Updates for Pittsbugh's 15th Anniversary Comicon

  • Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007
      From ComicArtFans:

      http://www.comicartfans.com/SubNewsDetails.asp?NID=773

      Updates for Pittsbugh's 15th Anniversary Comicon

      Greetings and Salutation My Comicon Compadres,

      We at Comicon Headquarters are primed and ready to bring the 15th
      installment of the Pittsburgh Comicon to 'The Burgh!' April 25th, 26th
      and 27th, 2008. Last week the first wave of guests was put up on the
      Comicon Website and more will be going up by the first of next week.

      . The first wave includes some guests that couldn't make it last year
      but are back on board for 2008, including:

      Jimmy Palmiotti (Jonah Hex, Countdown)
      Amanda Conner (Green Arrow/Black Canary Wedding Special)
      and
      Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern:The Sinestro Corps.)

      . Some guests we haven't seen in a while, but are returning for our
      15th Anniversary, including:

      Jamal Igle (Countdown-The Search for Ray Palmer:Crime Syndicate)
      Legendary Marvel Artist - Sal Buscema
      Master Illustrator - Michael Kaluta

      . Some guests are making their First Appearance in Pittsburgh, including:

      Ghost Rider creator, Gary Friedrich
      Classic Marvel Artist, Herb Trimpe
      and
      Legendary EC Artist and Writer, Al Feldstein

      . Plus we have plenty of returning favorites on tap for 2008, including:
      Joe Linsner (Dark Ivory)
      Eva Hopkins (Dark Ivory)
      David Mack (Kabuki)
      Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies)
      Tim Truman (Conan / Grimjack)
      Bob Almond (Quasar)
      Pat Olliffe (52 Aftermath:The Four Horsemen)
      Scott McDaniel (Countdown:Arena)
      Billy Tucci (Shi / Sgt. Rock)
      Joe Jusko (Comic Painter)
      Talent Caldwell (Countdown / Wildcats:Armageddon)

      and two first timers from last year, Mike Grell and Alex Saviuk, had
      so much fun in 2007 they were first in line to sign up for 2008.

      Check out http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/ for a full list of guests,
      and check back next week for the second wave of guest announcements as
      well as a first look a some of our Make-A-Wish Items for 2008!

      We have some surprises in store for our 15th Anniversary Celebration
      so keep watching the website and I'll do my best to keep you informed
      of all the developments for Pittsburgh Comicon 2008.

      In the meantime, if you want to discuss the upcoming show and save
      some cash on comics,
      Don't miss the Comics World - Halloween Sale
      October 11-12-13-14, 2007 at Comicon HQ - Comics World of Windber
      50% Off All Backstock including Mylar Backstock
      40% Off All New Comics
      35% Off All Sports Cards
      25% Off All Gaming Products, Graphic Novels, Toys, Comics and Card
      Supplies
      100s of CGC GRADED BOOKS AS LOW AS $20.00
      EVERYTHING ON SALE!
      Store Hours: Wed-Fri: 12-8 / Sat-Sun: 12-5

      Hope to see you at the sale, if not I'll be in touch soon,

      Patrick A. Thomas
      Marketing Director - Pittsburgh Comicon

      Pittsburgh Comicon
      April 25, 26, 27, 2008
      Pittsburgh Expomart - Monroeville, PA
      http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/
      pittsburghcomicon@...
      1002 Graham Ave.
      Windber, PA 15963
      814-467-4116
      814-467-4416
    • Anthony
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
        Hi,
        Just to clarify, I have no connection with the Con. Just wanted to
        share the news I found online...

        :-)

        --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@...> wrote:

        > From ComicArtFans:
        >
        > http://www.comicartfans.com/SubNewsDetails.asp?NID=773
        >
        > Updates for Pittsbugh's 15th Anniversary Comicon
      • TOD SMITH
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
          I see that now, no prob

          >From: "Anthony" <forgiona@...>
          >To: pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [pittscomicon] Re: Updates for Pittsbugh's 15th Anniversary
          >Comicon
          >Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:39:14 -0000
          >
          >Hi,
          >Just to clarify, I have no connection with the Con. Just wanted to
          >share the news I found online...
          >
          >:-)
          >
          >--- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <forgiona@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > From ComicArtFans:
          > >
          > > http://www.comicartfans.com/SubNewsDetails.asp?NID=773
          > >
          > > Updates for Pittsbugh's 15th Anniversary Comicon

          Get a FREE small business Web site and more from Microsoft� Office Live!
          http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0930003811mrt/direct/01/