Re: [pittscomicon] Comicon Update

  • Lisa Davis
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008
      I can understand both sides, like Dugger said!   Um, you said it should be more affordable right?...Yes, I agree that the prices for to get in (like 18 bucks) yeah, that is a lot!   But for them to take it down to like 10 bucks, yeah, some more people would come, but  then they'd be kinda over crowded, I'd think, but I could be wrong.   To be staying at the Radisson for $149.00 bucks a night?....I think you over estimated buddy!   I made my reservations.....and I got the Con rate for $ 99.00 bucks a night!  How the heck did you figure in $149.00 is beyond me!
      I had gone to the Steel City Con.....and besides...there is NO Costuming People there like there are at Pitts!  Just my 2 cents!
      ~Spidergirl

         You can check it all out at www.pittsburghcomicon.com

         We do have two cancellations to announce: We regret that scheduling
         changes will preclude Ken Foree and Brian Pulido from making it
         Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
        years.

         That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming up,

         ...........and the show goes on!!

         Patrick Thomas
         Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

         Pittsburgh Comicon
         April 25, 26, 27, 2008
         Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
         www.pittsburghcomicon.com
        pcomicon@...
         1002 Graham Ave.
         Windber, PA 15963
         814-467-4116
         814-467-4416

         ----------------------

         So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies, but
         I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

         Talk to you soon, Patrick

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:pittscomicon-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:pittscomicon-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • batmiteforever
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008
          Hey here is an idea don't go. Go to Steel city con with its one or
          two artists and if your lucky maybe someone who was in a Star Wars
          movie for half a second. Thats not a knock on Steel city I go to both
          shows but to try and compare the two you must be smoking something
          you should pass around. Steel city guest wise is no where near PGH
          Con, so I'm sure the overhead cost is a lot less. Yeah it hurts
          paying 18 bucks to get in but to me the trade off out ways that cost.
          I'm the other end of the spectrum I collect artwork and enjoy meeting
          the people who create the books and characters I enjoy. There is a
          thrill in discovering a self published book that is actually better
          than what the main steam companies churn out. If I was only there for
          the dollar bins I probably would stay home or surf ebay. So you save
          your $18.00 bucks and I'll tell Jim, Holly and the people who put on
          the show thanks!
          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Donald Hargnett

          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 1, 2008
            im kinda upset bc ill not be able to make it this year so no snake eyes costume for me. at the end of the month i am getting deployed for about 7 months <reserve duty>.
            hope everyone has enough fun for me to!
            -Bart

            In a message dated 2/29/2008 5:49:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, patlqp@... writes:

            Hello folks, the Comicon website will be updated in the next week but
            here is a copy of the email update that will soon be going out as a
            preview of what you can expect!!!!!

            ------------ --------- ---------

            Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls and all the ships at sea,

            It's time for another Comicon Update.

            Sorry it's been awhile since my last update, but we've been finishing
            up on the Convention Newspaper. You should be receiving yours any day
            now.
            If you aren't on the mailing list don't hesitate to email your mailing
            address to: pcomicon@floodcity. net and we'll get you added right away.

            So what new guests can you expect:

            ------------ --------- -

            So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies, but
            I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

            Talk to you soon, Patrick

          • Jim Balent Studios
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
              :blush:
              see you their Mitey

            • sjharvey9@aol.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
                In a message dated 3/1/2008 12:51:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, donaldbain@... writes:
                I've gone to every Con so far.  This will be the first one I've missed
                and  it's due to the over inflated entry fee and lack of new sellers.
                Does anyone else feel this way or and I the Lone Ranger here?

                I sort of agree. I'll still go to the Comicon this year, but, nothing against all of the artists that they have at the Con, I know they have to make a living just like the rest of us, but there did used to be a lot more comics vendors in the past. Maybe they should charge a separate fee to see the artists. Like I said, I'll still be going this year. I can't ever imagine missing it since I've been going for at least the last 10 years.

                --- SCOTT

                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
                  GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san diego. every other con pails in comparison

                  <donaldbain@ ...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
                  > > years.
                  > >
                  > > That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff
                  coming up,

                  > > ...........and the show goes on!!
                  > >
                  > > Patrick Thomas
                  > > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
                  > >
                  > > Pittsburgh Comicon
                  > > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
                  > > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
                  > > www.pittsburghcomic on.com
                  > > pcomicon@...
                  > > 1002 Graham Ave.
                  > > Windber, PA 15963
                  > > 814-467-4116
                  > > 814-467-4416
                  > >
                  > > ------------ --------- -
                  > >
                  > > So once the update is up you go can check out all the new
                  goodies, but
                  > > I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

                • Will Crites
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
                    I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable future. But I
                    go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find comics for
                    my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm hoping Amy
                    Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and this year
                    my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume, I'll be
                    Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).

                    Will

                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
                      OK heres the thing.... all the vendors that do show up at the Con to
                      sell you stuff come from different states, so why come to the Burgh?
                      Because they know a couple thousand people from all over will be
                      there. Are those people driving or flying in for the bargins or is it
                      because of a guest or an artist they want to meet? Come on man you
                      know the answer to that, if it wasnt for the guests would I drive to
                      Baltimore from PA for a comic show? NO.....If there was a separte
                      charge for artist alley and Frank Cho came back would you complain
                      that you had to pay to meet one guy? Or would you be suggesting pay
                      for each guest you want to meet? --- In

                      ______________

                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 2, 2008
                        Im pretty sure thats not directed at me. I go to many cons, for several reasons. PCC is decent, Ive had better luck elsewhere as far as filling gaps in my collection. As far as guests, again PCC is ok, Philly, New York, San Diego especially has more to offer. My only  dissapointment with the PCC is that  the same guests every year, My point about the Steel City Con, they may only get one or 2 artists, but they are different. Hell last time Billy Tan was there and he told me he didnt see himself coming to the PCC, didnt give me a reason either.
                         Im still goin to the PCC, I like it alot, but the last few years in my mind have been lackluster as far as guests.

                        ____________ __

                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                          if it helps any
                          we do bring our comics-TPB-art prints-artbooks-special con pin up books
                          and for the 1st time Candles!
                          so maybe that will be a bit exciting-since i know some of our issues are a bit rare!

                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                            pretty sure Amy will be there!
                            :Hugging Will:

                            Will Crites wrote:

                            >I'd love to go to San Diego, but thats not in my foreseeable future. But I
                            >go to the PCC for the artists *hi Jim, hi Holly*. I always find comics for
                            >my collection for a fairly cheap price. Besides Jim and Holly I'm hoping Amy
                            >Lynn Best will be there. So the $18 is no big deal to me. Oh and this year
                            >my daughter is going with me. We'll be there on Sunday in costume, I'll be
                            >Tatewki Kuno (Ranma 1/2) and she'll be Sakura Haruno (Naruto).
                            >
                            >Will
                            >
                            >DUGGER wrote:
                            >
                            >GEEZ people, youre taking the posting to hard. save your money, go to san
                            >diego. every other con pails in comparison
                            >

                            >Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • Jim Balent Studios
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                              mmm should we take this personally...
                              humph-and I bought a bunch of cute outfits!
                              and hats 2!
                              H :-P

                              ____________ __
                              > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                            • Maya
                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
> [...]
                                > Pittsburgh Comicon 2008, but we hope to see them again in coming
                                years.

                                > That's it for now but you can count on more exciting stuff coming
                                up,

                                > ...........and the show goes on!!
                                >
                                > Patrick Thomas
                                > Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon
                                >
                                > Pittsburgh Comicon
                                > April 25, 26, 27, 2008
                                > Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
                                > www.pittsburghcomicwww.pi
                                > _pcomicon@..._ (mailto:pcomicon@...)
                                > 1002 Graham Ave.
                                > Windber, PA 15963
                                > 814-467-4116
                                > 814-467-4416
                                >
                                > ----------------------
                                >
                                > So once the update is up you go can check out all the new goodies,
                                but
                                > I'm always glad to make the fanboard, the first in the know.

                                Living.
                                > (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-
                                campos-duffy/
                                > 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

                              • Maya
                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                  --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Will Crites"
                                  <megacitytours@...> wrote:
                                  >Finally, I'm glad to see someone talking about costumes, It took me
                                  a half hour to read all these messages.
                                  So Let change the SUBJECT of the price and Go to why you really
                                  want to go to the PCC?
                                  For me..... It's the costumes and costumers. I too will be at the PCC
                                  with my daughter, she want to be Batgirl, and I want her to be Little
                                  Washu(from Techi). And I'm working on a two Anime costume for myself:
                                  Aisha Clan clan (from The OutLaw Star) and Yoruichi (from Bleach).
                                  And my bff is going to be Amane Misa (from Death Note). In the near
                                  future I should be finished with (Vixen) and my bff is going to be
                                  Black Canary. So
                                  I planning to have Fun!!!!!!!!
                                  Who want to go there to have fun. I'll see you there!

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                    I'll be interviewing the cosplayers
                                    be prepared!

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                      Maya hit it on the head. Why go to the PCC, to have fun. Me and my daughter
                                      are going to Otakon in August. Shes going as a pokemon and I'll going as
                                      Ganju Shiba from Bleach. Maybe all the costumers on the list could meet up
                                      before the con begins.

                                      Will

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                        An added incentive for going. Can't wait to see you there.

                                        Will

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                          I really been wanting to meet Amy since I became part of the Sirens of
                                          Cinema Street Team. Ah, Holly, ya got me blushing :)

                                          Will

                                          Jim Balent Studios wrote:

                                          > pretty sure Amy will be there!
                                          > :Hugging Will:
                                        • Jim Balent Studios

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008

                                                NOOOOOOOOOO, but I think you understand what Im saying.

                                                ____________ __

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Mar 3, 2008
                                                  heehee

                                                  ____________ __
                                                  > Be a better friend, newshound, and

                                                • paul s. brittain
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Mar 4, 2008
                                                    I have attended the Pittsburgh Con as both a fan and as a vendor to sell my
                                                    books. Considering that this event is independently managed and is not a
                                                    "Wizard Con", I don't think you can ask for much more. I have made new
                                                    friends and met great star guests in Pittsburgh. Some day I would like to
                                                    try the other cons, but for now, I'm content with this one that is within 30
                                                    miles of home.

                                                    Paul S. Brittain
                                                    www.psbpublications.com