Re: [pittscomicon] Nothing new to report today about Mike

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
      Well, I hope he is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be innocent, and they find out exactly who the culprit is.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
        I was wanting to know....If by chance that they DO find him guilty and have to send him back to Michigan?....What will happen to the PittsComicon now?

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
          I would certainly miss going to the con, but at the moment I think
          that is the least of anyone's concerns. There are more important
          things at stake here for Mike and his family.

          --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Davis <lisad_2711@...>
          wrote:

          > I was wanting to know....If by chance that they DO find him guilty
          and have to send him back to Michigan?....What will happen to the
          PittsComicon now?

          > DUGGER <dugger_rockz@...> wrote:
          > Well, I hope he is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to
          be innocent, and they find out exactly who the culprit is.

        • Lisa Davis
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
            Yes, I totally agree with the latter of what most of the gang here have said.   I was just curious to know what is/will happen to the Convention that Mike has started.   I went to the convention here this year for my first time (I had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself in costume too!),Yes, I'll deeply miss the convention also if it is not going to happen anymore!   I am deeply shocked and saddened at this news at this given time.  I hope that we'll learn some good news in the future!!

            wrote:

            > I was wanting to know....If by chance that they DO find him guilty
            and have to send him back to Michigan?... .What will happen to the
            PittsComicon now?

            > DUGGER <dugger_rockz@ ...> wrote:
            > Well, I hope he is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to
            be innocent, and they find out exactly who the culprit is.

          • axxinjaxxin
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
              --- In pittscomicon@yahoogroups.com, "norvandell" <BIG_BOOTE@...> wrote:

              > I have a friend, who wrote the artical for CBR.com, and he says that
              > so far nothing new to report.
              >
              > The Extridition, will be a seperate trial that the Michigan
              > authorities will have to fight here. Basically, if Mike wins, theres a
              > very good chance that all will go in his favor. Michigan, will have to
              > prove beyond a doubt, that Mike did what they are claiming. If that
              > happens, then mike will go to Michigan where another trial for the
              > charges will occur.
              >
              > If Michigan can't prove the charges, they can't take him back. Now I'm
              > no lawyer, but from what I understand, sounds like things are very
              > encouraging for Mike right now.
              >
              > Has anyone been by the store to see if they're open?. I would rather
              > get my comics from Comics World than think that they are closed before
              > asking, than not get my books at all.
              >
              > Tod

              I'd like to make one clarification on your post, as I work in the
              field of law...

              In the extradition, the Michigan folks will not need to prove guilt or
              anything "beyond a shadow of a doubt." They will need to come into
              Somerset County and enter what is called "prima facie" case
              (Definition from Wikipedia: in common law jurisdictions, prima facie
              denotes evidence that (unless rebutted) would be sufficient to prove a
              particular proposition or fact.) They will not need to prove the
              entire case here.

              In effect, they need to prove the lowest burden in legalese known as
              "preponderance of the evidence", which one attorney explained to me
              one time as a scale. If after the evidence is presented in court, the
              scale is balanced or tips ever so slightly in Mike's favor, he will
              not be extradited and in effect wins. If the scale tips ever so
              slightly in Michigan's favor, he will be extradited.

              Hope this helps.

              Rich
            • qrychepgh
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007
                Fraud charges added regarding stolen books:
                http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007708100323

                Anyone know whether he collected life insurance?

                wrote:

                > I have a friend, who wrote the artical for CBR.com, and he says
                that
                > so far nothing new to report.
                >
                > The Extridition, will be a seperate trial that the Michigan
                > authorities will have to fight here. Basically, if Mike wins,
                theres a
                > very good chance that all will go in his favor. Michigan, will have
                > prove beyond a doubt, that Mike did what they are claiming. If that
                > happens, then mike will go to Michigan where another trial for the
                > charges will occur.
                >
                > If Michigan can't prove the charges, they can't take him back. Now
                I'm
                > no lawyer, but from what I understand, sounds like things are very
                > encouraging for Mike right now.
                >
                > Has anyone been by the store to see if they're open?. I would
                rather
                > get my comics from Comics World than think that they are closed
                before
                > asking, than not get my books at all.
                >
                > Tod

              • Lisa Davis
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 10, 2007

                  If this helps you guys any.....I have the link to WJACTV.com that they did a report on Michael George.....there is a video link as well of a report.