging Will:

                                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                                        <*> Your email settings:
                                            Individual Email | Traditional

                                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                                            (Yahoo! ID required)

                                        <*> To change settings via email:
                                            mailto:pittscomicon-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                            mailto:pittscomicon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008

                                          NOOOOOOOOOO, but I think you understand what Im saying.

                                          ____________ __

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                            heehee

                                            ____________ __
                                            > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                                          • paul s. brittain
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                              I have attended the Pittsburgh Con as both a fan and as a vendor to sell my
                                              books. Considering that this event is independently managed and is not a
                                              "Wizard Con", I don't think you can ask for much more. I have made new
                                              friends and met great star guests in Pittsburgh. Some day I would like to
                                              try the other cons, but for now, I'm content with this one that is within 30
                                              miles of home.

                                              Paul S. Brittain
                                              www.psbpublications.com