9/11/07 Update on Mike

  • axxinjaxxin
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2007
      Source: http://www.wjactv.com/news/14082192/detail.html

      Extradition Hearing Postponed Again

      SOMERSET, Pa. -- Somerset County comic book store owner, Michael
      George, was in court Monday for an extradition hearing. He's accused
      of killing his wife 17 years ago in Michigan. For the second time, his
      hearing has been postponed.

      As George made his way from the Somerset County Courthouse back to the
      jail, there is still no final decision on if and when he will go to
      Michigan to face the murder charges against him. According to district
      attorney, Jerry Spangler, the delay is to be expected.

      "We've been informed that the paperwork from Michigan has been
      received by the governor's office and is being reviewed," said
      Spangler. "They are in the process of preparing a Pennsylvania
      governor's warrant."

      The warrant is necessary for George to be sent back to Michigan for
      trial. Spangler said the paperwork should be completed within a couple
      of days and that Monday's hearing was more of a status report than
      anything else.

      George has been fighting extradition, claiming that someone broke into
      his Michigan comic book store and killed his wife.

      The commonwealth has 60 days to get the paperwork in order. A new
      hearing date has not yet been set.

      There is also a video on the site... Mike looks like hell.
    • Chad "Space Ghost" Wilson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2007
        Thanks for the update. On Sunday I saw Renee at the Baltimore
        Comicon. She looked good and told me they were fighting "this thing"
        and were taking it one day at a time. She also commented that she
        thought she needed to be at the show to make a strong showing for the
        Pittsburgh Comicon. And there defiantly was! I saw an 8 1/2 x 11
        sheet with a large XV on it, and some small colorful postcards with
        Supergirl and, I believe, Power Girl that said the Pittsburgh Comicon
        welcomes you with open arms! There was also a picture at one of the
        booths of the Captain America and Black Widow Zombie picture with the
        Pittsburgh Comicon name and date on it. That looked really cool,
        seeing as how popular the Marvel Zombies are. I have a feeling Marvel
        Zombies will make a big impact on the 2008 comicon (flyers, programs
        books, etc).