Re: [pittscomicon] Expo Mart re-do?

  • Jim Balent Studios
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2007
      relax...It'll be at the Hotel it has always been at....
      Holly

      norvandell wrote:

      Called the Expo mart this morning, and I was told to call back after
      Jan 2nd, to confirm what and when anything is going to happen.

      What I find hard to believe at this point, is that anything needs to
      be done to the Expo mart at all. Most people forget too, that other
      companies use the offices in the Expo mart. Not to mention the fact
      that it was just re-carpeted what, 3 years ago now.

      The person I did talk to, also said that at this point buisness will
      go forwards as usual, and IF demo were to occur, other arrangements
      would be made for already booked events.

      We must realize to, for those of you wondering about the lack of web
      site updates, that this will happen from time to time, and when there
      is updates, they'll post those as soon as they can. There was just
      one a few days ago.

      The con should go on, whether in Monroeville, or at another venue
      near by. Lets all just be calm, and let things happen at their own
      pace. If anything, you may just have a little more driving to do to
      get to where ever the show is.

    • axxinjaxxin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
        Well, since Tekkoshocon has had to move, and their convention is only
        two weeks before ours, and they get fewer attendees than us, I get the
        feeling we'll be moving locations over to the Greentree Radisson as well.

        I find it hard to believe, though, that a convention as big as Comicon
        is going to be able to find enough hotels in the nearby vicinity for
        the overflow for as many people as it brings in on the far side of
        Pittsburgh. I've been known to be wrong on that, though =)