Follow up on Michael George Extradited!

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007
      http://www.tribune-democrat.com/local/local_story_267123945.html

      NEW – Windber man will go to Michigan to face murder charge
      By Kirk Swauger
      The Tribune-Democrat

      WINDBER — A Windber comic-shop owner suspected of murdering his
      estranged wife 17 years ago is maintaining his innocence and will
      fight the charges in Michigan.

      Michael George, 46, owner of Comics World on Graham Avenue, waived
      extradition Monday before Somerset County President Judge John Cascio.

      His attorney, Tim Leventry of Richland Township, said George made the
      decision after receiving documents about the case from prosecutors in
      Michigan.

      "No information in those documents, we believe, suggests any form of
      homicide," Leventry said. "We want to get Mr. George to Michigan as
      quickly as possible to have a preliminary hearing."

      George is expected to be transported to Michigan in 10 days to two
      weeks, Somerset County District Attorney Jerry Spangler said.