Re: Comicon Update

  • batmiteforever
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1 2:05 PM
      Hey here is an idea don't go. Go to Steel city con with its one or
      two artists and if your lucky maybe someone who was in a Star Wars
      movie for half a second. Thats not a knock on Steel city I go to both
      shows but to try and compare the two you must be smoking something
      you should pass around. Steel city guest wise is no where near PGH
      Con, so I'm sure the overhead cost is a lot less. Yeah it hurts
      paying 18 bucks to get in but to me the trade off out ways that cost.
      I'm the other end of the spectrum I collect artwork and enjoy meeting
      the people who create the books and characters I enjoy. There is a
      thrill in discovering a self published book that is actually better
      than what the main steam companies churn out. If I was only there for
      the dollar bins I probably would stay home or surf ebay. So you save
      your $18.00 bucks and I'll tell Jim, Holly and the people who put on
      the show thanks!
      --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Donald Hargnett

      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 1 2:11 PM
        im kinda upset bc ill not be able to make it this year so no snake eyes costume for me. at the end of the month i am getting deployed for about 7 months <reserve duty>.
        hope everyone has enough fun for me to!
        -Bart

        In a message dated 2/29/2008 5:49:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, patlqp@... writes:

        Hello folks, the Comicon website will be updated in the next week but
        here is a copy of the email update that will soon be going out as a
        preview of what you can expect!!!!!

        ------------ --------- ---------

        Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls and all the ships at sea,

        It's time for another Comicon Update.

        Sorry it's been awhile since my last update, but we've been finishing
        up on the Convention Newspaper. You should be receiving yours any day
        now.
        If you aren't on the mailing list don't hesitate to email your mailing
        address to: pcomicon@floodcity. net and we'll get you added right away.

        So what new guests can you expect:

[...]

        pcomicon@floodcity. net
        1002 Graham Ave.
        Windber, PA 15963
        814-467-4116
        814-467-4416

        ------------ --------- -

        So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies, but
        I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

        Talk to you soon, Patrick

      • Jim Balent Studios
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 2 7:08 AM
          :blush:
          see you their Mitey

        • sjharvey9@aol.com
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 2 8:55 AM
            In a message dated 3/1/2008 12:51:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, donaldbain@... writes:
            I've gone to every Con so far.  This will be the first one I've missed
            and  it's due to the over inflated entry fee and lack of new sellers.
            Does anyone else feel this way or and I the Lone Ranger here?

            I sort of agree. I'll still go to the Comicon this year, but, nothing against all of the artists that they have at the Con, I know they have to make a living just like the rest of us, but there did used to be a lot more comics vendors in the past. Maybe they should charge a separate fee to see the artists. Like I said, I'll still be going this year. I can't ever imagine missing it since I've been going for at least the last 10 years.

            --- SCOTT

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 2 9:56 AM
              GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san diego. every other con pails in comparison

              <donaldbain@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
              > > years.
              > >
              > > That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff
              coming up,

              > > ...........and the show goes on!!
              > >
              > > Patrick Thomas
              > > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
              > >
              > > Pittsburgh Comicon
              > > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
              > > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
              > > www.pittsburghcomic on.com
              > > pcomicon@...
              > > 1002 Graham Ave.
              > > Windber, PA 15963
              > > 814-467-4116
              > > 814-467-4416
              > >
              > > ------------ --------- -
              > >
              > > So once the update is up you go can check out all the new
              goodies, but
              > > I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

            • Will Crites
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 2 12:13 PM
                I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable future. But I
                go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find comics for
                my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm hoping Amy
                Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and this year
                my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume, I'll be
                Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).

                Will

                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 2 12:17 PM
                  OK heres the thing.... all the vendors that do show up at the Con to
                  sell you stuff come from different states, so why come to the Burgh?
                  Because they know a couple thousand people from all over will be
                  there. Are those people driving or flying in for the bargins or is it
                  because of a guest or an artist they want to meet? Come on man you
                  know the answer to that, if it wasnt for the guests would I drive to
                  Baltimore from PA for a comic show? NO.....If there was a separte
                  charge for artist alley and Frank Cho came back would you complain
                  that you had to pay to meet one guy? Or would you be suggesting pay
                  for each guest you want to meet? --- In

                  ______________

                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 2 12:34 PM
                    Im pretty sure thats not directed at me. I go to many cons, for several reasons. PCC is decent, Ive had better luck elsewhere as far as filling gaps in my collection. As far as guests, again PCC is ok, Philly, New York, San Diego especially has more to offer. My only  dissapointment with the PCC is that  the same guests every year, My point about the Steel City Con, they may only get one or 2 artists, but they are different. Hell last time Billy Tan was there and he told me he didnt see himself coming to the PCC, didnt give me a reason either.
                     Im still goin to the PCC, I like it alot, but the last few years in my mind have been lackluster as far as guests.

                    ____________ __

                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 3 6:04 AM
                      if it helps any
                      we do bring our comics-TPB-art prints-artbooks-special con pin up books
                      and for the 1st time Candles!
                      so maybe that will be a bit exciting-since i know some of our issues are a bit rare!

                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 3 6:09 AM
                        pretty sure Amy will be there!
                        :Hugging Will:

                        Will Crites wrote:

                        >I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable future. But I
                        >go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find comics for
                        >my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm hoping Amy
                        >Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and this year
                        >my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume, I'll be
                        >Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).
                        >
                        >Will
                        >
                        >DUGGER wrote:
                        >
                        >GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san
                        >diego. every other con pails in comparison
                        >

                        >Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Jim Balent Studios
                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 3 6:10 AM
                          mmm should we take this personally...
                          humph-and I bought a bunch of cute outfits!
                          and hats 2!
                          H :-P

                          ____________ __
                          > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                        • Maya
                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 3 8:17 AM
> [...]
                            > Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
                            years.

                            > That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming
                            up,

                            > ...........and the show goes on!!
                            >
                            > Patrick Thomas
                            > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
                            >
                            > Pittsburgh Comicon
                            > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
                            > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
                            > www.pittsburghcomicwww.pi
                            > _pcomicon@..._ (mailto:pcomicon@...)
                            > 1002 Graham Ave.
                            > Windber, PA 15963
                            > 814-467-4116
                            > 814-467-4416
                            >
                            > ----------------------
                            >
                            > So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies,
                            but
                            > I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

                            Living.
                            > (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-
                            campos-duffy/
                            > 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

                          • Maya
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 3 8:49 AM
                              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites"
                              <megacitytours@...> wrote:
                              >Finally, I'm glad to see someone talking about costumes, It took me
                              a half hour to read all these messages.
                              So Let change the SUBJECT of the price and Go to why you really
                              want to go to the PCC?
                              For me..... It's the costumes and costumers. I too will be at the PCC
                              with my daughter, she want to be Batgirl, and I want her to be Little
                              Washu(from Techi). And I'm working on a two Anime costume for myself:
                              Aisha Clan clan (from The OutLaw Star) and Yoruichi (from Bleach).
                              And my bff is going to be Amane Misa (from Death Note). In the near
                              future I should be finished with (Vixen) and my bff is going to be
                              Black Canary. So
                              I planning to have Fun!!!!!!!!
                              Who want to go there to have fun. I'll see you there!

                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 3 8:58 AM
                                I'll be interviewing the cosplayers
                                be prepared!

                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 3 11:40 AM
                                  Maya hit it on the head. Why go to the PCC, to have fun. Me and my daughter
                                  are going to Otakon in August. Shes going as a pokemon and I'll going as
                                  Ganju Shiba from Bleach. Maybe all the costumers on the list could meet up
                                  before the con begins.

                                  Will

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Mar 3 11:42 AM
                                    An added incentive for going. Can't wait to see you there.

                                    Will

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Mar 3 11:45 AM
                                      I really been wanting to meet Amy since I became part of the Sirens of
                                      Cinema Street Team. Ah, Holly, ya got me blushing :)

                                      Will

                                      Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                                      > pretty sure Amy will be there!
                                      > :Hugging Will:
                                    • Jim Balent Studios

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Mar 3 11:51 AM
                                          heehee

                                          Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                                          pretty sure Amy will be there!
                                          :Hugging Will:

                                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                                          <*> Your email settings:
                                              Individual Email | Traditional

                                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                                              (Yahoo! ID required)

                                          <*> To change settings via email:
                                              mailto:pittscomicon-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                              mailto:pittscomicon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                          Message 20 of 28 , Mar 3 2:17 PM

                                            NOOOOOOOOOO, but I think you understand what Im saying.

                                            ____________ __

                                            Message 21 of 28 , Mar 3 3:43 PM
                                              heehee

                                              ____________ __
                                              > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                                            • paul s. brittain
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Mar 4 1:52 PM
                                                I have attended the Pittsburgh Con as both a fan and as a vendor to sell my
                                                books. Considering that this event is independently managed and is not a
                                                "Wizard Con", I don't think you can ask for much more. I have made new
                                                friends and met great star guests in Pittsburgh. Some day I would like to
                                                try the other cons, but for now, I'm content with this one that is within 30
                                                miles of home.

                                                Paul S. Brittain
                                                www.psbpublications.com